1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

can't help but feels he USES his fouls because he know he has spot minutes.

also half his fouls are bogus anyways. that charge called foul on Giannis comes to mind. if he doesn't get called for that one then he has 3 fouls on the evening. Fouls aren't that big of a deal for me if they are used correctly. if they are a problem you would see Sengun fouling out which he should be doing tbf if Silas isn't going to play him anyways.

burlesk, Roomba, Joe Rocket and 6 others like this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sengun was clearly gassed there at the end when he missed both free throws, but if he'd had his minutes gradually increased during the season to 20-25, that wouldn't have been an issue, in my opinion. I think some are missing something you said that I certainly noticed, to wit:

"Makes me wonder if the Rockets can trade both Wood and Theis by the deadline. Probably have to keep one the rest of the year. They need bigs until Sengun is ready to take over."

I have to own up to something. Sengun has me more excited as a pick in the past draft than I am about Green. Perhaps unfair to Jalen Green, who was pushed too hard with too many minutes early, who should have been brought along more slowly, in my opinion. Who has been out with injury just when he started to look like he was really "getting it."

Unfair or not, Sengun has "star and very likely an All Star" written all over him. The 19 year old Turk is a revelation, not just because of his play now and it's impact, but for what Alperen Sengun means for our future. If he learns to shoot from downtown at a good percentage, and not only cutting down on the fouls, but earning respect from the officials, we have the complete package.

He's already shown surprisingly good defense, a disruptive force at that end. Blocking out, deflections, blocking shots, steals. His instincts are remarkable. On offense, his impact is immediate. His passing is amazing, and he has a repertoire of low post moves and shots he keeps showing us. Sengun seems to sense the rhythm of the game revolving around him. He's constantly setting picks, constantly moving, looking for the open man, then immediately moving to where he can receive a pass himself.

Heck, maybe I'm so excited about him because we've had so many great centers over the years, and we seem to have gotten a 19 year old Turkish kid who I think will become our next one.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is soooooo subjective....
    lol i often get 'youre gassed' comments on playground from the soft crowd who are probably projecting until i outlast and outplay them all...something in my looks is fooling them clearly, perhaps because i often play with the younger crowd so they falsely imagine they should have a better conditioning then me

aaquaa likes this.
  4. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

He looked gassed to me too but the problem is that Silas is not trying to find a way to keep him more on the floor. People are just trying to find excuses to justify Silas and not trying to identify and solve the problems.

The truth is he is plain wrong on this. Just as he was wrong Wood-Theis line up and playing House. Silas made changes not because he chose to make them, but due to injuries, media/fan pressure. I don't see head coach potential in him, certainly not with a rebuilding team. He should have been fired, but this win streak bought him time till the end of the season. I am actually okay with that but he has to go at the end of the season.

The funny thing is that Sengun is playing almost perfectly. I can't imagine what would happen if he was making dumb plays more often.

GotGame15, D-rock, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Who is the second youngest?

9. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Could be the 20 5 5 club if he got the time

BHannes2BHonest and Joe Rocket like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not Sengun.

Roc Paint, burlesk and sirjesse like this.
  11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Playing great but not rewarded more playing time.

Silas is like stubborn donkey without any coaching skills.

GotGame15 and Joe Rocket like this.
  12. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

I might be time for Sengun to play point full time for 5-10 games as a test.

Could have a mini Jokic on our hands.

csnerd84, burlesk and D-rock like this.
  13. conquistador#11

That's only because Dream was too busy getting degrees @ Phi Slamma Jamma U.
    The behind the back pass from tonight would make white chocolate blush.

burlesk likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

15. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I think Senguin dribbling while facing the basket is a weakness, he is much better dribbling in the post where he can weaponize his pivot foot and shot fakes.

Tate on the other hand has the same strengths in the paint, but is comfortable on the perimeter as well. I would to see Tate get a few minutes at the point with shooters on the wings. The Rockets have just realized that when Senguin posts up to give him the ball, I think Tate can create similar havoc with a smaller guard on him.

aaquaa and D-rock like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tate falls in love with his drive game.

Doesn't drive and kick to the shooters as much as he should.

He, Augustin, EGo, Armoni hold on to the ball way too long when playing PG.

Bo6, aaquaa and Shark44 like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This is what I was saying last nite. They exaggerate what you are saying because its the only way to defend Silas.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. D-rock

D-rock Member