1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

You can throw Giddey in there too.. I agree with you, it’s hard to say good things about Sengun when these idiots say absurd things. Aroundtheworld is just an idiot, I’m glad he has me on ignore

2. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The reason he gets so many fouls is that he tries to defend really hard and more often than not, he is completely left alone by everyone else, the only guy trying to defend. He tries to contest every shot. But when the guards don't try to defend, you are pretty much screwed as the C, unless you are Rudy Gobert or something.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

HAHAHAH TOUCHEE!

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

did you comprehend my point? or its just youre not that motivated to get it? hahahahah!
    you really need to be drawn pictures like a little kid to understand such an easy and simple concept?

MOTIVATION IS A BIG PART OF THE GAME
    like there were countless busts in the nba who could have become lebron james IF ONLY they were really motivated....80% of the game is mental my son...

i could also say alpi is not motivated to play his real game either because he was punished by silas for playing good defense and offense...he was punished repeatedly for even trying on defense and being the best player... hes now just doing whats easy to him and looking forward to his contract extension and is having fun...no real effort in the sense of putting your mind into it 100%...

you really think if playing for dear life gordon would have beaten alpi 1 on 1?
    bwhwhahahahahahh!

ps we saw gordons game when he was at the PEAK OF HIS MOTIVATION...in Western conference finals, game 7, and he went 2-13 for 3 or something
    so yeah, hows that worked for him?
    TAKE THAT FOR DATA

aaquaa likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ah the mythical slow footed whirling monstar!

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

the only guy trying to defend + guards don't try to defend
    Quite an unfair depiction to the rest of the players. Pretty sure green is busting his a$$ to becoming a better defender and it shows. Team in general needs to work more on help defense, they are trying just not good at it. Sengun gets abused on pnr, and he can't defend lobs well, excellent at boxing out though.

He tries to contest every shot
    I don't think that's completely accurate. i have seen countless of time where he doesn't contest the players he's defending from shooting 3s or mid range. Some of these dudes get the widest open shot, i think he doesn't want to get pumped fake on or some sht. I think he should at least put a hand up or something. He does contest the other shots to the basket, i note that.

The reason he gets so many fouls is that he tries to defend really hard
    I think you could have just say this and a lot of folks would agree with you. I like that mentality, as long as you don't foul out, who cares how many fouls u have as long as u can help the team.

O-dawg likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

oh turns out you can play him 30 minutes even if he fouls out?!
    how so?

persian hoopa and Ankara1923 like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep history is repeating itself. One of the primary reasons I felt the need to defend Francis was because we had an influx of fans to the site who were obviously only a fan of Yao and felt the need to hype him with ridiculousness while simultaneously devaluing other players. Exactly what you did with your opinion.

I post when I'm excited about the Rockets and even though this young team is losing I like how the core is being built. I can see many of these Rockets being good\great NBA players if they fulfill their potential. I can enjoy ALL of them and give honest criticism without denigrating other players or proclaiming they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Everyone has opinions, it's just that some are based on reality and others are not.

Verbal Christ and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Why is it such a crazy take when Sengun blows them away in all advanced metrics. Imagine if his coach actually trusted him and let him play or ran offense through him.

Did you look at the list? Cade is 135 and Sengun is 60. It's not even close.

I'm not saying when their careers are done Sengun will be the best player in the draft. But currently he is by a mile. But since he's been playing professional ball for 3 years before you would expect him to be most ready.

hakeem94 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is not true. You denigrate Alpi all the time. Just like you did with Yao.

And you wrongly think that your opinion is "based on reality" whereas others' aren't. Here's some news for you: Your opinion isn't worth more than that of others. You are free to have your opinion, but it is not supported by stats or facts.

And if history repeating itself is an indicator: Yao was a much better player than Francis. Francis was a better version of KPJ. I enjoyed watching him play, but his brand of basketball was not a winning one. If not for injuries, we would have had a much better chance at a championship with Yao.

With a poster like you, it is very obvious that there are certain xenophobic undertones in your posting style. First against Yao, now against Alpi. You get annoyed at the "influx of fans".

Guess what, many of us have been here as Rockets fans as long as you (since before Alpi was even born) and we still think Alpi is the best player on the team (together with Jalen, in my case).

hakeem94 and Ankara1923 like this.
  16. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

No one helps and then he seems foul-prone and not rim-protector.
    At the beginning of the game he tried twice to help, defend the guards but no one switched,Zubac had 2 easy baskets. He did stick to Zubac later on, instead of helping, Zubac was stopped but Clippers guards was on fire, because no one was defending properly.

Zubac was under control, not too much fouls but the game was not joyful because:
    -Bricks
    -TOVs
    -No defense
    -Lack of assists, again.

Second half Alpi fouls were mainly because of frustration, anger, disappointmnets.He mainly fouled after some silly misses.

Alpi+Jabari+Tari should play more focusing for a better defense partner and to be familiar with switching each other.Gordon's good defensive player days gone,KPJ does nothing on defense. As JGreen improving defensively JGreen+Alpi+Jabari+Tari core should be trained/to be fielded more and more. Bruno,Garuba,KJM,Tate will become the supporting group to the quartet.

hakeem94 and persian hoopa like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gobert is not looking that good.

18. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you. That last part is a little off base though. Alp is an important piece to this team. Either 1 or 2 depending on development of him and Green.