1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All NBA Matchups #2

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsRed14, Jul 12, 2011.

?

Who Has The Better Team?

Poll closed Jul 18, 2011.
  1. BleedRocketsRed

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. VBG

105 vote(s)
    78.9%
  3. Authentic91

24 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

maybe i should have made this a public poll? show who voted for who?

2. Mizhemp

Mizhemp Member

According to this, vBulletin does not track IP addresses for polls and allowing unregistered users to vote is susceptible to fraud...

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Never knew this turned into serious businezz..

4. thething

thething Contributing Member

Sure, might as well do that for round 2.

It's an outstanding number of votes. 378 people voted on this. I'm guessing the next two rounds could get crazy, too.

5. Mizhemp

Mizhemp Member

Is there a way to make the poll only available to registered users? The issue of questionable voting tactics stems from the possibility of people voting as an unregistered user, clearing their cookies in their web browser, and then voting again and again. I think if it's open only to registered users, it shouldn't be an issue.

6. VBG

VBG Member

Wait, seriously? You can vote if you're not a member adn vote multiple times?

That's ridiculous.

Can't believe authentic would do somethign like that but I do admit I was finding it really weird when I would go for an hour or 2 and my 5/10 vote lead would disappear to a 2/3 vote disadvantage. Always 2/3 votes back.

Still think its weird that he would cheat if he did cheat. Especially since he does have a really good team. Not better than mine but still hahaha

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Everyone log out and vote for BleedRocketsRed. :p

8. authentic91

authentic91 Member

Yes, better than yours. All you have is ball hogs who are good in fast break and can rebound. While I do think you have the second best team, mine is the best. With Isiah dishing the rock as a pass first point guard, regggie working off screens, Wilkins chilling on the wing, and Mchale and Shaq dominating the post, it is what it is.

Why can't you believe that? You don't know me. Also, don't accuse me of something like that. That calls my whole character into question and I take that very offensively. I didn't make to big of a deal when that 'mo roxsquad starting saying something. But if you really think i'm cheating, then **** you. That's all I have to say on that matter. I have a GREAT team.

9. VBG

VBG Member

Wait, you're calling my team a team full of ballhogs?

Isisah is more of a ballhog than MAgic
    Ray and Reggie are similar
    Dominique is more of a ballhog than Lebron
    Shaq is MUCH more of a ballhog than Dwight

Only Barkley is more of a ballhog than McHale (they both are pretty ball dominant)

Saying, I can't believe that is a compliment. Sure, I don't know you but I didn't want to think that you were cheating.

I'm happy with fastbreak, rebounding and freak athleticism and better wing defense.

You can have your better post game.

10. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. authentic91

authentic91 Member

False. Isiah was a pass first point guard. Definitely not a ballhog. 14 assists a game and a ball hog, while being the best player on his team? No sir, Isiah was a floor general.

Shaq more of a ball hog than Dwight? False again. Dwight's career assists per game: 1.2. Shaq meanwhile: 2.5. Most assists Dwight has averaged a season was 1.9. Shaq's most was 3.8. Just because Shaq was twice as dominant as Dwight, don't forget he also averaged more than twice as many assists. Shaq was the most dominant player in the league while doing this. Dwight is the only good center in this era, and hasn't done ****.

So yes, I'll take my better post game, team game, and overall game. You wont have a fast break opportunity every possession.

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And Magic was the ultimate floor general. Isiah was a great player, but Magic was better in almost every facet of the game.

I don't think assists are a relevant metric here. I think "usage" is better suited. In Shaq's prime, he used between 30-33% of his team's possessions. Dwight has used around 23-24% of his team's possessions.

But I don't think ball-hogging will be an issue. You play to your team's biggest advantages. On Authentic's team, Shaq has the biggest advantage so it's logical that he'd get the most touches. However, VBG's team has a huge advantage with Magic and a small advantage with Lebron....not to mention his very strong bench against Authentic's very weak bench.

Your team has a better post game. That's about it.

VBG's team has superior speed and transition offense/defense, rebounding, size, bench, versatility, and overall game.

Do you know what people are suspecting you of running up votes? It's b/c your team has obvious flaws (undersized, horrible bench, fatigue) and you've had no answers for them. You've come up with no ways to mitigate the problems.

Yet your vote count continues to increase. Don't you think that's curious?

13. VBG

VBG Member

Wait, WTF.

I checked this 5 minutes ago and I was up by 1.

Now Im down by 20?

14. VBG

VBG Member

Not suspicious at all

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

LOL WTF you don't have to register to vote.. no wonder. People are just F'ing with the poll to keep it completely dead even lol.

16. thething

thething Contributing Member

I call for a revote on this one. Too close to call. Make the poll public and run it for 2 days and see what happens.

17. VBG

VBG Member

Thank you to whoever gave me 223-222 lead hahahaha

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

you are now tied :p

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Give out a rep :)
    Basically it is going to be a long day

20. AXG

AXG Member

I voted for VBG, but this is really close. I say let them both advance and do a final four.