1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-Time draft round 2: Fallenphoenix vs. QazQay

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonatasFanboy, Sep 8, 2012.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Please break down your vote. You can use this scheme:
    Frontcourt
    Backcourt
    Bench
    Offense
    Defense
    Chemistry (how do players fit on the court)

Or just explain the main weaknesses / strengths that you think will determine the winner.

Voters: all participants and VBG and IzakDavid13 as outside judges. Anyone else welcome as well, as long as you explain your vote.

Fallenphoenix

PG: Mark Price
    SG: Ray Allen
    SF: Paul Pierce
    PF: Tim Duncan
    C: Moses Malone

Bench
    PG: Fat Lever
    SG: Paul Westphal
    SF: Rudy Tomjanovich
    PF: Ben Wallace
    C: Dikembe Mutombo

vs.

QazQay

pg: John Stockton
    sg: Manu Ginobili
    sf: Julius Erving
    pf: Charles Barkley
    c: Shaquille O'Neal

Bench:
    PG - Rajon Rondo
    SG - Vince Carter
    SF - Bernard King
    PF - Amar'e Stoudemire
    C - Greg Oden

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Frontcourt: very close...but FallenPhoenix
    Backcourt: toss of the coin...DrJ gets the vote QazQay
    Bench: again toss of the coin...Qaz offence vs Fallen defence. Tied.
    Offense: FallenPhoenix...lights out.
    Defense: FallenPhoenix
    Chemistry: tied... very close. I see the Stockton to Shaq pick and roll working double time. But the FallenPhoenix team fits together very well. The classic inside outside gameplan.

I have to give this one to FallenPhoenix. Shaq and Barkley is great, but not as good as Moses and Timmy.
    The lights out shooting from The Boston Boys and Price would compliment the frontcourt well.
    I like the QazQay duo of Manu and DrJ, but Mr Tiny Shorts isn't one of my favourite players..(even though he was pretty good)

FallenPhoenix Wins!

1 person likes this.
  3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Frontcourt
    even. best front courts in the draft (as far as i can remember). Duncan over Chuck by quite a bit, but Qaz makes up for it in the other two spots.

Backcourt
    Qaz. Stockton is a bit better than Price at everything except shooting. Manu and prime Ray Ray are different, but about the same in terms of overall talent.

Bench Fallen

Offense
    Qaz. More versatile in halfcourt. Several very good playmakers. PnR between Chuck and Stockton/Manu. Great shooting. Athleticism, speed, power, transition. Shaq is hard to stop in his prime. Prime Amar'e off the bench.
    Fallen has a very good offense as well, I don't see any flaws there. Qaz just has more tools.

Defense
    fallen. Mainly, because Chuck is the opposite of Duncan on that end. Also, fallen has a collection of great defensive centers for slowing down Shaq and hack-a-shaq if necessary.

Chemistry
    even. Two very well built teams. These might be the best two in the draft.

If an unstoppable force meets an immovable object... it could go either way, but i'll say Fallen wins in 7.
    He has so many elite defensive bigs to throw at Shaq, Chuck and Amar'e, I think he has a chance to slow them down in some games. And I don't think that Chuck/Amar'e will slow down Duncan.

1 person likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Imma give to Phoenix for the reasons others mentioned and think Price, Allen, Pierce is just too much firepower for Qaz, especially when Fallen has Timmy and Moses to draw defenders into the paint.

Also love the bench with a prime Lever, Big Ben and Mutombo.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

FC: Fallen

Slight edge to Fallen here. Tim Duncan was the difference here for me here.

BC: Qaz

Although he is forever the enemy, John Stockton is one of the best PGs to play this game.

Bench: Fallen

Nice defensive unit. They wont give up too many points here.

Offense: Fallen

Too much fire power wih Price, Allen, Pierce. Extremely talented post play with Moses and Timmy.

Defense: Qaz

close, but I give the edge to Qaz. Stockton holds down the perimeter and Shaq takes up the entire paint.

Chemistry: Qaz

I still like the way this team is built. Stockton will run this offense very efficiently.

Winner: Fallen

close but... Timmy gets the job done. So much fire power to give a good inside-outside game. Bench is very strong defensively.

1 person likes this.
  6. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Frontcourt: Very slight edge to QazQaz. I feel that Allen, Manu, and Price are all underrated players. Allen is a bit better than Manu but i feel that the difference between Stockton and Price makes up for it and then some.

Backcourt: Tim Duncan may be the best PF of all time but Barkley is the best offensive PF of all time scoring a lot of points at extremely high efficiency without an elite PG setting him up. Shaq is arguably the best offensive C of all time. Overall Shaq and TD are about a wash. Dr. J>>PP and whatever possible difference between Barkley and Malone won't make up for the difference between Dr.J and PP. QazQaz

Bench: Not sure how much I should value Greg Oden. Overall I give Fallen the edge.

Offense: QazQaz. The inside scoring is absolutely unstoppable and the outside scoring is pretty good too. All time great PG + best offensive PF + best offensive center + Dr. J....

Defense: Fallen. Barkley is not a good defender and Fallen has a much better bench in terms of defense.

Chemistry: Qaz. Barkley and Shaq will be very happy with a pass first PG who can spread the floor.

Overall: Qaz in 6 or 7. Some people on this thread have talked about stopping Shaq and I can do is laugh. Even slowing down Shaq slightly is nigh impossible and he has the help of Barkley, Stockton, Dr. J, and Manu. Qaz has a team with a super elite offense and an elite defense while Fallen has a elite-very elite offense with very elite defense. Its true that defense wins games but an elite offense usually beats an elite defense.

1 person likes this.
  7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

4-1 fallen so far