1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

What do you mean "you guys' world?" You do realise that we don't all live in a tiny community with shared cultures and values, right? Seems like you're the one doing the sweeping generalisations and stereotypes associated with racism and bigotry, not the rest of us.

2. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

"You guys" that are posting here, in this thread...You don't like to talk about it and would prefer to pretend it doesn't exist. Again, I get it.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No one said racism doesn't exist, it does.

It just that sengun only fans like to portray sengun poor treatment as racism when it's really not.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  4. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Never referenced "poor treatment", which I'm assuming you mean from Silas, who again I wasn't talking about.

maypk likes this.
  5. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I never said racism doesn't exist, again, more generalised nonsense from somebody talking crap. I said there is no racism going on towards Sengun on this forum, anywhere. You just REALLY want to push the narrative for some bizarre reason.

6. maj21

maj21 Member

Wtf? You said something that I agree with, wow..

7. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

You just joined this conversation so I obviously wasn't referring to you. Sorry you feel the need to defend yourself though. But if you use your brain for second, no one would be openly racist on a public forum in plain sight.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Folks hate on sengun not bc of his race but bc he lacks the characteristics they think is necessary to succeed in the league. Folks spent years watching tall athletic American center play bb hence y they dont believe sengun an international can succeed as an old school player that is skilled in the post.

Some folks hate the post game that sengun plays is that racist? Fk no they just think the post game is outdated.

Folks prefers 3s over the post game, it's preference. Like I said call out the next poster u think is being racist to sengun. I would love to see that

9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'm not "defending myself" at all, I'm just saying you're full of ****. So first people were being racist, but now they're not being openly racist? So you're just making stuff up from your own paranoia? Sounds...pretty pathetic in all actuality.

10. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Think we know where you stand on things by now buddy. no need to keep generalizing every single basketball fan in the world.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Again sorry you were feeling some type of way and needed to defend yourself out of nowhere lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You mean as opposed to making sweeping statements of racism based on zero evidence and just some random "hunch" or feeling you have? Cool story.

13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Again, sorry you have no reading comprehension. It's starting to make sense now why you're seeing phantom racists, you're not very literate so it's easy to get confused.

14. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

lol look at how emotionally charged you are, very suspect if you ask me.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. fattz

fattz Member

My thoughts. Silas is mandated to play Green, Porter, & Smith. He is trying to truly teach Sengun like most would develop any other player. Holds him accountable and pulls him out when things aren’t done correctly—> coaching. I believe Sengun will be better because of it.

plegus likes this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Let me know when u encounter a racist fan hating on sengun posting here

Dobbizzle likes this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Frank does good work!

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I remember you saying that you thought we should play through Sengun for now, but that you have doubts he could become a franchise player for us, if I remember correctly because of perceived defensive limitations.

The data seems to not support the concern that much.

I'm interested in your opinion because you are one of the most respected and knowledgable posters.

cml750, Deuce and hakeem94 like this.
  19. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

I'm good you'll just change the definition of it anyway.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member