1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Oh no my heart is broken! How will I ever recover a guy named RudyTBag ignored me.

maj21 likes this.
  2. MystikArkitect

It's actually a good video. Those guys are alright and put out better content than other more.....plugged in....podcasters.

We got KPJ Onlyfans vs Sengun Onlyfans wars now? We were so damn spoiled by Les lol. Biggest thing we've had to worry about was maybe those 41-41 years where we at least got to see my boy Scola's sweet sweet pivot and middie game.

noppeper likes this.
  3. maj21

maj21 Member

Pulling him was definitely understandable for what they were trying to do. I do think he should’ve be subbed in for the offensive possessions. This has happened to Jokic at times. Just part of having a 5 that’s not very good on defense

4. mirdirir

mirdirir Member

This actually speaks volumes.

I don't believe Silas has anything against Alpi. He just doesn't have any sort of authority on the team and needs to satisfy the troublemakers and veterans with high gravity in order to survive. He knows if he quarrels with EG (veteran guy respected by many), KPJ (could cause drama any moment) or Jalen and Bari (high picks with gravity) he wont be able to hold it together and lose very little respect that team have for him. It would get out of hand real quick and get him fired.

So he takes it out of the quiet ones like Alpi, KMJ and Tari who would prioritise team first and can't affect his low discipline and respect due to their low gravity or low risk of trouble. I believe he also knows that this is not the type of offense that should be played but he is already given in to players. KPJ thinks he is Kobe Bryant because he is untouchable as Kobe. The difference is Kobe earned his stripes, not took his dominance from a spineless weak coach.

5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This is backwards thinking. KPJ might be our best player right now. But we have 3 guys with way more potential and higher ceilings. He is stunting their growth with his dribbling and selfish play. If KPJ is still our best player in 3 years we have failed with our picks. And we will never win.

If we are gonna lose anyways why not lose with our draft picks. Not like KPJ ball is helping us win..,

aaquaa likes this.
  6. maj21

maj21 Member

He’s definitely not selfish. He’s doing what is asked of him. Why aren’t y’all calling Jalen out? Dude is all kinds of selfish! Doesn’t matter if he’s not a PG or not, you still need to hit guys when they’re open

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

8. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

exactly and that’s the biggest problem. there is no discipline within this team at all. As long as head coach doesn’t exert some sort of authority, the team gonna be like headless chicken. Too much freedom hurts team play.

9. maj21

maj21 Member

That’s one play. Like chill out with that. I don’t see y’all call Jalen or EG selfish. Need to keep the same energy for every player

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's not just "one play". He ignores Sengun 90 % of the time.

11. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

probably not even watching games lol.

aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  12. maj21

maj21 Member

I watch every single game. I even go to some, something y’all don’t do since don’t live anywhere near Houston

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen takes a lot of shots but doesn't dominate possessions. Every once in a while he might dribble too much but most of the time he makes quick decisions and it seems like it's more of a team offense. He's been terrible though but the Rockets should be making it a priority for him considering how high of a pick we wasted on him.

just answer the question. If in 3 years KPJ is still our best player do we even have a chance at winning it all?

I honestly watch the game and think KPJ doesn't want to be outshined by anyone. Like when Sengun passes him the ball and he's open he doesn't take shots. For some reason he decides to dribble or pass to someone not open. It's really weird. He did it like 3 times last night..

But ultimately I have nothing really against KPJ. I think it's more coaching. Even if he was dribbling they could install any type of motion offense off ball. But instead everyone just stands around and it amplifies to everyone hating KPJ. Jalen should be running off screens non stop like Curry. Feel Silas walks on eggshells around KPJ so he doesn't throw a fit like last year. Doesn't ask him to do anything else

14. maj21

maj21 Member

Sure lol. You made some good points

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is CAP, as they improve so will KPJ.

We have no clue which of the 4 is the HIM of the group.

DD

Rinaldi likes this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

All I know is kpj as the primary option of the team aint it and we are losing bc of it.

Letting sengun control the offense might yield a better result. It ain't a guarantee but it common sense that the superior play maker/p@sser should control it not isohero ball kpj.

aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. maj21

maj21 Member

And we’ll also get torched in the paint on the other end. Sengun is a drop 18 & 10, give up 25 & 15 guy

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Why do you only single out Alp? The entire team is terrible on that side.
    There isn’t a defensive player in the league that is saving this defense. Gobert could come in and make no difference

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Defense is a team effort. U could put Bruno there and we still get out scored due to kpj playmaking abilities and tunnel vision.

Without sengun, the offense is just kpj pretending he's harden.
    Until kpj can prove to folks that he is a 30+ scorer, the kpj offense ain't winning us games. Harden as godlike as he was at playmaking had to score 30-40 ppg just to make the harden isoball work.

Kpj actually doesn't have to score that much if he could get his teammates ez looks at the bucket but that's asking too much for a player that lacks court vision.

aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. maj21

maj21 Member

Oh trust me, I know. Our defense is all around awful. We need better interior and perimeter defense. Most of all, better team defense

cmoak1982 likes this.