1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-Time Draft Matchup: Donatas vs Yung-T

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fallenphoenix, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

VBG, when you slow down the best scorer by 5+ points it is huge, especially when my FC destroys his. But you think Robinson&Walton vs. Dwight&Yao wouldn't dominate, so I guess there's no point in arguing.

2. VBG

VBG Member

He averaged 31 PPG against Cooper and 36 against Robertson (in the playoffs). Here he has Frazier, Durant, Dwight and Yao (Marion, Deron Williams, Cowens off the bench would help as well) to make doubling pretty much impossible. So yeah, you're stuck on an island against Michael Jordan. That is just not going to work.

On the other hand, who is Yung T's main player? as we have seen countless times, the team needs a focal point on offense. Taking turns just isn't efficient. I think each option can be slowed down by Dwight/Yao/Jordan/Frazier/Marion/Moncreif.

3. VBG

VBG Member

Yeah, but the only way to slow down Jordan is to give opportunities to his teammates.

4. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

I agree that michael is craaaaazy but, NO WAY Donatas's front court can even touch Yung-T's.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I don't really want to get involved in the general discussion, it's getting heated.
    But i'll reply to this.

Positions are typically defined by defensive assignments. Not by who can hit a mid range jumper.
    Your question has to be "Who's mobile and athletic enough to chase opposing 4", rather than "Who can hit a midrange jumper".

Defensively, Dwight roams around in my lineup, hangs with the opposing 4s and provides help defense. So of course he's the PF. Offensively, he's the 5th option anyway, he basically runs transition and cuts. Yao has the much bigger offensive role.
    There are plenty of centers with more range than their PFs. It's all about how the defense works.
    In a Rodman-Sabonis lineup, who is the PF? Of course it's Rodman.
    How about Kris Humphries-Brook Lopez? Humphries.
    Derrick Favors-Al Jefferson? Favors, again, because he's the more mobile/athletic one defensively, even though he has no range compared to Jefferson.

6. VBG

VBG Member

Offensively, no. On the ball DEFINITELY NOT. Not even close. If David Robinson vs Dwight was the primary matchup than Robinson destroys. Same with Walton vs Yao.

But in these matchups where Dwight is the fifth option offensively and Yao is the fourth? They would excel in these roles.

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Hehe. I just gave my judging and left. Yung t and vbg always seem to go at it

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If I make Walton&Robinson my primary offensive options then you have it right there, so I don't see the point. CP3 feeding, running PnR with Robinson&Walton all day would kill his team.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Plus it would open room for LeBron, I don't understand your logic that a team has to have one main guy that does 40% of the scoring.

10. RedNation

You got that argument from me. Reps welcome

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I built my team that way with versatile, good shooting bigs and 3pt shooting guards. Appreciate you recognized it.

12. RedNation

You think I want your appreciation!! :p

1 person likes this.
  13. VBG

VBG Member

You guys need to get a room.

And yeah, I do believe that teams need a person (max 2) to have the offense flow through them because the other superstars just aren't used to and can't play as well when they have to share the ball constantly. It's harder for ball dominant players to get into the flow when the ball is not in their hands.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So in that matchup I make Robinson&Walton my two main scorers and feed them constantly. His guys will struggle really bad or have to double, which opens room to operate for Bron, CP3 and open shots. What's your argument now?

15. RedNation

:grin:

Its ok, I voted for donatas to win it all last draft. I just voted against you :p bet that makes you mad

16. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

DRob was an MVP. He averaged 29-30 points in a season. He can be a primary scoring option, and so can Lebron. I don't know how Donatas can even hang in there against Yung-T frontcourt. I didn't vote because I don't know who is better but, Yung-T's front court is miled ahead.

17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

FC: Tizzle

Walton > Yao. Robinson>= Howard. LBJ>Durant. It's a close one, but Tizzle takes this one convincingly.

BC: Donatas

MJ and Frazier will have their way with CP3 and Cooper. Tizzle has a nice BC but just not a good matchup here.

Offense: Donatas

MJ and Durant are pure, instant offense. CP3 and LeBron are very good offensively but it is hard to compete with MJ and Durant.

Defense: Tizzle

Every position defends extremely well. Hard to break this defensive unit.

Bench: Donatas

It's not a blowout, but its not close either.

Chemistry: Tizzle

The team is set up with each playing a key important role. With the exception of LeBron running Point forward, there should be no conflicts of roles. Donatas having Dwight and Yao together is tough although Yao has a mean mid range game. Both teams are put together very well, but I feel Tizzle has got an edge.

Very close match up. Too close to call. Slightest edge to Donatas and my reason is MJ. The man knows how to win basketball games, he's proven.

Winner by a hair, Donatas

18. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

19. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Guys, David Robinson averaged like 30ppg one year, 13rpg, 4bpg!!! And he is >= to DWIGHT FREAKING HOWARD??!?!?!

20. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member