1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Why would I defend a racist if there is even one especially if they were hating on sengun? If u encountered one just @ them and let the forum see.

2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Dude's full of ****, has to be trolling because nobody can honestly be that r****ded.

3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

And there we go, you can't find any racists so you try to paint the narrative on me? Just out of interest, am I racist towards blacks or whites? Just so I know which one of my parents to abuse at the next family dinner.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

Alperen IS the future.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you couldnt be more wrong...trying to make negligent, nepotistic, clueless people pass as geniuses...its like saying Hitler just wanted to make jews strong and my god look at how smart, accomplished, strong and influential they are now...

Ankara1923 likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol stop it he is not knowledgeable, he just regurgitates the fashionable takes of fashionable authors full of modern fallacies

8. maypk

maypk Member

Posts like this is what @CircaSurvive is talking about. Shouldn't be that difficult to understand tbh.

cml750, AroundTheWorld, CXbby and 2 others like this.
  9. maypk

maypk Member

There you go.

10. fattz

fattz Member

Against my better judgment I will respond. First Silas is no Hitler. As time passes, the more we find out about the dynamics of the way the team is run. It points to Stone being a puppeteer. I personally believe on most any other team Green & Porter would be buried deep in a rotation if he saw the court at all, like Bouknight. Remember the roster form year to year. Sengun’s play time increased because Stone stripped away the rotation worthy players away. Kelly Olynyk and Wood both better players AT THE TIME than Sengun. As a coach you play the best player. Silas does treat Sengun different than the others because Sengun is different than the others. Sengun is the real deal and everyone knows it. Silas CAN HOLD Sengun ACCOUNTABLE because Sengun can handle it. Three years from now Sengun is the last man standing. Please don’t compare the holocaust to basketball. One is a game the other is not.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Agreed 100 %. @hakeem94, I enjoy many of your posts actually, as over the top as they might be, but please leave the racism/Hitler etc. stuff out of it.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahaha its just a metaphor you sillies!
    nobody think silas should be put to nuremberg trial!
    why is your mind now suddenly so nonathletic and stiff?

also dont forget hitler had thousands of doctors working for him(!) committing atrocities, so yeah, 'they were just following his orders, it was just their job and they were in fact wonderful people and look how wonderfful jews are doing now because they were strengthened by it all ' argument doesn't hold the water...

so yeah try other excuse to make silas looking like genius hardworking samaritan, this one doesnt fly!

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Blatant racism no. Hidden tendencies to weaken Sengun's position hell yeah.

Elitism could stem from feeling superior and that could be cultural but I have to agree that it could be suppressed prejudice and it is a fine line.

Racism has basically similar manifestations so I could see why folks think that and it's really a fine line there.

There isn't a word for 'light racism', xenophobia is too strong.

I can't know for sure what Silas is thinking, heck, I don't even know what this organization is thinking.

A freaking mess of a season and no transparency.

Silas is just a buffoon and a 'nice guy', I don't buy any of his ridiculous excuses, he would never tell us what he thinks of Turkish people.

#815 daywalker02, Jan 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  16. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

And there you go lol still so emotional for no reason, almost like I struck a nerve and you are overcompensating.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

That's a fairer description on how anti sengun folks are behaving when it comes to Sengun

What we can all agree though is this org is seriously failing in properly utilizing Sengun.

I been harsh with @hakeem94 anti tank rants, but she was pretty spot on that if we valued/treated Sengun as well as green due to his draft status, Sengun could have won ROY.

cml750, AroundTheWorld and plegus like this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think Silas is feeling the heat now that everybody and his mom are talking about how good Sengun is. It just shows how ridiculous a job he has been doing prioritizing the guards over Sengun. There is no more excuse he can use. If this was an order from Stone, then Stone should feel the heat even more.

cml750 and daywalker02 like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

There is no way we can know what Silas's problem is with Sengun without gathering more evidence. And I don't think it will happen because he won't get another head coach job so we won't see how he treats other players.

I lived in the states for more than 10 years as a foreigner with an accent. I know being a foreigner with an accent causes me treated differently at times. You meet people who think they can treat you badly, or they are smarter, or they can play some power games on you because you are not as articulate as they are, or you are not overly-confident. You feel a mix of a subtle/mild discrimination that is not obvious enough to address but that is big enough to make you feel bad. There is also another group of people just acting weird without any direct negative meaning because they are out of their comfort zone.

My point is, when some posters here are talking about racism, they feel something is off and but they don't know what to call it. It is not easy to name it explicitly but it is obvious that something is off. And getting the discussion to whether it is racism or not is not productive. It is probably a mixture of elitism, discrimination against the otherwise athletic, coaches not used to working with players outside the normal range, and maybe something personal that we cannot know.

Overall, I think Silas is horrible with using centers. The theis&wood experiment, Fernando starting over Sengun, Garuba being discovered(now twice) by injuries, Sengun not getting minutes first year due to bogus excuses like foul trouble, Sengun not being utilized correctly are all big failures of their own and he has a collection of them. He must be feeling really bad because he is under pressure and Sengun is exposing his incapability in this area.