1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

That’s fair. It’s probably overblown, but he’s gotta figure something out. That’s the only thing that could hold him back in the future.

AroundTheWorld, cml750 and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. RocketsDraftTV

they did the same to harden making him a villan early in his rockets career, even going back to brooks and Lowry who many on this site favored dragic. This site just has an infatuation with white players sadly

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No doubt. He’s gotta improve. The whole team needs to improve.

AroundTheWorld and maj21 like this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Bullshit.
    This site has a problem with white players, some of y’all can’t stand it. It’s weird

hakeem94, Ankara1923 and cml750 like this.
  5. RocketsDraftTV

this Sengun thread is just as long as the scola thread when he played here. And how can we forget the dmo xfactor thread that was also very long and never locked. On the other hand harden got trade threads whenever we lost and he had a bad game. Remember many on this site were saying brooks and Lowry were jealous of dragic and then the Landry/scola wars. I remember it all, don’t make me bump those threads

peleincubus and maj21 like this.
  6. cml750

cml750 Member

Why bring race into this?

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Because he's a selfish me first quitter. He is a bum. Everyone but you guys see it. Nobody likes people like that. The guy left at halftime. Do you like Scottie Pippen too?

Also, I have spent tons of time defending Green and Jabari. I just can't stand KPJ and want him gone

8. King1

Exactly. Race has absolutely nothing to do with any of this (at least I hope)

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Theres literally pages and pages of folks defending green and jabari in their own respective threads. most folks dont want to defend kpj bc hes the main reason for us sucking with that iso offense that silas built around him.

10. maj21

maj21 Member

Alright man lol

11. maj21

maj21 Member

He’s not the main reason. This team is still bad without him. Poorly coached, poor shooting, no rim protection, no perimeter D, no pg. you gotta stop blaming KPJ for everything

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It does. It's funny if you had read this message board for a few decades. There have been many of them over the year from Dan Langhi onwards. Certain posters (many who don't post anymore) will favor non black players. Not necessarily in a malicious way though. Parsons was a god for 2-3 seasons.

RocketsDraftTV likes this.
  13. maj21

maj21 Member

Damn, that’s crazy. I’ve suspected that, but really hope people wouldn’t be acting that way in 2023

14. maj21

maj21 Member

It all makes sense now smh. Parsons was my boy, though haha

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

People hate on KPJ because he quit on the team and left the damn arena during a game last year.

That along with the ISO heavy, boneheaded turnovers and freezing out Green during his rookie season had led to the ire.

Sengun like Boban seem to be fan favorites not just for their play but also their sometimes silly albeit endearing demeanor.

King1, Easy, Tuckmose and 2 others like this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He was amazing at the salary he played at on the Rockets. Those put backs were the s*it!

AroundTheWorld and maj21 like this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Poorly coached = silas is the one that wanted KPJ as the center of the offense
    Poor shooting = KPJ is the man distributing the ball poorly -> leads to poor shooting
    No rim Protection = Sengun is learning to get better at it
    No perimeter D = KPJ is part of the issue
    No pg = KPJ is the one learning how to become one.

When a man declares himself the leader and head honcho of the squad, yet we still have a poster saying he's not the main reason.

Last i checked the captain/leader/head honcho of the group is the man truly responsible for his group being sht.

Without kpj, the team is looking a lot better. We are still missing a pg and a coach, but u can't deny everybody is playing better, what a weird coincidence.

18. maj21

maj21 Member

If Sengun is learning to get better, why can’t KPJ? EG doesn’t try, Jabari can’t shoot right now, Garuba can’t catch, tari smokes bunnies at the rim, Sengun can’t guard the PnR, Mathews throws up bs, JC sucks, Bruno sucks, nix sucks, TyTy doesn’t do ****, JG is inconsistent and can’t guard ****. These are all other factors, so be fair. Sengun and JG are turnover machines just like KPJ. There’s many reasons, but you’re set on blaming the guy you hate

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

This is sengun first year as a starter. While kpj already got his first year. Man is still trying to figure it out and he's in his fourth year already.

None of the folks u listed are claiming to b the leader or head honcho. The leader is the main dude responsible for his team success/failures.

I blaming rightfully so that kpj as the star on the offense is the main reason why we suck and in dead last 3 years in a roll.

20. King1

I remember DD used to defend all the white players but he's equally in for KPJ so can't really accuse him of anything except being wrong all the time. I always disliked Parsons personally

AroundTheWorld likes this.