1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-Time NBA Semi's Matchup 2!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by 123Rockets, Jun 7, 2012.

1. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

BigMaloe vs Kwame

Team BigMaloe
    PG - Oscar Robertson(30.8p, 12.5r, 11.4a)
    SG - Kobe Bryant(35.4p, 5.3r, 4.5a, 1.8s, .4b)
    SF - Paul Pierce(25.9p, 7.3r, 4.4a, 1.8s, .8b)
    PF - Bob Pettit(27.9p, 20.3r, 3.4a)
    C - Yao Ming(22p, 10.8r, 2.3a, .5s, 2b)
    Bench
    PF - Jerry Lucas(21.5p, 21.1r, 2.7a)
    SF/SG - Paul Arizin(25.4p, 11.3r, 2.6a)
    PG/SG - Goran Dragic - Hells yeah and what!

Team Kwame

PG: Magic Johnson/Fat Lever
    SG: Clyde Drexler/Adrian Dantley
    SF: Grant Hill/Adrian Dantley
    PF: Nate Thurmond/Walt Bellamy
    C: Dwight Howard/Walt Bellamy

Thanks.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

For the record Pettit is my backup center... he slides over when yao is on bench and lucas takes the starting pf spot...

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Interesting matchup.

Here's the key. Magic Johnson has 3 bigs that can't shoot free throws worth a hoot. Down the stretch he's got to go to Drexler, Dantley, and Hill because the second the ball goes into one of the bigs the defense can attack and take a ton of risk no holds barrred because of the inefficiency of those bigs from the free throw line.

As much as I think of Magic, that team is not efficient enough.

Big Maloe, you've done a fantastic job putting together a basketball machine, my friend. That team has everything, great efficient offense (yeah, Kobe would become very efficient with these guys around him), very good defenders, outstanding clutch performers, everybody shoots freebies great. This is a champion team of champions in my opinion. Congrats!

1 person likes this.
  4. BigMaloe

Sweeet..!!!

Appreciate the compliment...

Does this.mesn i got your vote?

5. jopatmc

I gotta spell it out for you? Yo, are you John Kuester?

6. BigMaloe

Lol no not at all... jus beimg official, besides ive been drinkin tonight...

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Backcourt vs Backcourt
    A flip of the coin here. Magic was awesome, a prime Big O, awesome. Clyde was brilliant and y'all know what Kobe is capable of. Butas much as I love Magic and hate on Kobe, Big O and Kobe get my vote.
    BigMaole

Frontcourt vs Frontcout
    Yao routinely killed Dwight. Pettit and Thurmond cancel out each other...good Guy Hill vs the Truth? Pierce .
    BigMaloe
    Best team defence
    I give the points here to Kwame. Better all round defence. With Nate & Dwight swatting shots back in the paint & Hill and Drexler swiping the ball on the wings, makes this team formidable on D.
    Kwame just.
    Best team offence
    No contest. BigM you have an awesome team there. Yao in the post, near unstoppable. Ditto Pettit. The Truth & Kobe, clutch. Big O, love it.
    As touched on down the stretch, if free throw shooting came into play Kwame's team would be in big trouble.
    BigMaloe

Best team bench
    Yes even with Goran Dragic, BigM has done it again. Just
    BigMaloe

Inside scoring
    As mentioned before, Yao couldn't be stopped by Dwight. Dwight is still learning the Post game. Having Magic lobbing the ball too you helps, a bit.
    Both teams are well built to score down low... If I had to choose...
    BigMaloe

Outside scoring
    A team with Paul Pierce & Kobe vs Drexler & Hill?
    BigMaloe

Sorry to say, but IMO BigMaloe wins in a seven game series 4-1

1 person likes this.
  8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

BigMaloe seems to have the edge here.

9. jopatmc

As far as I'm concerned, this lil' tournament is over. BigMaloe has the best team. I'm giving him every matchup. Already looked at all of them. That defensive team with Rodman/BigBen/Duncan etc. is my other finalist. They lose to BigMaloe as BigMaloe forces the foul count up with constant penetration and a parade to the FT line.

