1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Pffft harden is a way better player with HoF status basically confirmed while sengun has just embark down the road of greatness.

harden has folks hating on him for stuff outside of basketball. But instead of having folks cry to the forum of how folks are being racist to a black African man, we just acknowledge that some folks just like to hate aka haters.

Meanwhile we have sengun only fans crying about racism. Pffft

Dobbizzle likes this.
  2. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Yes, absolutely no difference in Harden playing in a predominantly black league vs Sengun who didn't even speak the language last year. President Biden should be reaching out any day now for your contributions in ending racism. "It just doesn't exist Jack!"

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

You rarely ever see this move by even the most mature of the vets.
    His ceiling is the best of all times.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

And you SOFs wonder why the rest of us don't take you as serious basketball fans. :rolleyes:

Dobbizzle and majicdonjuan like this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

How many people made that statement? Just wondering, because you used the plural form.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

That one poster doesn't represent all da folks that like sengun's game. I do think that there's a good chance he can b the best Turkish player ever to play for the nba

cml750, majicdonjuan, topfive and 2 others like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Exactly.

Just because one poster goes overboard with enthusiasm doesn't justify to constantly label everyone who is (justifiably) high on a player as "you crazy [player name] only fans".

cml750, arno_ed and CircaSurvive like this.
  9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta bring that same energy to the KPJ stans.

10. TheJet

TheJet Member

Sure it does, as I'm sure you'll remember (insert logical fallacy here ;)) .

For the folks that were active during Linsanity it played out almost exactly the same way, to a higher degree. A vocal minority destroyed all credibility and potential for unbiased discussion. It was brutal.

I might even stretch it a bit further to include the Yao years, but IMO Yao was one hell of a underrated player and could have been an all time great without all the health issues.

Dobbizzle and topfive like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

First of all don't derail this thread!
    2nd
    Alpi hater you seem to be braindead. You really lack imagination and seem to have a severely rigid mind. You watch basketball every day but it seems the more you watch the less you know. Your mind is kind clogged and you cant see the forest from the trees and you just focusing on intrigues.

Ceiling of any basketball player is the best ever and especially ceiling of Alperen Sengun. Ceiling is just what's possible for him or for every player in his lifetime. Its not a real, palpable thing so you can prove it or disprove it. In words of KG anything is possible!

Especially for high iq players, bc iq rules and unlike is the case with the body, there's no limit to which mind/skills can be developed even at older age.

Steph Curry is just one of these examples where the brain/skills/precision rules over the giants and brute strength.

However, did you predict he will be the main cog of the greatest team of all time?
    I DONT THINK SO

So Alpi hater, did you or not predict Steph, Klay and Dray will be the greatest team of all times or the greatest core if you will?

If not, Alpi hater stop pretending like you know the future.

Cheers!

#871 hakeem94, Jan 31, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    Ankara1923 likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you should really focus on the topic of this thread and spare us the trivia...

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

OTH I am not even a SOF, just a run of the mill Rockets fan, nor I am from Turkey, then how could my enthusiasm discredit the entire so called SOF group. LOL Only in a weird mind clogged with hatred or whatever.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You were a Rockets fan and registered here when Alpi was 13 or 14!

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahah! i knew about him all the time, honestly he looks a lot like one of my cousins when he was younger...gotta be related because our playin style is eerily similar...

Ankara1923 likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Also, why did you put "female" into your profile lol.

topfive likes this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Both of them?

AroundTheWorld and kubli9 like this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Funny how you label me "Alpi hater" just because I'm not yet convinced he's going to be the next Jokic (or better!).

I love Sengun and love the parts of his game that are pretty highly developed for his age. He's got better post footwork than most current NBA players, and his court vision and passing are superb. But unlike you, I don't grow erect while watching him play because I can also see his flaws. I can also see valid reasons why Silas hasn't played him 48 minutes a game during his entire career. In fact, I could make a good argument that Silas has brought him along pretty well, seeing as how he's playing at a pretty high level now. Had he been given too many minutes earlier, who knows what would have happened to his ego when he made more careless turnovers, missed more easy 3s, and was the target of even more horrible calls by refs who never favor rookies? Instead, Alpi is now a starter and right on course to be a main cog in the future Rockets teams.

So hater? Hardly. I'm just not blinded by his HOF chances like some* of you are.

And like almost every Rockets fan, I hope he blossoms into a star. I just don't kid myself that he's already there or that it's inevitable.

* Okay, not all of you. Better? :D

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Better :p

Also...he will get to the HOF (barring injuries) :cool:

cml750 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member