1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-Time Draft Matchup: Donatas vs Yung-T

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fallenphoenix, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Okay VBG, but I still feel like I have the best team to match up vs. Donatas and think his frontcourt would really struggle, plus I keep Jordan below 35 and Bron works on KD.

If I lose this I don't see why other teams would win against him, seems to me I have the best defender on Jordan and Admiral is like the best PF imaginable vs. Dwight because of size, athleticsm and shooting.

No shot at you, but seems strange to lose when I match up this good and have the clear front court advantage and best defenders on Jordan. :(

2. Jamers

Jamers Member

I dont think so.. No one can beat me baby

3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Tizzle. I got da jordan stopper. You dont

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Would like the guys that say I match up bad to explain why.

1. Frazier doesn't dominate CP3 hard.

2. I have a top 5 of all time perimeter defender(Cooper) on Jordan and top 10(Robertson) on the bench. I don't see a better way to stop Jordan, you guys tell me.

3. Bron has slight advantage over KD, especially on defense.

4. Robinson goes up against Dwight. Clear size advantage, better skills, same athleticsm. Robinson a way better post player and shooter. In this matchup Dwight would never have the advantage on offense or defense and struggle really hard, especially with post scoring and rebounding. Plus he can't outrun or post up Robinson effectively.

5. Russell vs. Yao: Russell is 7'2 or 7'3 unofficially, one of the best defenders and passing big men of all time, great scoring threat. Way better than Yao on blocking and steals, also way ahead in running the floor and initiating fast breaks.

On bench I have :

Chris Mullin to go hot from 3 and run with the other guys

One of the best defenders and allround guards ever in Robertson(quadruple double, all time leader in steals)

Mr. 71 points, athlteic beast and prototype Jordan: David Thompson

One of best PF defenders and transition PFs of all time in Bobby Jones, 10x First All Defense, extremely efficient in stealing, blocking, defending and setting up other guys in transition or finishing by himself.

Pau Gasol who's way more versatile than his other bigs.

My guys are nearly all known for extremely great ball iq and passing, except for Mullin all good defenders, seven all time defenders.

Good spacing in the starting unit, as CP3, Cooper, Bron can shoot from anywhere and Thompson, Russell are good shooters. Extremely agile lineup, can outpass nearly every team PF and C over 7'1 both.

I just don't see how he wins this thing or how I match up bad.

5. VBG

VBG Member

IMO, Robertson is too small for Jordan. He does have quick hands and all that but he just doesn't have the size to contain Jordan.

Defense is a team thing and I prefer having Durant on the wing (see Olympics). Your entire team needs the ball in their hands to be effective and don't really have any practice of playing off the ball.

Jordan averaged 36.8 ppg in the playoffs against Alvin Robertson's team. Michael Cooper is solid but is completely outclassed offensively here.

And Bill Walton's prime has become overrated now.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Cooper is the starter and "solid" speaking of his defense is a pretty terrible statement.

He would get outclassed offensively, of course. But he'd still contain him and SF, PF, C would win their matchups, Pf and C pretty dominant imo.

All need the ball in their hands to be effective? Exact same thing could be said about every Olympics team, my guys are all time passers&defenders so there would be tons of transition and Robinson, Walton in the post vs. Dwight/Yao would be a pretty easy scoring opportunity for them.

Your comments about Durant&Walton make it seem like you're heavily biased here. Prime Yao never dominated in a weak Center era, Dwight is 6'11 and doesn't consistently score in a extremely weak C era. Still they are better than Robinson&Walton, how?

Seems extremely biased.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not one of you guys explained how he would win on offense, I only hear Jordan and the non-existing knowledge about Cooper here. KD, Yao, Dwight outscorint their matchups and being able to defend them is complete bullocks here.

8. VBG

VBG Member

Michael Cooper is not containing Michael Jordan. This is Michael ****ing Jordan.

Dwight can contain David Robinson. Yao can contain Bill Walton.

9. VBG

VBG Member

Non existing knowledge? Jordan averaged 31 PPG against him including the years when he was a rookie? He didn't even play Michael Cooper when he was really in his prime.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't think this is anyhow logical or based on anything, but okay.

Look up Bird in the series where they lost vs. Lakers, Cooper killed his fg% and Bird said he was the best defender he ever played. But he will get killed by Jordan...okay...

The last part is pretty stupid if you ask me, don't even know where to start.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If you think Jordan will carry every team and Dwight&Yao are a better duo than Robinson&Walt then you fail at the basic essence of player evaluation.

12. VBG

VBG Member

I dunno where I ever said Dwight + Yao is better than Robinson + Walton. I actually dislike both twin towers.

But ok, make up stuff. That works.

And Jordan and Bird have different games. There have been so many Jordan stoppers and guess what? They all failed. The only way to stop Jordan is to try and collapse and trap everything and if you do that then Durant is gonna get a ton of open shots which he is built to swish. Dwight will get rebounding position and Yao can hit his shots as well.

I can't believe you're underrating Michael Jordan.

13. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Yung t wins FC. His FC would destroy Yao and Dwight. Robinson and Walton can also draw the big guys out allowing more space for Lebron to cut and destroy in the lane. Lebron, drob, Walton is way too much.

Backcourt- donatas would win. Frazier can Definitely slow down cp3. At the same time ts defenders will give mj a hard time. They will contain him, but Jordan will still get his.

Offense- I like donatas' offense more. Jordan and Durant is perfect. More attention is going to go to Jordan which will allow Durant to get a lot of catch and shoot opportunities. I really think yaos size will bother Walton as well. Yung t has a very good offense too with cp3 finding the open guys on the perimeter and getting the low post guys easy buckets. even with the amazing defense, Jordan still puts donatas over on offense.

Defense. Yung t. He has great defenders at every position exct for Mullin on the bench. Donatas has a better bc defense (Frazier) but t has better defense everywhere else.

Chemistry- no problems either way. Ill give this one to myself

Who would win in a 7 game series?

Yung t in 7 with 3 being ot games. I think cooper will slow down Jordan enough and Yung ts FC advantage is just too much

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not underrating Jordan, but he seems to be your only point in this, plus you heavily underrate Robertson&Walton, plus ignore that I have Cooper&Robertson on Jordan.

By your logic every team will fail against a Jordan team.

15. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

1. Fraizer is slightly better than CP3 IMO.
    2. Veery true. You will minimize his points; but, Jordan is Jordan and will do what the GOAT will do.
    3. Yes, slight. Remember that slight. Lebron dominates the ball, durant has so much off ball potential and can score without holding onto the ball. This way MJ can handle the rock.
    4. This is sooo obvious. How the heck jmcballer, said that Dwight has an advantage idk. Huuuuuuuuuge frontcourt advantage for Yung-T.
    5. Yes again, but I think you mean Walton.

16. VBG

VBG Member

"If you think Jordan will carry every team?"

Yeah, I'm sorry, I believe Jordan can carry a team with Durant, Walt Frazier, Dwight, Yao, Deron Williams, Shawn Marion etc.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yes I meant Walton, sorry. Thanks for the input.

18. VBG

VBG Member

Minimize his points? Jordan averages 33 instead of 40 PPG?

19. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

This. There is a reason that he is GOAT. BUT, no way in hell that Donatas's frontcourt is doing crap against the tizzle's.

20. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Yeah pretty much. Maybe he won'y drop 35, maybe like 28.