1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' REAL franchise player - all other threads are copycats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

Spiderpickle and clos4life like this.
  2. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

it wouldn’t make a difference if they had heart, they were simply incapable. Silas is not an nba coach, nix is not an nba player, kpj is not a starter in the league. They were thrash.

ime is good. We fight because we have guards that can play d and experience and mental strength to keep playing their game. And a coach who has actual defensive schemes. It is not heart, these guys are pros who are good at their jobs.

I know what you mean, and I agree with it. I just don’t like it when some traits like being a good athlete and shooter are associated with the words talent and skill, and traits like defense, consistency, making the right plays are associated with the word heart. That downplays those players.

clos4life, cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

'It was Embarrassing!': Paul George on Getting Fooled by Houston Rockets Center Alperen Şengün's Spin

"I got crossed on the shimmy, and I fouled you too. It was embarrassing," George told Şengün. "You hit me that first time, I jumped hard left, because I thought you were really going baseline. Then the second time I was like, 'I'm expecting it this time', and then you hit me with it again!"

https://www.si.com/nba/rockets/news...ul-george-with-spin-move-los-angeles-clippers

DreamShook likes this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

5. cujo

cujo Member

Respect to PG for admitting he got cooked and it was a foul even though it wasn’t called if I’m not mistaken

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

“…then I found some girl, still my girlfriend of almost 2 years. She doesn’t know anything about basketball or sports.

Was she jealous of you making love to the basketball?

She’s always on my ass after the game. “What did you tell the ball this time?!”

Any teammates teaching you stuff?

They did before. Josh Christopher was teaching me a lot of things. He knows a lot of shitty words. You can’t hear anyways but he was talking all the time. Jalen teach me a lot of stuff too.

What words did Jalen teach you?

I can’t tell right now.

Your welcome to the NBA moment?

After day I got drafted, before the summer league, we were working out with the team. KJ dunked on me in practice. …

When did you realize you’re getting taller?

I didn’t think that but since I came into the NBA, I think a couple inches I grew up. I don’t know how that happened.

What was your height when you came in?

6’9 but now 6’11.

Biggest change with Udoka both on and off the court?

He’s great both on and off the court. He’s not that old. He’s young. He’s acting like a player still. He’s so professional. On the court, he knows what he’s gonna do. Off the court, he’s having fun with us, laughing with us. He’s not gonna lie to your face. Like I said, biggest part is being professional. He brings a lot of things. He brings happiness to us. Everyone is happy. He’s helping us a lot. He’s been great for us.

… Ime, in his mind, if you do bad things, Ime is talking **** to him. You can’t do the same mistake. It wasn’t like that before. Now, in defense and offense, we are awake. We know what we’re doing. More professional.

Having a coach that trust you?

He trusts me in a lot of things. Making me play with more confidence. He’s given me that confidence. “Shoot that, shoot that.” If I’m not shooting, he’s like “Come on man”, talking to me. His biggest thing is talking to us, teaching us. In the game, he’s giving us confidence. Communication is the biggest part. The other coaches are like Ime too. Royal Ivey, Tiago, Ben Sullivan, all coaching staff is great. They’re all like Ime.

First time playing with Dillon Brooks?

Always play against him sucks. Even for big guys. If you are on same team, great person. He’s helping us a lot. … I wasn’t a great defender but I’m getting better because we have better defensive players on the team.

How much has Hakeem been a help or how much have you worked with him?

I’ve worked with him once. We had a one-time chance. It was my first year. I was surprised how he was moving like that still. …

Rumor circulating that Hakeem charges $50K.

I’ve heard that but I don’t know if it’s true or not.

You didn’t pay the $50K?

No way. … If you’re a Rockets player, he’s not charging that much.

Are you thinking about an all-star team or first team all-NBA? Goals for yourself?

What you are saying is big dreams for everybody. We want to win. I want to do best for my teammates and team. I want to be a winning team player. I’m not playing for all-star. I’m trying to just make the right play. All-star is a big dream. If we are winning and a good team and all-star comes, I’m not gonna say no.

Sengun’s international starting five: Luka—Ginobili—Turkoglu—Giannis—Jokic

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I cannot accept this Dirk slander...but then again, I guess he had to put one Turk in there.

11. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

who happens to be the president of turkish basketball federation!!

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Wow, didn't know PG's wife is from Serbia. PG definitely seems like a smart guy. I can see him going into management or coaching.

bmelo likes this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Haha, then it makes even more sense!

14. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Luka-Hedo-Dirk and Manu as 6th man would be more convenient.

15. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Hedo, disgusting guy, very good basketball player, 6'10" backcourt player:

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Franchise player just keeps winning.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

18. AroundTheWorld