1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Almost ready for NBA greatness

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carlit0, Apr 24, 2002.

1. carlit0

carlit0 Member

The Weigh-In: Almost ready for NBA greatness

April 24, 2002

The NBA playoffs are under way for 16 teams, but that means 13 others are sitting at home watching the action. The Celtics, Pistons and Nets returned to the postseason after finishing a combined 58 games below .500 last season, and Seattle also is back out West. Those success stories should provide plenty of hope for the teams that fell just short of the playoffs this season.

Which of these teams will improve enough to make the playoffs in the 2002-03 season?

Bucks
    Clippers
    Hawks
    Heat
    Knicks
    Rockets
    Suns
    Wizards

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/articles/20020424/398864.html

It's nice that Stevie gets some more exposure with the article picture.

But they fail to mention, how can these teams can fit in the playoff picture? Which teams are going to fall out of the playoffs next year to make some room, especially in the west.

#1 carlit0, Apr 24, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2002
  2. jahiro

jahiro Member

whichever team odom goes to will be in playoffs if he is getting 38 minutes a game starting

if hes a rocket,i will place my bets at las vegas on the rockets in finals but losing to a magic team of duncan/mcgrady/hill

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Cool, the printed my email today. I'm on a role this week:

Dear Voice of the Fan,

I might be a little biased, but the Rockets have the best chance next year in my opinion. They won 45 games last year and were set back this year by injuries. Francis and Mobley improve every year, Eddie Griffin will be better, Maurice Taylor will be back and we will have two first-round picks that could materialize into impact players or a good veteran. The best-case scenario would include Glen Rice being healthy and able to hit 3s with his eyes closed.

Oscar Ortiz
    Houston, Texas

you can see it here

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Someone said the Bulls will be in the postseason next year in one email. :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

What, is Krause going to spring for tickets to playoff games for his players?

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

man...i actually agree with you that Odom would be a good fit on this Rockets team, but your constant insistence of bringing him up in every post is a little annoying. You do realize Odom wa actually on the a team the past few years, tow of which he played a lot and got good minutes, and they never made the playoffs.