1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah that's pretty funny.

AroundTheWorld and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Every day your posts get worse. What in the circular logic hell? Do you enjoy arguing about unprovable and unsubstantiated theories this much?

Put your cards out on the table and define racism. Is racism now having any sort of negative thought towards a person that doesn't share the exact same ethic background as yourself?

Dobbizzle and topfive like this.
  3. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

There is a kind of racism but was normalised there because of "positive discrimination".

People talk about Silas's tenure and you hear lots of time that quote: " I don't want anyone to lose his/her job (agree, very human/civil), especially a black guy". What does 2nd part mean? What will happen if someone says: " I don't want anyone to lose his/her job, especially a white guy".

People to be employed in accordance with their talents, it is called meritocracy. Meritocracy does not work in the US always. We witnessed what happened in Ivy League Schools acceptances/registrations. Since the beginning of US history there was a kind of oligarchy and now every group wants to be part of and looking for positive discrimination. Whenever I hear "not diverse enough", I realise that someone whining.

30% of English premier league's players are black although the black population is less than 5 %. It is normal because lots of black players are much better than white counterparts. Black population in the US should be around 13% where 70% of basketball players are black. It is not overrepresentation, it is the result of better players within black boys. Hope we see more black players as long as they are talented.

Sengun and Tari Eason are very talented boys. I don't care their ethnicity but I will be very angry with anyone tries to block their improvement, whether he/she is white/black/red skin/brown/yellow/or whatver you describe

NewAge and hakeem94 like this.
  4. marky :)

marky :) Member

God damn. SOF pulling the race card out now?

topfive likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

6. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Clutchfans should win some type of award for single-handedly eradicating racism from existence.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nobel Peace Prize here we go!

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

9. WestendMassive

Hmmm interesting

cml750, cmoak1982, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

This post is the MAIN underlying issue with Sengun idiot fans. You're PROJECTING Sengun as this superstar and everything else is fantasy world takes. According to you, everybody on the team has low IQ, ball hogs, and flat out hates poor little Sengun. Sengun can absolutely do no wrong. Let's not mention the fact his defense is a huge liability or that he's almost unplayable late in games from bad decision making. Now it's Silas is racist? Anything to take any criticism away from Sengun lol

Dobbizzle, gfab-babyboi and topfive like this.
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What do you find interesting about that?

topfive likes this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I wonder how folks go about their day if they sincerely believe any slight unexplained negative reactions or attitude towards them is a racist. Not everybody has to praise sengun like the next coming of g2d regardless of how talented he is. Just accept that there will always be folks don't like sengun, there's always haters.

Sengun can't make everybody love him nor does he need to. Man game speaks for itself, and with his

Like folks been hating on Harden for years regardless of how talented he was, are they just being racist? No, they r just haters.

I just can't imagine how some poster live their lives.
    Oh man that dude cut me off in a Walmart waiting line for no reason, must b racist.

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Alperen Sengun is the Rodney Dangerfield of former Turkish League MVPs, and it's all because of Silas!

NewAge likes this.
  14. WestendMassive

Sengun above Mobley is interesting. Joel Embiid being a virtual non-factor in rim deterrence is interesting.

But the most interesting thing to me is who the **** is Nick Richards?

15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

The irony is the amount of anti-semitism that poster's aimed at me, and is now trying to play the race card...there's a reason they stay posting Hitler memes.

16. NewAge

NewAge Member

That the Jews are ranked higher than the Africans?

Hartenstein/Kessler over Embiid/BolBol?

Kyrie and Kanye should look into this so called "rankings"!

17. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Like I said, you'll just change the definition lol and if you can't tell the difference between Harden and Sengun there is simply no hope for you.

18. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

You don't actually watch games (or at least don't pay attention), if you think Sengun is "almost unplayable late in games" or that his defense is a "huge liability". He is not perfect, but you are talking in extremes.

berkowsk, cml750, Ankara1923 and 2 others like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and it is not for naught...
    hey member when those undrafted boys gave Embiied a thorough beating in playoffs last year?....
    shouldnt be hard because it s almost an annual occurrence...hes not nearly what hype makes him to be...
    btw people told me 3 pt shooting with 7 footers comes handy..."ITS GAME OVER!" LOL

but nah hes 1st round/ 2nd round fodder every damn year lolololol

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Specially when he ranks among the leagues best in crunch time offense and defense