1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Cui bono?
    Who would benefit from that? SOFs BOFs GOFs etc etc? Nah. No poster in these forums would.
    Outside the Rockets? We're already the worst of the worst, right at the bottom for three years straight.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Thats the funny thing for those who can understand the situation and apply the proper lateral thinking latching on to one player was always dumb! The selective memory and application of context is pathetic. The contrived beefs that come from outsiders and player only fans who want to see things a certain way is even more cause to chuckle.

3 years in a row tanking sucked and it broke the morale and camaraderie of this place.

3. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

Took me a few months to understand that not everyone rooted for every Rockets player like I do lol. Not to say they'll all be superstars or whatever, but I couldn't imagine being giddy over a certain player not performing well and pitting Rockets players against each other when they're both on the team. It's so weird to me.

4. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Actually I like reading the posts of one-player fans (being one myself), because watching the games live, I miss a lot. Then I download the games to watch with a more analytical eye. Those posts, even biased, tell me what to watch out for in a certain player.

If we can follow those kids' lead and keep the quarrels to a minimum, these forums will be infinitely more tolerable.
    Next year will be better; when things go fine, everybody's a saint.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

eurobasket23 likes this.
  6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but all the guys on that list except for Shai were top 5 picks in the draft, so they don't count. Sengun #2!

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

One of the things I've been really enjoying is seeing Alpi and Jalen getting to the line. That's tough on young players who are still growing into their bodies (more of an issue for Jalen than Alpi, really). I forget the stat, but Jalen is up there with free throws earned on drives in the entire league I think. I love how they both aren't shying away from contact and getting others in foul trouble is a huge skill to have come playoff time when the game tightens up and you have to play through more contact.

RudyTBag, Dobbizzle, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  8. MystikArkitect

It's this new gen. They root for players not teams. Didn't know about this until recently but they'll just pick players and follow them around wherever they go.

9. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

I guess that is a little more convenient now than it would be back then. I liked players outside of the Rockets when I was a kid, but I couldn't just watch highlights about them and talk on fan pages about them or whatever, so I guess it makes sense in a way. Some of the people who do it here though have been on this site for like a decade so I'm thinking they're a little too old to be acting like that, but it is what it is.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep! Also Sengun is also the only not-franchise guy on the list, playing the least minutes per game and playing under the worst, coach, emptiest gym, and other worst conditions...

HardenReturns likes this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I think kpj meh playmaking skills made me buy into senhub a little too much. I think if we get a guard that has great playmaking capability, we wouldnt need to use sengun as hub.

The pg of course can utilize sengun when needed but not necessarily forcing it all the time/playing through sengun.

Sounds like blasphemy to the sengun only fans, but it doesn't seem that feasible and too predictable forcing the ball to sengun all the time. Of course if sengun starts developing range I could see senhub being utilized more.

AlperenSengun and Dobbizzle like this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Two weapons are always better than one weapon. Good offensive teams can create in a variety of ways, not just one dimensional.

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Sengun is definitely not ready right now to be the central focus of any playoff team IMO. Unfortunately, he is also our best option right now.

14. maj21

maj21 Member

Senhub is ass

15. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

he doesnt need to be pg, just give him the ball when he is close to rim... and when he has the ball, cut for a dunk or show yoursef at 3pt line
    sengun is not jokic sabonis
    he is 20+ 10+ 5+ type of center,
    if he use 10+ postups he can score 15-20 pts & have 4-5 assists; if he is close to rim it means 4-5 offensive rebs

but he just need to improve his defense

*stay in front of the opponent
    *stay vertical & move quickly
    *when you are in defense focus on only defense not to attack , forget offense

*be careful at silly fouls esp offensive ones (esp. screens)

cmoak1982 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the numbers and the eye test disagree with you

he is more ready than dammian lillard, anthony davis, lebron james, zion, brandon ingram and similar

its not his fault he is being held back and held hostage by the worst coach,the worst nba team and their cheating ways...

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Sengun taking on 5 opponents players at once and coming out victorious

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Forcing through Sengun all the time or even a lot in the sense rockets are doing now is not optimal for sure(even though sengun has a good production through it) and will be easy to limit come playoffs. Sengun's passing and one-on-one skills would be maximized if he touches the ball a lot in a moving offense, the opposite of what we have. Rather than thinking sengun as the main option to distribute the ball in Senhub, he would be very good at finding the holes created by the pg and the moving offense. But the key thing is to keep him in secondary or final action, the initial action should come from pg and/or team play.