1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

Something else we need is a dynamic scorer off the bench. We gotta find out if JC can be that guy. But yeah, we’re a ways away from this roster being complete

saleem, snowconeman22 and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I think JC is a perfect candidate for it, just has to clean up his jumper

saleem, Denovo and maj21 like this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok you basketball mastermind, I'm sure when you are coaching the Lakers you can implement that system. But the idea that you should put the ball in Sengun's hands every trip down the floor is ridiculous. Even Jokic can hit a 3 point shot.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

By being on a losing team. If Rockets want to lose, play Alpy 35 mins a game and have him clog the paint for everyone else.

Let's hope he learns to hit a trey.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He doesn't have athleticism: False.

aaquaa, Ankara1923, clos4life and 3 others like this.
  6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Indiana was 45-28 in 19-20 with Domantas playing 35 minutes as their best player…

If not being able to hit a 3 is the be all end all, I guess Gobert, Bam, or Ayton can only play on losing teams too… except, not

#2846 CXbby, Aug 21, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  7. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Fortunately Stone&Ownership value KPJ and Alpi higher than the folks here. Otherwise they would not rid 2Ws (Wall&Wood) off.

Alpi has a week to counter Jokic (WC Qualification game) and I'm very excited about this game.

aaquaa, cmlmel77, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  8. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Huh? You are not even close he is nothing but a back up Center at best build around our guards geez

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

also yanis antetokoumpo a honorable mention of a paint clogging nba champion, finals MVP, and 2 times RS MVP

3 point shooting is just a fad that is hurting more people then they realize

Ankara1923 likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nope

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Rochut

Rochut Member

KPJ makes sense as our dynamic scorer off the bench.

This solves some things for our starting lineup as well.

KPJ for 6th man of the year!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. anchel

anchel Member

Actually, he played better than Sengun and probably was the MVP of that game.

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

While I agree that Stone values KPJ and Alpi (though definitely not as much as their fans), let's be honest here... we were getting rid of Wall and Wood regardless. We didn't bring in those 2 to be part of a rebuild, we had brought them on to try to help Harden and convince him to stay. The moment he dipped, their fates as former Rockets were sealed.

glimmertwins likes this.
  14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Don't disagree but the question is whether he was a physical player which he is, but not large enough to beat Sengun on physicality but rather with length and athleticism.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm both a KPJ and Sengun fan but I'll fully admit that I would listen to generous offers for either player. I think both can be really good players but there is significant risk to reaching their ceiling with both players. I think it's only wise to listen to offers if it helps mitigate risk. It doesn't say you WANT to trade either player, but that if someone over values them relative to your own study, there is potentially value that can be extracted from that assessment provided you are comfortable with your own internal talent evaluations.

Personally I think too many GMs hold on to players for too long either because they don't want the risk the bad optics of a player blowing up elsewhere OR they don't want to risk the bad optics of moving on from a player you drafted/traded for. I think you have to make the best assessment you can with the most information you have and generally speaking pre draft or pre trade assessments are made at a time when you are LEAST informed on a player so any current decisions that aren't based on what we know today about that player is a failure to the organization. If you are going to fail(or more accurately learn from your failures), then fail as fast as you can and make a culture of that rather than stubbornly sticking to things you see aren't working.

16. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

There is no chance Rockets can keep 4 core players (JGREEN-JABARI-ALPI-KPJ) in Houston in the long term. Total payroll for the quartet will be 150+M in 5 years time. Some of them should be traded and you don't need anyone to overvalue them, talent is there.

Rockets might allocate Eric's salary to KPJ but it will give you few years. If Rockets sign any star free agent or two, at least 2 of the quartet have to leave.

As it is difficult to part away top picks psychologically, KPJ and Alpi are the prime suspects. But it does not mean it will be bad for them, on the contrary might be very good for them, especially for Alpi. Can you imagine Alpi played under a decent coach in a team like Cavaliers last year? Or anywhere in the east coast, full of 28s of Turkey live there and he will be darling of the society immediately (Nets, Kings, Celtics areas are full of Giresun people/28s).

We have approximately 4 years to watch this wonderful - talented core before seeing someone is going. Happy to know that wherever they go they will still be supreme players.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

18. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Turkey governed by similar to France, every province has a number. Alpi's province (Giresun) number is 28,that is the reason for his Jersey number.

Coincidentally, province 28 sent more immigrants to the US than any other area in Turkey. They are mainly in the east coast.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thank you for the explanation.

Do people from Giresun love freedom a lot? :cool:

Ankara1923 likes this.
  20. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

People think they are harmless, hard-working but also little bit stubborn (typical Northeastern people).

I don't know what is the connection between their movement and their characteristics but I don't think it's freedom. If that they would move to the UK or Switzerland.