1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' REAL franchise player - all other threads are copycats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

My confidence level is 60 % that some opinions will never change, such as "wouldn't you trade him for Ivey?", "he is not the best player", "Jabari at 5, this is the way", "he is not part of the core, he needs to see how he fits in around Jalen", "he is a negative defender", "archetype", "rumour has it he is the worst PNR defender in the league".

Maybe the opinion would change after he leads us to a championship, like Jokic did for Denver, which took Jokic 7 years or so, but then the narrative would more likely be, well, he improved a lot, that was unlikely. Kind of like what Kelly Iko did - he said he was sorry about his Sengun slander, but then explained that Sengun is a lot better now (which implies that Kelly wasn't really wrong, it was just an unexpected and inexplicable improvement...).

My opinion is that, yes, he has improved and will continue to improve (he is still only 21, younger than Chet Holmgren), but one could see the potential for everything he is doing now very early on, including the potential for being a decent defender. Some, like Silas and Stone and others, just didn't want to see it.

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I mean, he was MVP of the Turkish league (probably 3rd best league in the world, with a bunch of ex-NBA guys) at age 18.

rfrocket and cml750 like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

4. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Seriously! It is really what it is. Too bad for those who can't enjoy the growth of a star before our eyes.

HardenReturns and cml750 like this.
  5. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Hmm, there's nothing to show from our recent games, so it seems like you rely on archived video clips.

This is a desperate attempt to gather SOFs.

6. the11mingdynasty

That’s his final form in the Association.

7. maypk

maypk Member

At least he was not getting traded for Dyson Daniels on this RW so i'll call that an improvement.

But i love how @Clutch mentioned he had the worst defensive rating in the game yesterday while completely ignoring the fact that he has the best DRTG in the starting lineup for the season, lol.

#8787 maypk, Nov 29, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    clos4life, Rinaldi and HardenReturns like this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Alperen is 100% unequivocally the Rockets franchise player. It's not really a debate at this point.

9. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

The SOFs are really hyping up their PR game, trying super hard to make Jalen look worse than Sinjin. Don't get sucked into that nonsense, alright? Keep an eye out for that fake news.

10. MystikArkitect

SenHub is what CunningHub was supposed to be.

11. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Lol, the Shinjinians totally didn't realize they just proved Jalen's got higher numbered defensive rating way more than that foreigner... They basically played themselves. What a bunch of clueless super fans.

harold bingo likes this.
  12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Wow... how overly sensitive can you be?

13. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Ladies and gentlemen:
    Only 60 more pages to our "500 pages before Christmas" goal.
    For this reason, I welcome with open arms the turd named @OnlyRockets to the topic.
    It seems he will exceed his projected spew of oral diarrhea with hate topping and reach the target by himself long before Christmas.

plegus, Ankara1923, clos4life and 3 others like this.
  14. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Thanks for your warm welcome!

SOFs gonna enjoy my posts a lot hahahahah

HardenReturns likes this.
  15. maypk

maypk Member

What exactly made you think i'm overly sensitive?

Can't I just make fun of a grown ass man who can't admit he has been wrong even though he has been blatantly proven wrong?

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The troll account is a bit too well-spoken for it to be fchowd or hlm. My guess is Sam Fisher.

17. Tempington

Tempington Member

Tbh he is trying a bit too hard.

18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I think it works for the first few posts, then rapidly gets stale. It's at least more original than the ones who come in for 2 days, call everybody dumb and other primary school playground insults then get ignored to oblivion lol.

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

Fchowd0311 is a true Jalen Green fan, nothing wrong with that. This new troll is pretty obvious in his goal. At least Os Trigonum tries to troll with decent ability, this new guy sounds like a 5 year old in smarts and trolling ability.

maypk likes this.
  20. clos4life

clos4life Member

Dirk is a SOF confirmed!