1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Crazy that some of our players can wave him off when he posts up. Silas must go.

aaquaa, Ankara1923, clos4life and 4 others like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sengun still the best player on the Rockets.

aaquaa and Salvy like this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm saying.... If they gave the ball up to Sengun on the post he would quickly start drawing double teams freeing up our "shooters"... Green and Gordon would feast on open shots...

aaquaa, Ankara1923, burlesk and 3 others like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Hopefully CWood gets traded and Sengun takes his spot on the rotation.

aaquaa, burlesk, clos4life and 6 others like this.
  5. kiwirocketsfan

Alpi is way better than WB I'd imagine. I was just curious what the actual stat measured and why WB is top despite people's eye tests.

6. kiwirocketsfan

Sengun doesn't have the legs/stamina for that load I would think.

burlesk likes this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its going to be really interesting to see what Sengun's numbers look like as a starter and 30+ min...

burlesk and Dobbizzle like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

not watching him lately but imho westbrook could actually still be good finishing at the rim, imho his problem was always needlessly chucking 3pter and midrangeres ...when he was playing vs rockets this year i remember he killed us with his relentless attacks of the rim in at least one game

aaquaa likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would take a guess that 32 mpg he probably averages around 13-15 ppg.

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

If they actually fed him down low I could see him getting 17-19 ppg next year....

aaquaa, burlesk and roslolian like this.
  11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If Sengun plays defense and contests rebounds the same way Wood does, I think he'll conserve enough energy for 30 minute play time.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Sengun played 28 mins a night in turkey. I mean yeah obv NBA is a higher level than turkish league but point is Sengun can build the stamina necessary to play 25-30 mpg that CWood brings on a nightly basis.

Sengun's main issue has more to do with fouls rate and rotation squeeze.

I honestly think Rox did both their top rookies dirty. Both Sengun and Green got into horrible places, with Sengun having little mins and Green with 0 spacing and creation.

aaquaa, AroundTheWorld and Dobbizzle like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

WB's main issue is he is all body no brain. If he had average bball Iq he would easily be a multi time champ and on par with Harden and KD as one of the best players ever.

aaquaa, AroundTheWorld and hakeem94 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it gotta be at least something like 20/8/6
    his per 36 numbers are worse than this but with better flow and rhythm i expect him his numbers to go up...

i mean when you play 12 minutes its like you didnt even played basketball... 12 minutes is nothing.....especially when you play in 4 minutes spurts.....also, entering at the end of quarters, its another a thief of concentration...

just as he enters the game its a timeout... then its a pause between the quarters... then its a foul, then another one, then its a commercial break...few trips up and down the courts then its a break in order for new reserves to enter etc...then hes being pulled out

BTW what sane FA would come here or what rookie would want to work out for rockets predraft, after stone and silas denied alpi of ROY out of pure incompetence?... he could have nailed it by now if they just played him normal minutes...
    i thought the new management wanted to do right by the players?
    [​IMG]

aaquaa and Salvy like this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's not really the mpg, it's the fact there's 3x as many games to deal with in the NBA

"(The Rockets) played nine games in 15 days, we used to play nine games in nine weeks in Turkey, we did it in two weeks here," Şengün said. "It's hard to get used to it right away."​

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If he dies he dies.

17. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

I like Turkish Delight! Hadn't heard that one. My wife, who is the smart one, says it's a candy that the Chronicles of Narnia brought to wider public attention. Perfect.

Ankara1923 and Dobbizzle like this.
  18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Your wife knows her stuff. That's where I heard of Turkish delight first as a child, it's now by far one of my favourite candies to eat.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dont think most rookies give a crap they just wanna get selected high and play in the NBA.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Nailed it. Turkish league is like 60 games plus playoffs compared to 82 plus here. Back to backs in particular kill Sengun. Once he can develop and condition his legs he will be fine. Yao had the same problem initially.