1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Allen Houston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Gascon, Jul 8, 2001.

1. Gascon

Gascon Member

I'm just wondering since noone seems to have mentioned it here.

Allen Houston signed an extension with the Knicks.......100 million over seven years........does anyone else find this kind of rediculous? Doesn't it seem as if the Knicks have lost their mind? What are they thinking?

Sorry, he's just not worth that kind of green.

Thoughts?

------------------
    Gascon

2. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Yes, I agree with you Gascon. I posted this in a similar thread in the Rockets forum:

Wow 16.5 million a year for Allan Houston! He is nowhere near worth that kind of money. That's the kind of money you use on franchise players like Garnett, Duncan, O'neal and McGrady for example. Houston is NOT a franchise player. He's not the type of player you spend almost 1/3 of your salary cap on and build your team around. He is a good 6-9 million a year player maybe, but not a Garnett money type of player.

------------------
    http://www.cld9.com/chris/nbau.html

3. Band Geek Mobster

It has been mentioned here...

------------------
    This post contains no smilies, you must judge my seriousness on your own...

Have no fear kiddies, the name's changed, but the Mobster is still the same...

4. Gascon

Gascon Member

Thanks for the link, newbie. [​IMG]

If it's not on the first page here, I don't see it.

------------------
    Gascon