1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-Time Draft Matchup: Donatas vs Yung-T

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fallenphoenix, Sep 7, 2012.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

People compare Dwight to D Rob all the time. What I have stated is by no means a stretch. If anything I believe it is a very accurate evaluation. I do believe I have flattered Dwight Howard if anything. D Rob played in the best era of big men, while Dwight has had to compete with only Yao, Shaq at the end of his prime, Bynum, Pau (at times), Timmy D (at times) and lets throw KG (at times). Compare that to Hakeem, Ewing, Zo, Shaq, Vlade, Daugherty, Mutombo, heck even Rick Smits. I feel D Rob would destroy the NBA today, but thats just my opinion

2. LCAhmed

Ahh I see. I thought you were debating it for the other way. I agree. Honestly It should probably be D Rob>>> Howard. But if we are going off stats, then >= or > is probably a safe bet

3. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

EXACTLY. You said Dwight <=DROB!!!! More like Drob >>>>>>>> Dwight!!!!!!

4. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Yeah, its fine. Just wanted to point out that DRob is an absolute beast and Howard would have no chance.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So we are basing this on stats instead of looking at prime competition and matchup? I don't get it.

6. LCAhmed

No we are def looking at the latter. Otherwise Wilt would be drafted #1 overall everytime. I just wanted to mention the stats in case some people don't understand or didn't realize the big competition gap that exists between today's NBA and the NBA of the 90s.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Still feel like some are forgetting that I have Cooper on Jordan and Bron on KD, makin two great defenders on his main scorers. Don't see him winning on offense when I have Bron. vs. KD plus Rob&Walt goin off against his two bigs. Feel like I'd have at least 15 points advantage in that.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And that 15 points if Dwight&Yao play their best defensive games ever somehow, they would probably get murdered.

9. Jamers

Jamers Member

Dwight will tire himself chasing 4's and will not have enough gas on offense.

I dont want to get involved in the discussion too but you'll have problems with spacing especially on offense.. I mean they are better in their natural position.. Dirk can play SG but he's a 4 because he's better at that position..
    Playing them out of position is terrible thing to do.. Especially with yao and dwight who really dominate inside the paint.. You cant put them both there.. Someone has to be outside whos mobile enough to run around chasing shooters and knock down midrange J.. I really like dwight and robinson but i dont think they will be effective playing the 4.. Also, Frazier is like westbrook with lockdown defense, ball dominant, mj is ball dominant.. Dwight is ball dominant.. Passing is very important.. With these fantasy drafts, it is better to have 2-3 guys who pass the ball amd make teammates better.. This is not an all star game..

10. what

what Member

Can we like stop these games after this go around. These threads take up the whole forum and you'll play them back to back to back.

11. what

what Member

Out of 30 threads in this forum, 17 of them are every iteration of some form of this silly game you keep playing and re-playing. Enough is enough.

12. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

nah, its too much fun. It's what the fantasy forum is for anyway.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

absolutely. Dwight's role in this lineup is exclusively defense and muscling out people, he's the 5th option offensively. Cuts, hustle points and occasional transition points. (Though to be fair, it's not like he'll have to chase the power forward that much in this particular matchup.)

But it was a comment regarding your particular statement that Yao is a better 4 than Dwight, which makes no sense to me. Dwight fills the PF role defensively much better.

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

? why does it matter to you. Don't look at them. :rolleyes:
    I don't think it hurts the forum either, impressions ftw and there seems to be enough of bandwidth.

15. Jamers

Jamers Member

It is fantasy forum.. That's why it is here.. You can just GTFO of the thread and go to hangout or create a jeremy lin thread in the garm

16. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Yeah, this is what the fantasy forum was made for anyways.

17. what

what Member

when you have 3 going on at once, nonstop, it is becoming a problem for any other thread being read.

You guys are staring a new round every 2 weeks.

18. Jamers

Jamers Member

We have like 45,000 views on 1 thread. If you seach nba fantasy drafts related query in google, you will most likely see clutchfans website in top 10.. Or the matchups.. We are basically driving more traffic which means more clicks on ads, more profit for Clutch.. We basically contribute in our own way..

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He even started a thread in the feedback section about this smh.

20. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Yeah man, Clutch loves me and RN for this lol.

I think...