1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All NBA Matchups #2

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsRed14, Jul 12, 2011.

?

Who Has The Better Team?

Poll closed Jul 18, 2011.
  1. BleedRocketsRed

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. VBG

105 vote(s)
    78.9%
  3. Authentic91

24 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Probably b/c you have no answer to my scenarios. Winning basketball is all about adapting to mismatches.

You say that only weak teams change their lineups. The 2011 Mavericks stopped playing Peja against Miami and replaced him with Brian Cardinal. How'd that work out for them?

I've pointed out a few specific match-up situations for you, and instead of addressing them specifically, you use general statements like "My team had everything in an offense and defense. Is 10 times better in the halfcourt. and Each and everyone of my players can scored with will against the man guarding them. "

Nevertheless, let's say that Shaq does dominate. If Dwight/Yao are giving 100% effort, that's going to wear Shaq out quicker. And that will force you to play your bench more, and you have by far the worst bench.

If you really believed in the merits of your team, you'd be able to give a real answer as to how you'd counter my scenarios. And based on the voting since our discussion began, it looks like people are recognizing the match-up disadvantages for your roster.

3. authentic91

authentic91 Member

I gave my reasons on page one. Go read them. I've described my team, he's described his and his starting line-up. We know who will be facing off against one another. No need for your what if matchups, we already have ours.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Your response on page 1 addresses a matchup of Dwight/Shaq and Barkley/McHale. Even if VBG starts the game with that lineup, you know for a fact that there's a good chance you'd eventually see a lineup of Magic, Allen, Lebron, Dwight, and Yao at some point. And if this is a 7 game series and you have no answer for that lineup, you know you'll see it again.

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

You've been wekkoized.

6. VBG

VBG Member

My first post states that my crunch time lineup is indeed Magic, Allen, Lebron, Dwight and Yao on defense.

7. VBG

VBG Member

Holy ****. I'm losing by a vote again?

Someone who thinks that I'm gonna lose can you please elaborate?

His team doesn't gell together at all like my team does. Everyone on his team is a ball dominant scorer except Reggie. There is no fluidity. My team has better fluidity and a much better bench with Pierce also spacing the floor.

Can't believe I'm losing again.

8. rimrocker

If the three people who voted for BleedRocketsRed had voted for you, you'd be tied. BleedRocketsRed is sort of the Ralph Nader of this race.

BleedRocketsRed
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V

[​IMG]

9. VBG

VBG Member

I have an advantage in -

1. Rebounding (Barkley, Magic over Isiah and McHale, rest cancel)
    2. Fast break (Magic with Barkley, Lebron, Dwight and Ray Ray)
    3. Stamina which makes a huge difference in a 48 minute game with running
    4. Defense - Lebron murders Dominique defensively. Magic at least can bother isiah with size and can post in half court. Dwight gives a lot of flexibilty. I can go with crazy rebounder in Barkley or 7'6" in Yao.
    5. Bench - My bench can actually score and doesn't rely on a 6'4" PF to score.

The only advantage he has is in half court post up offense. But even that is tough. Barkley and Dwight are strong as hell and Yao is crazy long.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think both teams should go through. This is way too close to eliminate one of them.

Plus both are crazy good teams.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

In my honest opinion Magic and Lebron doesn't work that well on offense. Magic's jumpshot is suspect, so is Lebron's. you can only have one person handling the ball on half-court offense.

12. VBG

VBG Member

Lebron's jumper when open is actually pretty good.

Only 2 PLAYERS IN THE NBA had a higher mid-range jumpshooting percentage than LeBron James this season. Dirk Nowitzki and Ray Allen. (compared to others who qualified on the list - or took enough shots)

I have Ray Allen to spread the floor.

I also have two legit playmakers to his Isiah. Plus, except for Reggie his team is a give me the ball and let me work with it team.

13. Mizhemp

Mizhemp Member

I hate to be "that guy," but... I suspect someone is cheating on the poll. I check CF probably every half our or so, and I since this poll has been pretty close I usually come check it as well. Friday and Saturday, over the course of several hours, I've seen your team build a 10-12 vote lead probably.

Sometime around 5 or 6 on Friday, and again at about 10am on Saturday (the Saturday surge is what really makes me suspicious), I come check the poll and somehow Authentic's team gained a massive 10-12 vote surge in the span of a half hour. Both times it's been for Authentic's team, and both times you garnered zero or one vote during his 10-12 vote surge.

I'm not accusing Authentic, but I certainly think someone is messing with the poll by voting without logging in, then clearing cookies and voting over and over to keep it close.

14. rimrocker

Wait, you can do that? Man, I've got lots of work to do in Bracket #1.

15. authentic91

authentic91 Member

Can't you check that with ip addresses?

16. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Authentic is cheating.

LOL.

Cheater.

17. authentic91

authentic91 Member

you're a f*****. You're really going to accuse me of that?
    f*****.

18. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Guilty!

19. authentic91

authentic91 Member

20. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

His dick looks huge in that pic.

...and you are cheating to win a pointless poll on the internet.