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I vote for Kwame. This looks like the championship round right here. I love Maloe's team, and I love Yao, but I like Kwame's depth, and he still has the best player in this series. Magic vs Big O would be incredible to watch in their primes, but I gotta go with Magic on that one. People tend to forget how great Clyde was. People are quick to put Kobe and Wade as the 2nd and 3rd best SG's ever, but Clyde is certainly in that discussion.

I believe Grant Hill, injury free and in his prime, could hold Kobe, or at least really make him work for every bucket. Clyde would be a good matchup against Pierce, and with Kobe holding the ball so often, it would allow Clyde to save some energy on D.

Head to head, Yao owned a young Dwight Howard. He still hasn't reached his prime yet, but I think Dwight today would be tougher for Yao, in his prime. He's more experienced now, and yes, Yao can still shoot over him, but Dwight has finally developed somewhat of an offensive arsenal. The basketball gods (and the Chinese) robbed us of Yao, so we'll never know how Dwight vs Yao would have played out with Dwight nearing his prime.

I love your team, Maloe, but I vote Kwame.

1 person likes this.
  11. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

PG: I have to go with Magic from a head-to-head standpoint in this matchup. As great as Oscar was, Magic is the better player. These two guys would be a great back and forth matchup to watch, but Magic is the better player and facilitator. Robertson does benefit by having a better arsenal of players to feed the ball to, but advantage still goes to Kwame

SG: A prime Kobe would win this matchup against Clyde. Kobe would be able to shoot his share of shots, but would have 4 other phenomenal options to get the ball to. And this Kobe wouldn't shoot 35% percent from the field. If the game were close, any one on this team could hit the shot, but Kobe would still get his crack at winning the game BigMaloe

SF: A great defender vs. a great offensive player. This would be an exciting matchup to watch, but I feel that Hill would have a hard time hanging with Pierce if only for the fact that bigmaloe's team can spread the floor like no other. One-on-one, I have to go with Pierce BigMaloe

PF: Both of these players are great scorers in their own right, but do not shoot with the highest of percentages. Both also have great finishers down low, but Yao can score in a wider array than Howard. Therefore, I feel that the versatility of Maloe's team is what sets this matchup apart just like a few of the previous ones. BigMaloe

C: As mentioned previously, both of these players are amazing finishers around the paint, but Howard is a much more dominating force while Yao is often times finesse-ful. However, Yao's size and strength would give Howard all that he can handle down low, and Yao is the better FT shooter. This matchup would have just a ridiculous amount of FTs between the two. I have to go with BigMaloe

Bench: I'll go with Kwame, but I think that BigMaloe dominates in the starting 5 so convincingly that the bench would not be difference between winning and losing.

Matchup goes to BigMaloe

1 person likes this.
  12. BigMaloe

Why thank you fine sir..

13. BigMaloe

Thanks to jank, ricksmith, izak, jopat for your time and insight...

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Welcome mate.

15. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

okay...
    BigMaloe:3
    Kwame:1

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Haven't had much time to write this round, so I'll make it short and sweet: Kwame.

Magic is the best and most versatile player on the court. Drexler is strong and quick and will give Kobe fits, plus Kobe is not MJ so he's not going to drop 6 threes in a row from ridiculous lengths. Magic, Clyde and Grant are all good passers and can feed the bigs. I Love the Big O. I question whether Kobe and PP could coexist. Oscar would continually have to knock them in the head to get them to drop the ball into Yao. When they saw Magic leading the break and feeding Clyde and Grant and getting oooohs from the crowd, I think they would want to do something to draw oooohs as well and would end up forcing things. Also, that's a pretty rugged group of three that could lean on Yao all game long.

1 person likes this.
  17. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Okay
    BigMaloe:3
    Kwame:2

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Sorry I haven't been on much lately, but I wanted to thank all the judges for their insights and for taking time to provide feedback, thanks.

19. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

BigMaloe:4
    Kwame:2

20. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

BigMaloe is moving on to the Final Four.