1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All these post hating on Carl Landry???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blk5g, Apr 22, 2009.

1. blk5g

blk5g Member

Threw out his career he has never created for him self he cuts and gets rebounds and dunks them and every now and then he will have a game where he makes more jump shots than dunks/layups. He needs somebody to create for him is what it comes down to. So my question is why are all y'all hating talking bout he's a no show in game 1 and 2 when clearly we didn't need him game 1 and game 2 nothing was gonna work against Portland's defensive game plan near the rim. So why?

2. HoustonN06

HoustonN06 Member

What :confused:

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Carl is coming back from a big emotional and physical trauma but he does need to cut near the basket and try to get to the line despite the size advantage that the Blazers have. He does need to knock down some jumpers as well. I doubt if he will get many looks from outside unless Yao gets going.

4. dustin

dustin Member

apparently, he's less effective than pre-trauma period. PF used to be our strength, but now is 'Where blazers advantage happens'.

Landry was good can could be great next season. But realisticaly, he is not likely to help much during this playoff.

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I disagree. I've seen Landry do a lot of good things since coming back. I don't think he's far off, if at all, even if he seems to be making less of an impact.

And remember, he and Scola have always been poor defensive players. This is nothing new. The PFs we saw in the last couple of games are the same ones we had before. If you saw it as a strength then, I don't see any reason to change your opinion now. LA is a tough cover when he's on his game. Not even Chuck can handle his athleticism and length.

6. #1YAODADDY

#1YAODADDY Member

I just think portland is a bad matchup for carl. he is being defended by LMA a guy that is just athletic and taller then him. its hard for him to shoot over LMA or drive by him. usually he would be able to just jump and shoot the ball or blow right pass the defender, but LMA is just to tall, long, and athletic or maybe more than landry.

1 person likes this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree. I think playing Portland too much in the playoffs might do to Landry's reputation what Utah did to Head's. I don't think this is a good match-up for him.

8. landryfans

landryfans Member

I doubt it has anything to do with trauma, we know the guy would rather taken a bullet loose a tooth to score. Landry need someone creat for him, he cant go one on one.