1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-Time Draft Matchup: Donatas vs Yung-T

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fallenphoenix, Sep 7, 2012.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Judging is based on FC/BC/Offense/Defense/Bench/Chemistry

Donatas

G Walt Frazier
    G Michael Jordan
    F Kevin Durant
    F Dwight Howard
    C Yao Ming

Bench
    G Deron Williams
    G Sidney Moncrief
    F Shawn Marion
    F Dave Cowens
    C Alonzo Mourning

vs

Yung-T

PG - Chris Paul
    SG - Michael Cooper
    SF - LeBron James
    PF - David Robinson
    C - Bill Walton

Bench
    PG - Alvin Robertson
    SG - David Thompson
    SF - Chris Mullin
    PF - Bobby Jones
    C - Pau Gasol

#1 fallenphoenix, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yung tizzle fo shizzle...

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

FC: Yung-T
    BC: Donatas
    Offense: Donatas
    Defense: Yung-T
    Bench: Donatas
    Chemistry: Yung-T

Yung-T

4. VBG

VBG Member

Very close series. It would go the distance and all of that. But in a close series, you usually take the best player which is Michael Jordan.

Jordan + Frazier provide basically the greatest defensive backcourt possible (Frazier and Payton are 1a and 1b as GOAT PG defenders). They're gonna make CP3 work and Michael Cooper/David Thompson will have a tough time to get going.

On the backcourt bench I think both teams are about even. Deron Williams does to quite well against CP3 so there is that.

However once you look at the frontcourts, the teams advantage goes to Yung-T's team. David Robinson + Bill Walton prime will dominate Yao + Dwight. And I still have Lebron a decent amount ahead of Kevin Durant (I do like Durant in all time drafts because of his shooting though. Insane off the ball potential.) There is great passing there even though David Robinson never really stepped up when it mattered. Off the bench again its hard to seperate the teams. I do like Pau a little more than Alonzo.

In terms of team defense both teams are going to be insanely good. I would give Donatas the advantage here (while looking at the bench as well.). Scoring on Donatas will be hard especially down low so it would come to perimeter shooting. CP3 is great and Thompson/Mullin can light it up (the problem then is guarding Jordan/Durant since Lebron can't guard both).

Looking at team offense it is again close. The only problem is that Yung-T has a lotta ball dominant players starting with overlapping skills. Frazier, Durant and Dwight are all quite good off the ball so I do like how Donatas' team gels better.

In the end I would say Jordan Buzzer beater. It is nice having the Greatest of All Time in a close series. I like his team together fractionally more.

Vote Donatas

5. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Donatas even though spacing is bad yung t spacing is worse

6. VBG

VBG Member

IMO, these are the two best teams even though I'm not a twin towers fan.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't see how I have big problems vs. Jordan when having one of the best perimeter defenders of all time in Michael Cooper(Bird said he was the best defender he ever played), plus Alvin Robertson(1987 DPOY) off the bench.
    I have two all time perimeter defenders in Cooper+Robertson, one of the all time PF defenders in Jones(10x All NBA First Defense, regarded as one of the best big defenders in 70s/80s), Rob+Walton as all time great defenders, plus Bron and CP3 and a good Thompson.

That are like SEVEN all time maybe top 20-25 defenders, covering all positions as well.

Think Cooper+Robertson is the best defense on Jordan imaginable, so I don't see him going off like he would on other teams.

Jmc, how is my spacing bad, when I have CP3, Cooper, Bron, Robinson, Walton, Pau, Mullin, Jones? All historical greats in transition and passing. CP3, Mullin and Cooper are great 3pt shooters, Bron helps stretching the floor, and Rob+Walton are two of the best transition and shooting bigs in history.

Don't see any spacing problems with that, explain it please, maybe.

To the dominant player thing, it's the same with every US Olympics team, but I think I have some of the best team players in history, msot with incredibly high ball iq and all time good transition, defending and passing. True champions, too.
    Think team chemistry and ball sharing would by no means be a problem.

Thanks for the input though, but VBG and jmc please explain the defense and spacing things again, think I explained it a bit.

8. Jmcballer88

Michael Jordan doesn't lose plus he has a great team around him with Yao hitting mid range and Dwight banging down low. Donatas would give mj extra possessions. Yung t unless you have rodman the glove Hakeem. You are not slowing down that lineup

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

"Jordan doesn't lose"...okay, great explanation. I have two of the best defenders in Cooper&Robertson on my team, but you don't even go into any detail about that.

Walton and Rob can hit midrange and bang down low, Dwight is severy smaller than Admiral and I don't see him "banging down low" vs. Robinson and Walton.

