1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun bodied Victor Wembanyama for an easy layup!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Dec 11, 2023.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good point. Ralph Sampson was 7’4” and listed at 228, looking it. May have weighed a little bit more by the time his too short career ended.

saleem likes this.
  3. invocux

invocux Member

Man i've boxing for almost a decade 200 ibs dude is not stronger than a 260 ibs dude. He might be stronger than you and me he even might be stronger than some other 200 ibs guy but 60 pounds weight difference hard to ignore. That's like 30 kg. 1) You weigh 30 kgs less than me 2) You aren't as muscly as me 3) Your legs look like uncooked noodles while mines (Senguns) are thick as sh.t.

You can play bully ball without fouling out this in nonsense. If it wasn't possible there wouldn't be a name for it. Just watch the highlights Sengun played bully ball. He got the ball on the perimeter attack to the rim but Chet met him just outside the restricted area. Sengun hit him with his shoulder and Chet literally jumped back a meter at least then Sengun scored. In another possession Jalen passed him the ball again Chet beat him to the spot but Sengun hit him with his right shoulder again and created a massive distance between them but his shot fell short because he wasn't inside the restricted area like in the earlier possession.

Sengun might be a finesse player but he is very strong he just doesn't use his strength consistently. Lets read some scouting reports of his. (These are from different reports)

1) His upper body is strong. His shoulders are wide and muscular. There is stiffness in his core and chest. You can see the clearest example of this with his aggressive and smart plays in the painted area against defensive line. 6-9 AS lower body is strong but heavy.
    2) Strengths: Physical center, with a lot of determination and a high basketball I.Q
    3) He’s got a wide base and natural strength (but also a lot of room for improvement with his strength and conditioning).
    4) Vecenie: Finishes well around the basket because of his touch, his ability to extend and his ability to clear out an angle with his strength from his lower half.

You don't have to be Giannis to play bully ball. Yours will not look as good as his but you will play a version of it.