1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Are you referencing the Black Sea (located north of Turkey) when you say EAST coast?

I thought Turkey's coasts are more North and South.

Not trying be rude, genuinely interested.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  2. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Turkey mainly located in Anatolian peninsula and as you said there is no east coast in Turkey.

Alpi's province is in North-East Coast, opposite side of Crimea in Black Sea.

People from Alpi's province are the crowdest Turkish group in the US and generally live in the east coast states of the US.

When I was in the states I thought Rochester City, NY was their capital.

Alpi's province is very picturesque, lovely area but little bit rural. Think about Wyoming with a sea and a lot of hazelnut trees (a lot-more than you can imagine).

And also rains, rains, rains. Average rainfall is 1305 mm/year (London is 614 mm/year)

I guess that much geography is enough today :)

#2862 Ankara1923, Aug 22, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I always thought of Webber as PF.

5. Ghost5Horse6

Ghost5Horse6 Member

Could have easily broken Webber's record had Seugun played 30 mins a game. Webber played 32.1 mins per in his rookie season.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

oh i have found another paint clogging stud that needs to become a better long range shooter if he wishes to stay on the floor
    JIMMY BUTLER

does sengun doubters think jimmy butler have no place in rotation on the rockets? lololololol
    what a scrubs...

conquistador#11 and Ankara1923 like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

besides being the best sengun is the most fun player to watch!

aaquaa, AlperenSengun, RHU525 and 2 others like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

rockets management are clueless how to make a superstar... theyd rather overpay to get/lure one from other teams

Ankara1923 likes this.
  9. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

If he was used more as a passing hub in the post, I think he could have broken it in about 23-25 minutes per game. I am not sure just giving extra minutes would help though. He played more later in the season but his assist numbers did not really go up.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All those players are hurting their teams with their poor 3 point shooting, Butler in particular which directly cost them from being in the finals. ]

I really dislike the "How dare you criticize my favorite player on the team" mentality that people have on here. I like Senguin. I think he has a lot of potential and obviously should be a part of the rotation. But he's not Jimmy Butler and its ridiculous to compare him to him. All I am saying is that to get to the level of 33 minutes a game he needs to have that 3 point shot to help space the floor better when the ball isn't in his hands and to make up for some of his defensive issues guarding perimeter players.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Positionless basketball. ;)

D-rock and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Alpi will improve his 3-point and FT shooting.

Believe It!, D-rock and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  13. conquistador#11

And that's with the entire roster bricking some of his more extravagant passes.

Ankara1923 and D-rock like this.
  14. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

3 pt for sure. Even if he shoots the same, and do not shoot heaves like other nba players do, he would go up a few points.

Free throws, not very likely. He will play more, will be more tired. Something that will pull his ft shooting down. And god I hate talking to the ball ritual. All these rituals show me that his mind is not fully empty and concentrated. Just concentrate and shoot, and don't let it get to you if you miss it. You look silly after you miss a couple free throws in a row, doing the ritual repeatedly.

I don't expect to get over 75% and I would be content if he just keeps the same % going to the line more.

15. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Now that we are talking about assists, Sengun also led the rookies in screen assists by 2.3 assists per game, despite playing 13 minutes less than the second placed Mobley. It is of course a little bit because of the game plan that he can make these assists, but when you watch the games, you can see he is really smart about them, and his positioning is very good. And another very positive things he gets both regular assists and screen assists.

Eventually, his offensive talents will determine his value. He is very versatile in offense, good vision, good passing, good post-ups. Needs a shot definitely, 3 pt or close to the basket.

hakeem94 and harold bingo like this.
  16. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

KATAPLIKI PASA!
    [​IMG]

Ankara1923 likes this.
  19. hakeemthagreat

Rockets management already have Jalen Green. We have no other superstars on the team

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member