1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I can imagine it...imagine he gets hurt at the start of the next season and loses the entire year...

when he comes back in his third year we already drafted a better player at his position and silas plays him even less minutes..say 5-8 minutes a game...

he cant shoot 3s at a decent rate... can find the rhythm on his postups due to low minutes he makes a few assists but has a high turnover rate and his skill is not highly sought after in this 3 pt era.... his defense is nothing to write home about...... he becomes disenchanted with nba and basketball and is not working on his game during summers...
    so in his 4th year he records a lot of dnps and averages 5 minutes a game

you can take over form this point i think it would be easier to imagine for you now scenarios where he is even out of the league like that postup guy from filly that was a top pick and had a hot start but is now not even in nba

aaquaa likes this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don’t believe that these things can stop greatness. See: Joel Embiid who had the worst injuries.

I can’t see every single thing going wrong for him and us at every juncture, the worst case scenario is never a reasonable one.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Neither Sabonis nor Jokic has scored 20+ ppg in their third year.

Those are fantasy numbers and injuries are part of business.

He will eventually deal with fouling out but it would remain a problem for the time being.

That said, he is a heck of a player.

#1643 daywalker02, Feb 23, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    aaquaa likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Said same about Mobley.

Not every skinny player is soft.

That said, every rook is an project to some degree.

Many rooks need to improve in at least one area - skills, IQ and yes, strength.

BigMaloe, YOLO and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It amazes me how many people think Chet is soft or fragile. Watch the kid play

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol for my scenario much is not required just an injury.... the biggest part he already has going for him to fail, hes coached by silas, given crumbles of minutes and punished for good play and not being played to his strengths...

all i supposed in my 'worst' scenario is for injury to happen...drafting younger better players at his position and getting even less minutes is 100% reasonable under silas and not assuming much...not being able to shoot is also realistic cause hes not a good shooter, that and high turnovers is realistic in scenario where he gets less minutes and has paused for a year...so he gets even less minutes and continues to struggle because cant find rhythm not being played to his strengths

embied didnt have to deal with silas...hed be out of league by now if he did....

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As long as he delivers results, he can be a project all he wants.

Dobbizzle, D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

oh greatness can be stopped it can be done! ....imagine silas forbiding curry to take more than 2 3s per game, forcing steph curry to take at least 5-8 postups per game to expand his game so he can play more like michael jordan

that would have ruined his greatness hed be average at best at it and probably got injured in the process and made to hate basketball...and the world would be poorer for one real steph curry...

never underestimate the power of inept coaching

aaquaa likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol shet reminds me a lot of zion... zion was also the goat before he hit nba...lololol

the empty hype is a real thing... just look at jalen green...hes a shadow of the player we were bombarded with by predraft hypmachine marketing...

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Chet has been that player on big stage and since high school.
    He offsets Alp weaknesses perfectly and Alp would benefit greatly with the two man combo.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have not seen anyone having the cojones to deal away a Top 3 pick.......or go for the underdog.

I would not mind it if a franchise is bad at drafting........

Looks like Jabari and Ivey are sure picks that are solid, have solid bodies?! Or AJ Griffin.

#1651 daywalker02, Feb 23, 2022
  12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I think you give Silas way more credit (therefore power) than he anyone I’ve ever seen.

Greatness can be slowed down but not stopped.

Have a little more faith in Sengun, I don’t think he will be easily outplayed by even the top 3 players next season.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol senguns problem are not the other players...they never were...he proved it on the court he can play with and vs anybody, win his matchups and raise his team! and he can beat anyone on on one...

His problems and obstacles are his clueless coaches...you cant beat other players if theyre not allowing you on the court dont you? or if youre told not to do postups or rim drives but shoot 3s in the crumbs of minutes youre given...

no player can overcome not being played or used to his
    strengths

deandre ayton is a fine player, but you use him to exclusively shoot 3s or god forbid brings the ball up and you gona ruin him and his team...no matter how many years you try to pull this idiocy or expand his game to make him a greater threat or a more versatile player...

that ****** could of been great at many things, but the police officer who put the knee on his neck or something prevented him from reaching his potential and actually doing these things...

he absolutely stopped him not just slowed him down...it has nothing to do with the dead man greatness or potential...
    so yeah the greatness absolutely can be stopped...never underestimate a fool in the position of power....

you didnt responded to my steph curry parable and its quite understandable why.... because its true because that is how theyre ruining and neutering sengun and you, it seems, cant handle the truth!

14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

The way y’all entitled jokers expect results right away, and you want to go the Chet route. And you trusted Silas with the responsibilities of his development?

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

The thing is, there’s no point. Someone as endlessly pessimistic as this will always find something wrong.

Think about what you’re proposing to debate: that there’s no way Sengun can overcome an incompetent coach under any circumstances when there have been numerous examples of some players developing well under incompetent nba coaches. It’s so insanely pessimistic, it’s in the far far far fringes of extreme pessimism. No coach controls that much, first year coaches win nba titles, Thibs has won an nba title.

You’ve made up your mind, but the rest of us haven’t so we logically will not find common ground. I’ll wait for the results, noted that you believe Silas is choking the development of potential stars.

16. TimDuncanDonaut

Chet plays hard on defense. His length can bother players. Decent shot blocker. Not a liability on offense. He doesn't need too many touches to impact the game, but can score when called upon. Likely won't take shot attempts away from Green and Sengun. This bodes well for everyone's growth.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You can't have a team full of projects, okay, it might work in Houston but not in the big markets, you would want to put ppl into those empty seats.

The Rockets lack structure and a firm grip on the overall situation of balancing it out.

I might be joking on many things but this is a pretty dire situation.

I hope we get a fantastic solic pick, that's all.

The fans deserve to watch good basketball and not a 40 pt loss to the Cavs earlier this season.

#1657 daywalker02, Feb 23, 2022
  18. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

I would love to see them play the twin-tower 2-big 5-man-out offense that Silas will invent.
    Seriously, I don't think Sengun will see the floor much if we draft Chet.
    Skinny's loving big skinny; he will cherish new skinny.

cmoak1982 and hakeem94 like this.
  19. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

:D:D This kid's killing me! :D:D

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahah yes!
    god i just hope silas has a covid incident or alpi better start throwing some soup in his general direction...

seriously how come the information who is alpis and silas agents aint publicly available?
    if i am alpi i am requesting the trade if the negotiations on my better role and higher usage dont give positive results...