1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Allen Iverson with fractured finger

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by doublebogey, Mar 10, 2008.

1. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Poor AI, let's hope he hangs on and makes the playoffs.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I swear this guy would find a way to play through a broken leg, ruptured spine, partial paralysis or even an amputation. Regardless of your opinion of the guy you have to give it up for his dedication and toughness.

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

AI is one of the most underrated players of all time. If he were white, we'd be hearing about what a warrior he was and people would be giving him props as the toughest player of all time. Instead, he's black and has a lot of tattoos and corn rows, so he's a thug.

4. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

LOL! AI is as tough as you can get. But your exaggerations give me a good laugh. :D

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

He's not Miami Heat.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

WTF are you talking about? He already gets credit for all the things you mentioned.

And if you have crap load of tats and corn rows and struggle in grammar you are going to labeled a thug regardless of skin color.

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Yikes. The Nuggets look like they're threatening for a playoff spot again, and this happens. I agree that if anyone will play through injuries AI is one of, if not, the toughest. But the NBA life isn't fair...we've got one of our own superstars down, can't say I feel really sorry for anyone else.

8. Curly

Curly Member

No SirCharlesFan, I don't know what you mean... :rolleyes:

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Amen .

10. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Ditto. Additionally, if he were more successful in the playoffs, he might enjoy a little more credit.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Toughness, yes. Dedication? The guy threw a hissy fit because they made him go to practice.

WE TALKIN' BOUT PRACTICE?

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

It isn't because of his appearance, it's because of his infamous practice speech and his getting in trouble off the court when he was younger. I think people still call him a warrior (he's def the toughest guy in the NBA IMO), just not as many b/c people always remember his practice comments and don't think he gives his all (though he does)

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

His stats for 2nite.

43 minutes

28 points, 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block.

Amazing

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Whats so amazing about that? Thats pretty normal for AI.

Now if you meant amazing while playing with a bloody broker finger then I digress.

15. tracymcgrady001

He's tough, I expect him to continue to play.

16. jogo

jogo Member

What about the year 2000 when he singlehandedly led a sh**y Philadelphia team to the Finals?!!

Put Duncan or Shaq or Kobe on a team full of crappy players and they wouldn't sniff the finals.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Leading the team with a fractured finger is what i meant.... He continues to perform when most players would sit.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Iverson has the 3rd highest scoring career average EVER.

Iverson 5 years ago wasnt underrated. The current Iverson you can say is. Look at Philly since he's been out (though Philly's a low "playoff" team this year). The other underrated aspect is for as much as he's been banged up his career, and he's 32 now with a lot of mileage, he's still putting up the same numbers.

19. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

Which conference was he playing in? and his team was a great defensive team, they weren't scrubs at all.

Dikembe Mutombo- 3time All-Star/4-time NBA Defensive Player(was DPOY that year)
    Theo Ratliff- 2time All-NBA defensive Team
    Tyrone Hill- 1time All-Star solid PF
    Toni Kukoc- great role player/ former 6th man of the year
    Eric Snow- All-NBA defender
    Aaron McKie- 6th Man of the year that Season
    Raja Bell

It's always an eastern conference player carrying a "weak team", well do you think he'd make it pass the first round if his team was in the western conference? Put Kobe/Shaq/Duncan in there and I'd bet they would do better.

20. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

You know what's amazing about that? There are Nugs fans still blaming him for the loss tonight. Some Nuggets fans are idiots.

OK, gotta ask you guys because you're kind of impartial. Did any of you watch the game? If so, did the officiating in the third quarter seem a little biased to you? First, let me say that I'm not blaming the officials for the loss. The Nugs earned that loss through their own stupidity. But it was a little frustrating.