1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Sengun's best asset is his mentality. Nothing phases the guy. The moment that opened my eyes was in the Lakers game where Lebron and AD tried their best to iso him on several possessions. Believe it or not, Silas gave him enough burn to hold his own and actually dish it right back at them... in LA. That was the moment I realized he was special.

BamBam, Richie_Rich, crose and 11 others like this.
  2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Against MIL he turned on another gear and just abused those vet centers. Tonight he matched the performance, that pass to Wood was sick. His confidence is growing by the game. No reason, he shouldn't play more with Wood and be averaging 24+ minutes now--he's ready Coach Silas--unleash Sengod!

3. DreamR

DreamR Member

This man is Houston's best kept secret.

Most NBA fans still don't know who he is.

Some of the popular NBA highlight YouTube channels, when they occasionally show videos of his spectacular plays, they don't get nearly as many views as videos of other players highlights do.

And even some of the people who view the videos comment asking who he is.

4. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Are we sure it's not KJ Martin?

5. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Sengun is a STAR! He need at least 25 minutes a game. I cannot wait to see the big battle next week:

SENGUN
    VS
    MOBLEY

[​IMG]

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That would be Tate

but sengun could be there next year . However I also think Tate is gonna keep getting better

jboslett, hakeem94, burlesk and 2 others like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i bet you any money mobley wins!

8. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

I love trying to explain Sengun to folks up here in the northeast region of our great country. Having the Jokic comparison at least gets people's attention. After they actually check out highlights or watch a game then it's fun to see them shaking their heads and trying to understand what they just saw lol

9. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

You can't argue with this.

Shark44, bmelo, Richie_Rich and 6 others like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because silas will stop sengun!
    [​IMG]

houston19519 and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its not that hard... you should try it sometimes...

btw i am annoyed with people presenting alpi like some circus performer when hes in fact a legit player 2 way force to contend

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Zilla still got it.

burlesk likes this.
  13. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Sengun acutally has better analytics than Mobley at the moment.

As they both develop there is a solid chance Sengun can become a better player over the years, as he's a better passer right now, better shooting percentages and draws a higher percentage of fouls/free throws so far.

The question is how good Mobley can be on defense vs Sengun, but Alperen might likely be the better offensive player down the road.

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Giannis shaking his head in disbelief that Sengun is that skilled at 19 years old.
    Compared to Giannis even now is not much skilled compared to Sengun.

DreamR and hakeem94 like this.
  15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Alperen Sengun is a cross between Larry Bird passing skills only and Kevin McHale Post Moves.

His high IQ is similar to those players. Alperen Sengun Youth Coaches and Turkish League Coaches are Top Notch, Teaching real fundamentals unlike American Coaches.

It's like the Coaches show Highlights of Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Hakeem Olajuwon, Arvydas Sabonis, Domantas Sabonis, Dirk Nowitzki, Pete Marovich, Nikola Jokic, Manu Ginobili, Drazen Petrovic, Toni Kukoc, to Younger Kids.

#115 rockets1995, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    bmelo, Crashlanded19, crose and 5 others like this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

Sengun is a home run, but he also fouls a ton and is sucking air with his current MPG. He plays super hard and it's exhausting him. Let's give this kid time to develop his game and his conditioning.

Williamson likes this.
  17. juanming

juanming Member

Warning: this is an excerpt from a illegally recorded phone convo via app callrecorder

Person #1: "Sengun is NOT our best player damn it, our best player is Daniel Theis"

Person #2: "Nah bro , put down the doobie, sengun is the player you will build around"

Person #1: "ok can I build the offense around our 2nd best player?, House?"

Person #2: "wow . Just wow. Um , ok go ahead" hangs up phone , calls person #3

Person #2: "hey I'm sorry man, I really owe u an apology on this one, I didn't know he was this dumb. He begged and begged to start either house or Theis and I decided to go ahead and tell him "ok" so that he does it and looks stupid so that we have a good excuse to hire the bald wizard"

Person #3: "ok hahaha that's funny, he's so stupid he doesn't even know we are setting him up for fail lol" calls person #4

Person #3: "it's done. Job is done. He's falling along with our plan ,hes so naive, you can start tomorrow"

Person #4: "well thank you for the opportunity and I accept it, but you're a JERK for not liking (person #1)"

Person 1 - silas
    Person 2- stone
    Person 3-Tilman
    Person 4- Jeff Van Gundy

Crashlanded19, DreamR and hakeem94 like this.
  18. juanming

juanming Member

Jvg that's what we need

#118 juanming, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  19. NewAge

NewAge Member

yeah, I saw that. Nate Zinc has him #1 among rookies (355 mins min)... Jalen Green dead last.
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nba-player-ratings/

20. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yep! BALLER!!!

RocketsFan247 likes this.