1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Lol what? Ignoring all the waffle, any player who gives up because he isn't being treated as a superstar in his sophomore season and has to play within a rebuilding team dynamic is not a good player. Drop the weird ass narratives already, you SOF really are the absolute pits.

DreamR, Verbal Christ and Mathloom like this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yea my dude, we should definitely run Green at PG and Jabari and SG.

LOL

You guys are setting yourselves up for HUGE disappointment. No wonder, everyone is butt hurt after every single game.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cleveland has Evan Mobley on the wing... In a tanking season, go for it Silas. Anything but KPJ dribbling with EG at a forward spot, please. Jabari will have zero issues defending SGs... I'd love to see him used in some guard like spots so that we can further develop him in that way. Milwaukee threw Giannis at PG and he was TRASH at the position for months, but it helped him develop into what he is now.

As far as "HUGE disappointment", it seems that you are unable to comprehend what is being said here by many of us. You have also failed to address many of the points being made, so it feels like you are just trolling. I am thrilled at Alperen's play this year. I am not thrilled at how disorganized we look on offense. I am not for running out Kelvin Cato so that KPJ and JG can dribble, dribble, dribble. I do not think that that is the way to develop young guards with the personnel that we have.

Are you not butthurt at how disorganized we look on offense? Just kicking back with DD, a bag of Cheetos, on a bean bag naked, while KPJ dribbles? I feel yuh ninja...

4. maj21

maj21 Member

Obviously we see that you’ve been around a long time, but that doesn’t mean you’ve become obsessed with one player. Stop the bs, he’s not a star!! He literally got locked up in the post by Klay Thompson a couple of times lol. He’s a good offensive post player, that’s it’s!

Ren ason likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS...give alpi the ball and full time lead guard job..hes definitely has making of a true PG par excellence!... yes hes gona struggle sometimes but thats expected....people talk as if kpj, and everybody else because of his ineptitude aint struggling,...
    even curry harden and other greats struggle from time to time and when in new situations...

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and we gonna keep coming for silas to lose his job!
    [​IMG]

clos4life likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

FIFY

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

SOFs = Mean Girls if you dont agree with them 100% :D:D:D:D:D:D

[​IMG]

maj21, Ren ason and hakeem94 like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

may i add cp3 to this list... he led his team to finals in his what 38th year and had 2-0 lead...he has beaten lebron playing on one hand and not even shooting....great player is a great player no matter if you tie or cut his hands( i mean this literally @J.R. because how many coaches have impacted winning not even being on the court? iq rules and it can be developed and built and upgraded and substituted for any percieved physical 'inadequacy' player may have)......

its not a rocket science people make it to be...the rage against alpi has nothing to do with logic...it gotta be emotional/personal or something...

clutchdabear and J.R. like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

SOFs
    sILAS ONLY fANS

clos4life likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

BOOKMERKED FOR LATER USE

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The funny thing is, Kevon Looney was absolutely helpless against Alpi. Either he fouled him or he got scored on. Some idiot of a poster was in this thread or another one, claiming that Alpi couldn't do anything against Looney. These clips prove otherwise.

18. PeppermintCandy

Here are some highlights of Sengun vs. GW.
    It looked to me like Looney did good being physical and getting defensive position against Sengun especially at the start, though Sengun did get a few good moves in as the game wore on. But he made a few careless turnovers, as well.
    Green and Wiggins also were pretty locked in on stopping Sengun's post moves.

Anyways, another game to build on for the young big fella.

Rinaldi, AroundTheWorld and O-dawg like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ITAMAR IS A SOF!

Ankara1923 likes this.
  20. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is not a dig at you or Sengun, but the exaggerations when it comes to him need to stop. I stopped counting after the first three defensive stops by Looney. Hell one of them was even a nice block. When you exaggerate like this it makes it impossible to have a honest discussion about him or the team.

Thank you for the clip @PeppermintCandy. It is clear evidence that Looney played very smart and disciplined defense against Alpi. Didn't bite on many of the pump fakes, stayed grounded, and played solid position defense.

There is nothing wrong with saying Alpi had a bad night and just leave it at that. Looney played him well, but he still found others ways to contribute with some sweet assists.