1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Pal, our starting team, not counting Gordon, averages 20 years old.
    Inconsistency will be a factor in this team for quite some time.

Mathloom and Zen Tabak like this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Can't have the world seeing the 16th pick is that much better than the #2 pick.

Need to save a little face.

#4442 Downtown Sniper, Nov 9, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    iambeyonce and LeDakota like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Wut?

Dear Lord Sengun only fans are getting out of hand.

4. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

dude stop hating on Sengun just because of Sengun only fans. Respect a little...it's obvious who is the one drawing attention from opposing teams. You try too hard not to give credit to Sengun's game.

5. Downtown Sniper

Lol.

The whole not being heavier than Jokic is kind of null and void when we've seen multiple, multiple examples of a 19/20 year old Sengun backing down and bodying bigger and heftier players.

slothy420, hakeem94 and LeDakota like this.
  6. fchowd0311

I will never put down Sengun. I will only put down posters who put down other players to prop up Sengun.

7. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Excuse me but Sengun isn't inconsistent so far. Not fair to say he is like others.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Literally every relevant stat doesn't care about your preconceived notions of Sengun's deficiencies.

Ok, I had to edit my post because I initially stopped reading halfway through your first paragraph. Now I read the rest of it though, boy it was a doozy.

The fact you mention Tucker (offensively challenged) Draymond (offensively challenged) and Hayes (offensively challenged) in the same breath and likening to Sengun (offensive.. I don't know the word. But it's the opposite to challenged) is absolutely hilarious.

Tell us you don't have a leg to stand on, without telling us you don't have a leg to stand on.

What exactly does Sengun being physically elite have to do with being a good NBA player? Was Nash physically elite? I guess he wasn't good then. Was Bird physically elite? I guess he wasn't good then?

Goodness gracious me. How can one post have so much... utter garbage?

We get it, you don't like Sengun, at least be somewhat coherent with your reasoning why.

#4448 Downtown Sniper, Nov 9, 2022
    cryout75, hakeem94 and LeDakota like this.
  9. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

what's your purpose? you gotta admit if someone is better than others. That doesn't mean others won't get better. Currently, Sengun plays like a franchise player.

10. fchowd0311

You people are getting absurd at this point.

11. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Yes people like you are extremely stubborn not to accept what's in front of you. I dont get it when it's very obvious.

#4451 LeDakota, Nov 9, 2022
  12. Brad Newley the Goat

Pretty obvious that Sengun is our best player at the moment but I do think that JG can become better if he can become something more than just a scorer

hakeem94 and LeDakota like this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I didn't see anybody draw triple teams on this team. Kinda obvious who is the best player on the team

14. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

Here his Highlights against the Raptors

15. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

not sure if anyone else had the raptors broadcast on like i did, but their announcers couldn't stop talking/gushing about alperen sengun. they were pretty smitten with jalen green as well at times. but for the majority of this season so far, the opposing team announcers are almost always talking positively about alpi moreso than any other houston rocket.

16. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

everyone outside Rockets community knows who is the best so far. It’s not even a controversy.

17. Downtown Sniper

It's a common occurrence, it actually was last year too in his limited minutes when opposing broadcasters were allowed to see him play.

Real recognise real. It's why they cannot stop talking about him.

AroundTheWorld, LeDakota and hakeem94 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

anyone can become better than sengun on this team...just has to put some work in and show some discipline and restraint in their play...its not like hes an 8 footer, taller, quicker and stronger than anyone

LeDakota likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

imho it seemed to me the poster wasn't putting down other players but management...

1 from the very beginning of last year they were holding back sengun just to avoid the contrast of him looking like a franchise and green looking more like a bust being so stark...

2 sengun could of won ROY last year easily or at worst be in top 3 convo and get so much more publicity and reps....and this is huge for ones career even for the team, cause hed be able to attract other elite players

3 its inconsistent with managements talk that they want to do right by the players... they robbed sengun blind of ROY...and did Justice to david nwaba and danuel house...

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

BEAUTIFUL...not unlike sengun your powers of observation are simple yet stunning in comparison to average posters!
    @Ankara1923

our speigelmeister or whatever, has many other talents as well...

Ankara1923 likes this.