1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is better to be blinded by the fandom of our own guys than to be the dude throwing all our 19-year-olds in the Twitterverse trade machine while pining for Mo Bamba.

Drift Monkey, Rashmon, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

KPJ is a plus defender.

maj21 likes this.
  3. maj21

maj21 Member

I’m the biggest KPJ fan. He’s only a plus when he wants to be. Needs to work on being consistent there

Drift Monkey, D-rock and aaquaa like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

thats your fault... you have no imagination and suffering from mindstiffitis.... you cant imagine how shitty larry bird would have looked playing 6 minutes a night and being forced to play the role hes not made for...

Drift Monkey and aaquaa like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you obviously suffer from authority/star syndrom and name worshipping

Drift Monkey and aaquaa like this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Larry bird played against a bunch of fireman and plumbers. Soo....

aaquaa likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. Of course. All your views are from your imagination. We ordinary people are unworthy of your supreme mental power.

8. maj21

maj21 Member

Gonna say the same above Dream then? The greatest rocket ever.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's Magic Johnson in his day shift right there!

[​IMG]

The dude also modeled his passing game after Sengun.

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Saw this on Reddit. Laughed my ass off.

NSFW- Language.

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I mean you can't argue with the fact that players now are just better than in Hakeem's ERA. There is a reason world records keep getting broken. And people learn from the old guys. More skill, more athleticism better players. Modern medicine and science advancements will continue.

Even if I tell you the top 20 players back then were just as good as the top 20 now. The next 20-100 isn't even close.

aaquaa likes this.
  12. clos4life

clos4life Member

I don't know, I think athletes are getting close to the point of diminishing returns making gains negligible.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/3620721/2022/09/23/stephen-silas-rockets-interview/

What about Sengun (the 20-year-old Turkish big man who was drafted 16th overall by Oklahoma City in 2021, then traded to the Rockets for two future first-round picks)? It feels like the Christian Wood trade will open up minutes there, and Sengun is a guy who occasionally made his way onto the national highlight reel last year and went viral pretty often. How do you feel about him?

Yeah, he’s good. He makes things happen when he has the ball in his hands, whether he’s in the low post, scoring or making passes in the high post, at the elbow, making plays for his teammates. He does a good job of helping his teammates play well. But part of that growth and part of that struggle at the beginning of the season is that nobody knew how to play with him, and he didn’t know how to play with our guys. So as the season went along, it became more natural for guys to know when those passes are coming, and for him to know that this is where you’re gonna most likely get the ball and this is where you can be effective. So that was a work in progress as the season went along. And yeah, it was hard for him because he was coming off the bench, and he was playing 10 minutes a half and making some really good spectacular plays along the way. But it was important for him to get experience playing with the other guys, because he does such a good job of helping other guys play well. So I’m definitely looking forward to him doing more of that this season. The thing for him is going to be on the defensive end. And quite frankly, that’s going to be the thing for our whole group is taking a step on the defensive end, because it’s natural for all our guys to run and look to score and play pick-and-roll and get the ball in the paint and all that. But it’s not so natural for young guys to really bear down into their roles on the defensive end and then execute those with effort and intensity.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Very disingenuous of Silas to push this narrative.

It was more like the COACHES did not know how to use Sengun.

Many players pushed for Sengun to play more. And the guy who did so publically and most vociferously was moved in offseason.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He’ll probably never have quite Jokic level of ball handling which is fine. What is less fine is the 3 % - he has to get that up to take the ultimate next step.

cmlmel77, D-rock, Easy and 1 other person like this.
  16. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've been saying from the beginning that a lot of my hopes for Sengun depend on his literal physical growth, very happy to hear that he's been measured at 6'11. Are these team measurements known to be accurate? If this is true I think it's huge. He was previously measured at 6'9 last year.

Drift Monkey and D-rock like this.
  17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

There’s no way Sengun is 6’11” lmao

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Jabari and Alp look to be exact same height, whether that’s 6’10 or 6’11 who knows

19. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why? Based on what?

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I have a medical condition that allows me to know a person’s exact height if I see them on TV