1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I mean, he was the number 1 draft pick once upon a time. Plenty of past their prime dudes have shown they still have skills in the celebrity all-star game over the years, even when their athleticism is shot (Scottie Pippen showed up and looked better than he did on the Rockets haha.) Hopefully he learns how to hit them at a good rate, if Lucas only ever taught him that it'd be a big development in his game and dramatically raise his floor.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. NewAge

NewAge Member

Hahaha, Vintage Verbal! Feverish hallucinations of White Supremacist chants in support of … a Muslim Turkish immigrant?? Deranged…

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

:confused:

#723 daywalker02, Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  4. NewAge

NewAge Member

Not sure if you’re sincere or just trolling him, but I don’t think that’s the case. I don’t think that’s projection.
    Verbal is just extremely indoctrinated, constantly hallucinates some ideological villains on CF

cmoak1982 likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I sincerely think that he was projecting his reason for liking or disliking players on others.

Hopefully that's not the case, but it certainly seemed like a "mask off" type moment.

I admit that it certainly could be that he's just an idiot who feels the need to demonize anyone who disagrees with him.....but it came off significantly worse than that....and that kind of mentality is unfortunately much more common these days than in the past.

6. TimDuncanDonaut

Sauce again?

[​IMG]

slothy420 and Richie_Rich like this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Thats funny coming from a quasi bully “man’s man” who feels insecure and needs to project and compare his ideals to those of a 19 yr old kid. Hilarious. So easy to make you “patriots” squirm.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

What do you mean by you "patriots"? Because if it is what I think it is you are wrong..... I love Sengun and he is indeed the best player on The Rockets and its not even close...

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We need a real starting PG. Sign him up!

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn’t bother with that guy. He is as racist as it gets, but gets mad when you call him out on it

slothy420, Bobbythegreat and Salvy like this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Thanks for the heads up, some people man.... They use anything to bring racism into things that have nothing to do with it...

slothy420 and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Im starting to think we have zero plays with Sengun in the high post. You can't free style that type of offense, and it's not effective at the moment.

If they really want to run that they need to go watch some Adelman clips and drill it in practice before bringing it out on the court

13. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I would fire Silas immediately if I stumble upon that video. You can see that team has a coach immediately.

Salvy likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You people are crazy

Sengun has only taken 15 attempts all season (36 games)
    from 10 ft to 19 ft.

It's needed to run that Princeton offense.....which is an outdated system.

#734 ApacheWarrior, Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you could run that offense with Chuck Hayes, you could kill with Sengun. That's how good the Kings offense looked with Chris Webber.

CXbby, NewAge and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nah, he's really not. He's my favourite Rocket, I love his game and his attitude, but claiming he's the best player on the team is ridiculous. He's a raw rookie with great potential, Eric Gordon is a seasoned pro with a proven track record who plays better night in and night out than the inconsistency we see from Sengun. Wood, for all of his faults and bad attitude is still a better player also. You don't need to straight up lie to prop up a player, he's good enough without the need to totally bullshit tbh.

cmlmel77, NewAge, crenshaw and 2 others like this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

How in the world is a guy who gets about 15 minutes a game the "best player" -- seriously you guys go overboard. As much as I hate it Christian Wood is BY FAR the best player on the team and if he wasnt then it still wouldnt swing entirely on Alpi. He needs to get in better condition to handle the schedule of the NBA which I believe he's even said himself and then stay on the court without committing fouls. Your best ability is availability.

As to your first part when guys go around broadcasting their belief system it isnt very difficult to use deductive reasoning to understand who you are dealing with. If my double entendre offends you then you might be part of the problem.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if we auction off all our players I think Sengun with get the most and highest bids

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Totally disagree, Gordon has been a good role player for all of his career and nothing more. Will never be something more, he is a vet than would be serviceable to a team with playoff and contention aspirations. There is no ceiling, he does not make anyone better. He hits threes and drives inside making tough layups. That's it. He does not make anyone better, he does not care to make anyone better. He is not a leader, he is not a teacher. He checks in every night and scores points, he hardly even a Rocket..... One foot in and one foot out before he is shipped off to his next team.

Wood, Wood is not a better player than Sengun.... Wood has more experience, the game has slowed down for him. Even then he is awful, I don't care how talented he is offensively. He does not pass, he is a black hole. He is at best the third option on a good team. Wood brings nothing to the table of a rebuilding team.

Where Gordon and Wood fail is where Sengun shines, at only 19... I have never seen a 19 yr old with the maturity and grace as of which Sengun plays with. He is actually playing basketball, not just scoring. He is looking for his teammates who by the way ignore him, he is doing all the small things necessary to win. He tries on defense, he looks for rebounds. He has incredible fluid movement on the post.

Sengun is the only player this year I have felt could start drawing a double team, if Silus actually ran some plays for him. Sengun could be creating so many problems for other teams and create so many open looks for our mediocre and poor 3pt shooters.

Sengun has franchise player potential, he is not just a scorer. Not just a defender. Not just a good passer. No just mature with great foot movement. Not just 19 with tons of potential. He is all of that. Something not a single Rocket other than him posses. Multiple elite skills.

20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Put down the crackpipe, you're living in a fantasy. Sengun literally had 3 turnovers in back to back possessions last night, he is not remotely close to being as good as you think he is yet.