1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. maypk

maypk Member

Don't worry, that statement is not correct in any aspect you can possibly imagine, not just politically.

2. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Then why doesn’t anyone in this thread know what you’re talking about? Clearly I don’t and you just responded to someone else saying he’s wrong too. You are pretty clearly being cryptic. Clear it up for us. Tell us what you mean.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I spent a week in Izmir with a small team in the late 90s. The mix of European and Turkish genes produced some of the most beautiful women in the world.

Side note: I checked out a "Locals/Turkish only (supposedly) bar" and had a fantastic time hanging out and drinking with your countrymen/women. Great folks and good memories.

4. invocux

invocux Member

Some of you didn't watch Landale and it shows. I like his character but that dude is a*s. Not taller than Alpi. His wingspan is 7'2 while Alpi's ws is 7'1. Can't protect the rim, can't shoot, his post up game is clearly worse. He's just a hustler. He is a fighter on the court which i respect him a lot for that even if he doesn't offer anything on the court he will not bend over and willingly take it like cwood did. Landale is worse than Theis.

5. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

During my NC times I realised that patriotism and generosity/hospitality are common traits of Turkish and American people, different than European folks

plegus and Shark44 like this.
  6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

So you mean to tell me Landale is not taller and what's happening in this video was a fairy tale or a figment of our imagination...

Verbal Christ likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just clean up this franchise and then name the franchise player.....

Where is the healthy soil to sow seeds into......then thresh chaff from wheat.

8. invocux

invocux Member

Video is unavailable but reports say that Sengun grew this sumer and now he's 6'11 barefoot which is Landale's height.

9. maj21

maj21 Member

Which is a flat out lie

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Landale sets awesome picks and his motor on the block is relentless and he does appear to be the bigger big in this video. I like it.

11. maj21

maj21 Member

I remember this game. Being a hustler is a skill! He was just too big for us to handle, but glad he’s on our team now!

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand the video title, shouldn't that be Sengun's defensive highlights against the Suns :cool:

Cstyle42, Verbal Christ and maj21 like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Absolutely. Self awareness is a gift so its good to see Landale not taking any time off on the court. I love a big who sprints down the court even when he wont be part of the play. Glue players are almost as vital as chemistry to an aspiring team.

maj21 likes this.
  14. maj21

maj21 Member

More like defensive lowlights

15. maj21

maj21 Member

Absolutely, I agree! We can’t have 5 guys out there that wanna score, you need that junkyard dog! Need more low maintenance players that don’t need the ball

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so you're saying Sengun is a high maintenance player :cool:

maj21 likes this.
  17. maj21

maj21 Member

The dude was whining last year about wanting to play “his game” which means having the ball every possession and spinning around like a ballerina. Not mention you gotta build defense to help him. Lol

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Stop lying. He didn’t whine about anything and took a lot of things in stride that the best players on a team shouldn’t have to.

You’re so full of ****

19. maj21

maj21 Member

He was whining about that! Early in the season he wasn’t happy bc they weren’t playing his game. I’m dead serious

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I know what quote you’re talking about. There was no whining at all.
    You’re full of ****