"Donatas would give mj extra possessions", what does this even mean?

I have all time greats on defense, blocking&stealing and transition, why are you ignoring that and the fact that Walton+Robinson would probably dominate really hard vs. Yao&Dwight?

Why would Rodman be more effective in that lineup against Dwight than Robinson? It's not logical by any means.

The Payton line and the draft comments show me you don't know anything about Cooper&Robertson or Jones. You even underrate Robinson&Walton and fail to mention anything about them.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Plus I have Bron vs. KD which is an advantage.

JMC, I would really appreciate if you say anything meaningful instead of throwing out names(Rodman, Glove, Hakeem) and empty phrases like "Jordan doesn't lose, Donatas would give mj extra possessions, your spacing is worse).

Asked you to explain the spacing thing and still no word about it.

To sum it up:
    One of best defenders of all time vs. MJ, Bron vs. KD, Robinson vs. Dwight, Walton vs. Yao. Significantly better big passing, size and transition at the frontcourt.

Maybe reply to the points.

11. Jmcballer88

Its Dwight Howard he is huge muscular monster of a man. Yao is 7'6". Michael Jordan the greatest player ever to grace this earth. Just because you have two good perimeter defenders doesn't mean you are slowing Jordan down. Lebron vs KD even matchup. But donatas team is taller more athletic and spaces the floor very well for Jordan to attack the basketball. It would be a close series but you won't be able to put up enough points when your supremes defenders are on the court. Stop being such a homer your team is good it's not amazingly the best team ever drafted and they work well together because they all live in the same time ones and are half cousins.....chill out

12. Jmcballer88

And I'm not sure if you've ever played ball but if you put all your effort on the defensive end you won't be putting a lot of energy on the offensive end.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Feel like you don't know anything about old players.

"Its Dwight Howard he is huge muscular monster of a man." Do you know how stupid and moronic that statement is, when he's 6'11 and facing 7'1 elite athlete and DPOY Robinson and 7'2(unofficial) Bill Walton? You solely look at your boy Dwight and don't even look at his matchup.

His team is not taller, not more athletic and doesn't have better spacing.

And if Walton, Robinson can't put up enough points vs. Dwight, Yao and I also have 71 point Thompson, quadruple double Robertson, Mullin, Gasol, CP3 then I don't know what to say. My frontcourt doesn't even need to put up all defensive effort, while his would have to play out of it's mind on defense.

For Fs sake stop using the term "homer" when you don't actually know the players, it's now pretty obvious you are only familiar with modern guys.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think you should stop judging when you phrases like "Donatas gives mj extra possessions", "Jordan doesn't lose", "Dwight is a muscular monster of a man". Your Rodman point was complete rubbish because he would go vs. Dwight and be undersized and overmuscled, you don't know Cooper. Walton is not good vs. Yao but Hakeem would suddenly be the answer, although he is significantly smaller than Walton?

Your points are completely flawed and all you got to say is that Dwight is a "monster" or that Jordan never loses.

15. Jamers

Jamers Member

Dhow at PF? Will be better if yao is on the 4.. Both teams dont have legit 4.. Ill go with yung-t in a close series.. Will wxplain a bit more later

16. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

FC: Donatas
    Bc: Donatas
    Off: Donatas
    Def: Donatas...very close.
    Bench: Young-T...( David Thompson!!!)
    Chem: Donatas...very close

Donatas wins...

Very close, Yung-T has an awesome team, but this was very bad match up.

I admit that I'm not much of a Bill Walton fan.

I haven't seen all the teams yet, but the Donatas team looks good.

Sorry Yung.

#16 IzakDavid13, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Izak, how does a Dwight-Yao FC win vs. Admiral/Walton?
    How is his defense better when Dwight has to go vs. Robinson, Yao has to go vs. Walton, KD faces Bron, I have one of the all-time best defenders in Cooper, plus Robertson, CP3?

I think I'm the worst matchup he could get, seeing how my frontcourt would probably destroy his and I have one of the best defenders ever on Jordan and Bron on KD.

How is his offense better when his frontcourt gets dominated by mine matchup and ball-iq, spacing wise and I have the best defenders on Jordan and KD? I just don't see it.

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I'll explain in detail tomorrow, have to go now.

Still Bros Brah?:)

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Still brahs, but I don't see how he wins. Looking forward to your explanation.

20. VBG

VBG Member

Well I did say both teams have insane defense so I am not really insulting your defense.

I honestly think your team would destroy every other team I've seen so far. It really sucks that you face Donatas who can match you.

I don't really like teams where you have 4 players in the starting lineup who are used to always having the ball in their hands because I don't think that team is able to fully utilize the skills of each individual player.