1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All Quiet between Boston and Rox?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, Jul 26, 2006.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I have to admit that I wondered, perhaps assumed, that there would be dialog between the '81 and '86 Finalists this summer. Morey, Ainge and discussions about some players they knew (and perhaps rated differently?).

With Ainge's (strange to me) pickings at the 1 draft nite, I wondered about Delonte being available (I love that guy), Scalabrine, and just their relationship would lead to talks.

I don't have a clue what might be a fit on the court, by salaries whatever but yet I figured there would be something in the press.

I have never heard a word.

It's as quiet there as all seems to be everywhere.

2. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

refresh my memory, but were there talks between us and the celtics?

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If so I never heard a word. Hence the question...

4. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

he is bringing it up b.c our new GM in waiting came from the Celtics...

its like the Astros deal that just went down - between old and new GM

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Ainge (like former teammate McHale) is killing himself trying to bring an All-Star to put next to Pierce. Iverson is plan A, B, and C. I don't see anyone on our roster that he might want, unless we look to dump McGrdy or Yao (not happening). Ainge isn't just simply trying to unload his young guys to dump them. He's looking to cash them in for a real prize.

Evan

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

To get a superstar often requires third (or even fourth) (trade) partners. That said I remain surprised that there has been nary a whisper of anything between those two.

7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

jesus christ you guys are desperate for trade rumors.

that's all I got. tyvm.

8. luhbron

luhbron Member

Delonte West would be so amazing on this team.