1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

What are you taking about? That’s a damn good stat line for 28mins for any player.

AroundTheWorld, aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol only scrubs need the stats to see whether the sengun is great or not...hes a generational talent...the fact that rockets are screwing his development BIG TIME just goes to show you how much tanking is wrong and unnecessary ... you dont need to be genius or even smart to have a good franchise just dont do PLAIN DUMB **** like this.....when luck has gave you a diamond like this just treat him right and show some respect....for gods sake this is not 19th century when europeans were thought of as of lesser players...

aaquaa likes this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think my favorite part of this season has been the appearance of a handful of “Sengun only fans” to the bbs.

Time will tell if the Sen-Goonies become as crazy as the Lin fan club.

At least it appears Sengun deserves the hype lol

4. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Definitely, 3pt shot should be the priority for him to improve. It will carry his game totally to a new level, if his 3pt is an actual threat. I am guessing that we will have to wait for the summer to see some improvement on that.

slothy420 and dragonwill like this.
  5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How are they not amazing? Those numbers per 36 are 24/14/6. Those are all star numbers from a 19 year old just 20 games into his career. Many said he wouldn't be able to sustain his production if his minutes went up due to conditioning or fouling or whatever, and now that we see his minutes go up, his production actually increases. What would you consider amazing?

6. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Sincere apologies for that. I know it is annoying on many fronts, especially if 'X only fans' try to argue for X, regardless of what is happening on the court. At least, as you mentioned, he deserves it and it is the anti-Sengun-only-fans camp that has to come up ridiculous arguments. it is fun to counter those arguments.

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honeslty, Sengun fans have been some of the best "player only" fans this board has had to deal with. Lin fans and Green fans make Sengun fans look like Rockets fans by comarison.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

They’re all better than those annoying ass Josh Christopher fans @Williamson

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The day there is more than one of them is the day I get concerned.

Also, despite giving Josh Christopher a ton of flack early on, I do appreciate how hard he plays. He's got a long way to go before being a starter caliber player, but the defensive potential is there and I could see him as a spark off the bench role pretty soon.

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Theoretically, both Sengun and Woods should compliment each other, our real issue is guard playmaking, consistent shooting, and turnovers.

j@amc and hakeem94 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

actually I dont like him working on 3 pt shot...i think it takes away his focus from his real strengths and whats his game

AlperenSengun likes this.
  12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Sen-Goonies." I love it!
    [​IMG]
    We need Sengun photoshopped as Sloth. Sen-Goonies never say die!

13. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Yeah, Rockets' priority should be to play to his strengths, get him the ball top of the key with cutters, play pnr, get him more post-ups.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol i am 100% sure alpi would have given you those numbers in his first few games already if silas just played him 30+ minutes...he would have produced them in preseason ffs! hes good!

DD probably just being overly cautions not to jinx him

aaquaa likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Where is Hartenstein at?

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep!
    btw they still cant sag off of him at 3pt line because if you give him space and a headstart, his handels are good, hes in the post already driving by you or spinning in his post moves or can use floater and we saw flashes of a nice floater

3pt shot i see is taking him out of his flow and his zone where the player is feeling great and as a result good play is produced(or not)

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Bruh, if a non-lotto pick / #16 overall pick averages 19/11/5 in 28 minutes for the season or even career, that's probably one of the best #16 overall picks ever.

gtfo here with "that statline is bad for 28 minutes."

aaquaa, xaos and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Dedmon catching strays out here lmao.

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

that stamina doubled in just what, a week or so? .. how s that even humanly possible?

aaquaa and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member