1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ALL NBA DRAFT Pt. 2 FIRST ROUND JmcBaller vs. Ubigman

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by torque, Sep 23, 2011.

?

Ubigman or Jmcballer?

Poll closed Oct 2, 2011.
  1. Ubigman

53.5%
  2. Jmcballer

46.5%
  1. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's the first round of the All NBA Draft Part 2! For this draft we used a $75 million hard cap. Production estimates for each player are based on their 2010-2011 seasons. All players are considered to be healthy, but age, accumulation of injuries, or serious injuries are accounted for. So, for example, Greg Oden is to be considered healthy but his injury history is to be respected.

This matchup pits Ubigman vs. Jmcballer!

Ubigman
    Pg - Rodney Stuckey/Brandon Roy/Daniel Gibson
    Sg - Arron Afflalo/Marco Belinelli/Gerald Henderson
    Sf - Carmelo Anthony/
    Pf - Paul Millsap/Carl Landry
    C- Dwight Howard/Greg Monroe

vs.

Jmcballer
    Pg Tony Parker/Darren Collison
    Sg Eric Gordon/Jamal Crawford/Anthony Morrow
    Sf Andre Iguodala/Paul George/Peja Stojakovic*
    Pf Kevin Garnett/JJ Hickson*
    C Marcin Gortat/Roy Hibbert

2. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

nooooo bro i added barnes as my backup 3

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Ubigman wins this one, although I like Jmcballer's bench A LOT and I think it can create some problems

4. torque

Supporting Member

Matt Barnes is ubigman's backup 3. Ubig, I don't think Matt Barnes is gonna be the difference maker.

5. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

Both great teams, but how can you not vote for the Melo/Howard duo? I think it would be more effective than Wade/LeBron

6. torque

Supporting Member

Yeah, agreed. Think it will end up being me vs the big man in the finals

7. Spooner

Spooner Member

You are probably right.....

star power.....:rolleyes:

As if Melo and Amare are anything special....

The way I see it,
    Parker>Stuckey
    Gordon>Afflalo
    Melo>Iguodala
    Garnett>Millsap
    Howard>Gortat

So Ubigman wins two out of the 5 matchups. Then factor in the role Iguodala and Garnett would play on Melo. Two all Defensive team players this year.... If they don't get it done on Melo, I'm not sure who would.
    Jmc has two centers to combat Howard in Gortat and Hibbert along with Garnett. Remember Dwight has trouble against taller centers. Does anyone remember the game in which Hibbert completely embarrassed Howard?

Further, the starters wouldn't play the whole game.
    Jmc's bench vs. Ubigman's bench really isn't a competition. I think Jmc has the best bench in the league.

So... I will be in what I am assuming to be a very small minority and vote for the better team over the "star power" concept we have seen fail time after time.

8. torque

Supporting Member

I mean, they are called stars for a reason. Anthony and Howard is just a deadly inside out game. He's also got Millsap and Afflalo who are great scorers, especially playing off Howard and Millsap.

I really like Jmc's team, I just think the talent level on Ubigman's is superior.

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

Not really....how exactly is that a great inside out game? Again, like I stated in my own finals thread, people seriously overrate Howard's offensive game. Especially going against big/physical centers like Hibbert and Gortat.

Amare and Melo would be a better inside out game in my opinion. It would be hard to debate that. Look what happened to them against the celtics. They got embarrassed. Melo was completely neutralized by Boston's defense. Do you honestly think it would be any easier against this one?

10. thething

thething Contributing Member

I can't get over the problem that Ubigman has no point guard on his roster.

Stuckey can handle the ball but he has no court vision.

11. VBG

VBG Member

I had to vote jmc here.

He has Iggy on Melo which is a great matchup. Iggy can definitely frustrate adn slow down Melo to a stop.

Between Gortat, Hickson and Hibbert, Dwight will be slowed. Hibbert can use his length ala Yao and Gortat and Hickson can slow Dwight.

Slow not stop.

I think the starters are about a wash.

But jmc's bench will dominate.

12. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I knew this would be the most controversial matchup. I'll wait a little bit before voting

13. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

his bench has no chance against my bench other than Dwight and Melo I beat him at every spot on the roster

14. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

jmc's team might have more depth but my team frankly works better together. he has absolutely no spacing while i have afflalo and melo who are both 40% 3 point shooters. I have anthony to be my clutch scorer while he has eric gordon. I the best center and a great shooting pf to let him post up. While rodney stuckey is not the best passer, he doesnt have to be. all he needs to do is pass it to howard in the post, carmelo anthony or drive to the basket. if your going to say iguodala can shut down carmelo than the same can be said for afflalo and gordon. gggggggggGGGGGGGGGgggggggggg

15. Jmcballer88

no spacing hahahahahha KG has one of the best mid range shots of any PF in the league clown and Gordon is one of the top shooters in the league was chosen for team USA and other than Stephen Curry was said to be one of the best pure shooters in the league so spacing will not be a problem

16. Jmcballer88

IF the bench doesnt count for anything then why draft them once melo or dwight leave the game your team is absolutely screwed where i have crawford a proven scorer, collison better than your starting PG, and Hibbert who is tall enough to give Dwight trouble im just saying if you win this matchup its purely based on star power and name recognition torque has the best team in the draft but this is just silly

17. RedNation

I've said this before but the major thing I see with your team is backcourt scoring.iggy and parker thrive by driving and howard is down there to stop those guys. Gordon is your only consistent scorer from the outside and that can be a proble.

18. Spooner

Spooner Member

um.... I really don't think spacing would be an issue. KG is one of the best midrange shooting big men. Perfect to play off of his quick penetrating guards. Eric Gordon is a very good shooter. Jamal Crawford and Anthony Morrow are great shooters. Paul George shot a low percentage last year, but he is a good shooter. Peja is a great shooter.

Don't forget how clutch Tony Parker has been. Or Iggy for that matter. I really don't see how Millsap would be a problem for KG. I dont know how much Afflalo would slow down Gordon. Iggy on Melo is a different story. Afflalo is a good defender, but he isn't an all NBA defender. Don't forget, Gordon scores 22ppg with a 450%. That is a really efficient scorer.

19. RedNation

Not to take anything away from iggy and kgs defense but all nba defensive teams are jokes. They are great defenders but I don't agree with using that award as evidence of their defensive ability

20. Spooner

Spooner Member

:confused:

I am sure since you think it is a joke, you realize how they are selected.
    So now coaches don't know anything about basketball. Wow.