1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I can only speak for myself but I still defend Harden. People hate how he left. You're literally responding to a guy who was banned from the board for racial slurs against Asians.

cmoak1982, AroundTheWorld and maj21 like this.
  2. maj21

maj21 Member

**** harden lol. I don’t like how he did us. I’m not aware of all of that stuff in the past. I used to lurk here and there, but didn’t pay close attention. Racial slurs are never okay, regardless of the race

King1 likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Anyone post this? If so, I missed it. While this 10 minute video won’t surprise those of us who watch the games, it’s loaded with information about Sengun and how he’s improved his game compared to his rookie season. I’ll add, and not because of this particular analysis, but more as viewing it as an example of what I’m beginning to see online, that the Turk is getting noticed across the league. I love seeing that happen.

Decided to add these stats. Sengun has been sizzling since the beginning of the year. Since January 1st:

PPG: 18.1
    FG%: 61%
    RPG: 9.2.
    3P%: 75%
    APG: 5.6.
    3PA: 0.4 - (yes, few attempts, but the kid is hitting them!)

He’s uncorked 10/5/5 per game 6 times.
    Double-doubles 4 times.
    1 triple double - youngest center to nail one in NBA history.
    All since the beginning of the year. Crazy!

#8263 Deckard, Jan 24, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  4. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

I don’t know your definition of “playing better,” but I’m happy to deny it. They are 1-6 and their net rating is worse.

KPJ is not a good fit with Sengun and he’s not a good PG at the moment. He is also not the only, or even main, problem with this team. That is the coach.

But the agendas are so strong people cannot get past “so and so had a career night”. Roosh is so in his feelings on this he blocked me for saying he was ignoring the data.

Its a sad time to be a rockets fan, when people are so obsessed with “their” player they use every opportunity to attach another one.

harold bingo, maj21 and NewAge like this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

he douched out when he left but the first few years he was cool in my book

6. King1

I don't like how he did us either but I blame it on ownership. I don't trust Fertita at all. Harden gave us a chance to get a ring and Paul got hurt. 100% agree. That **** is never cool.

maj21 likes this.
  7. King1

He was a draft steal and he contributed but he always came off as an ******* to me. I honestly didn't care he went and got paid but his true colors showed.

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I'm not obsessed with a single player. My stance have been quite consistent kpj is not a pg bc he lacks the playmaking/passing ability/court vision of a pg. The stupid kpj pg experiment hinders the development of our other youngsters. It's not a narrative that our youngsters are getting career nights without kpj manning the offense, it happened. Sengun, Smith and Green all had career nights.

We are playing at a faster pace and the ball movement is a lot more fluid. Everybody has their own criteria of being better, but if u seriously cant see any difference between a sengun offense vs a kpj offense then there's really not much to discuss.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Yes they have career nights - but also some low nights, and the reality is someone has to score with everyone else out. But, the offense is absolutely better.

But I don’t think it is KPJ’s fault. I believe he could be a solid off-ball player who can catch-and-shoot and initiate secondary action when needed. But that is a completely redefined role that would also require a step change in his defensive intensity (I think the talent is there for that).

But none of that is possible without a coaching change. There is no chance Silas has the strength to make that happen. Perhaps no one could, but I would like to see someone try.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kpj has the scoring talent but folks question if he can temper his ego from playing second fiddle to sengun

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And?
    Every player that shows flashes has multiple threads about them. Part of the reason the white guy threads are so long is because there’s a large group of posters that don’t want to see a white guy succeed on this team. It’s weird

hakeem94 and Ankara1923 like this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

it's not a race thing. It's more like a lot of casuals are too stuck on the mindset that centers have to b tall, and athletic to succeed. Oh and not too tall b/c thats injury prone.

Sengun is not a center that has the traits of the modern center, but instead of looking at the potential of him being able to overcome it and b great we have folks wanting a cookie/cutter center.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. maj21

maj21 Member

Well said. Roosh is a coward tbh. That hates on KPJ 24/7, then blocks people who push back. He’s blocked a lot of people, it’s crazy. No respect for that clown

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its not weird its only logical, racism is inherent in human beings they cant help themselves

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

18. maj21

maj21 Member

Idk why it double posted smh[/QUOTE]

19. maj21

maj21 Member

We’re always gonna disagree like how I do with @AroundTheWorld and y’all can both kiss my ass. That being said, things should never take that turn. Can’t stand racism, regardless of the race. Heard a story the other day about a woman getting stabbed bc she’s Asian, like wtf is wrong with people? Ima still talk my ****, but you won’t see any racial slurs from me.

cmoak1982, King1 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. King1

And that's cool. If we all agreed that wouldn't be much fun. It definitely shouldn't but our society is all kinds of ****ed up. Everyone is going to talk **** but taking it to that level just makes the person a complete scumbag. That's why I told you about Hardentv. That guy is a waste of oxygen

AroundTheWorld, maj21 and cmoak1982 like this.