1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ALL NBA DRAFT Pt. 2 FIRST ROUND Alvin Choo vs. RedNation

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by torque, Sep 23, 2011.

?

Alvin Choo or RedNation

Poll closed Oct 2, 2011.
  1. Alvin Choo

30.0%
  2. RedNation

70.0%
  1. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's the first round of the All NBA Draft Part 2! For this draft we used a $75 million hard cap. Production estimates for each player are based on their 2010-2011 seasons. All players are considered to be healthy, but age, accumulation of injuries, or serious injuries are accounted for. So, for example, Greg Oden is to be considered healthy but his injury history is to be respected.

This matchup pits Alvin Choo vs. RedNation.

Alvin Choo
    PG -Raymond Felton / Devin Harris
    SG -Tyreke Evans / Rudy Fernandez
    SF -Luol Deng / Nicolas Batum
    PF -LaMarcus Aldridge / Lamar Odom / Patrick Patterson
    C -Anthony Randolph / Marcus Camby / Spencer Hawes

vs.

RedNation
    pg: jason kidd/gary neal/Ish the dish Smith
    sg: dwyane wade/louis williams
    Sf: tayshaun prince/wesley johnson/gordon hayward
    pf: tim duncan/tyler hansbrough
    C: javale mcgee/channing frye

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

when will u post simulations?

3. Spooner

Spooner Member

Alvin bro.... Please do not start Anthony Randolph at center....

4. AFS

AFS Member

Anthony Randolph as starting center? Lol?

5. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Was just wondering where the offense of Red's team will come from. Other than wade and maybe Timmy basically thats it. There will be no fast break and the other than Timmy there is no other low post option. Unless wade score 50 points in every game how would his team turn up? Not even a shooter/scorer that can gets hot. Who else other than wade and Timmy will score more than 10 points? So how do you expect his team to score consistently?

For those that says why start anthony randolph at the center. Why not?
    Its not like he will get abuse by Mcgee.....
    And look at how he end the season with Wolves.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/randoan01/gamelog/2011/
    Every night that he is given minutes, he produce consistently. And that is a fact.

Add in when I need solid defending to D up on someone, there is always Marcus Camby.

Tyreke, one of the most explsoive scorer in the game. With a team that consist of Felton and Odom in the second team, tyreke's play making skills is not critical. And he is no slouch in the defense as well.

To contain Wade all I need is rotate between Tyreke, Deng and Batum. It will not stop wade, but add in I have a 6-11 Aldridge, 6-10 Randolph, 6-11 Camby and 6-10 Odom guarding my paint. I guess I can pretty much slow down Wade.

Felton > Kidd
    Tyreke < Wade
    Deng > Prince
    LA > Timmy
    Randolph < Mcgee ??

Look at his PF/C rotation. Both Timmy and Mcgee average 28 minutes this season. Meaning he be playing a lot of Frye and Hansbrough. While that is my strongest position where even my last options of Hawes and Pat are better.

And for all this I'm getting a "why start Randolph" ?

My starting 5 will run ragged on Red's team. Run as in they be alot of fast break points. Thats why I started Randolph. All 5 are runners.

When it comes to shooting/spacing, I got Felton and Deng shooting 3s. Aldrige and randolph have shooting range almost up to the 3p line as well. That makes up and more to compensate the shooting % of Tyreke.

For certain parts of the game, I can play really big. With Tyreke at the point, Batum/Deng at the shooting guard, Odom playing the point forward, Aldridge playing PF and Camby/Hawes.

I could even run pick and roll all night long with Felton, Rudy, Batum, Aldridge and Camby. Taking advantage of the proven chemistry between the Blazers.

And for all this, I'm getting a shut down in the polls? Just because he have Wade?

6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Sorry man. Talk about great offense. You got it. Tyreke is a pure scorer that can drill it from anywhere on the court. He will penetrate endlessly on dwade and get to the rack every time. Don't even have me mention felton. Man that guy will burn kidd every time down the court. He will put up 30 no doubt. And ANTHONY RANDOLPH. He will abuse mcgee. And deng is such a consistent scorer from beyond the arc and everywhere else and will burn tayshaun.

Honestly, your offense is worse than mine. I have wade and duncan to anchor the scoring but when it comes to doubling one of them, I've surrounded my team with legitamite 3 point shooters. The only offensive downfall is mcgee. You have felton who is a solid 3 point shooter and evans who can't shoot to save his life and lives by getting to the rack. Then you have deng who's not known for his offense. Sure he can hit a few mid range jumpers but remember he is guarded by prince which his limit his aklready limited offense. The only proven scorer you have in your lineup is aldridge. Let me take a page out of your book here:unless aldridge scores 50 points every game I don't see how you will win. Other than tyreke and aldridge, I don't see who will score more than 10 points a game. If you want to use that logic then aldridge and tyreke are worse than duncan and wade

7. Spooner

Spooner Member

you make some very good points alvin. I voted for you because I feel you are a deeper team. You have playmaking, scoring, defense and depth. I still would start camby over Randolph however. Randolph did well for minny as a pf, not a center. He doesn't really have the size or strength to be good at the 5. Camby would start for many NBA teams and will give you what you need next to aldridge. Plus, odom and Randolph off the bench together is a nice punch.

8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

alvin choo, my question is why did you trade for felton when i think evans works better as a point.

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

Since when?? why do you think sac traded Martin. Why did they draft jimmer? tyreke at point didn't really work....

10. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Its based on his line up. I believe he traded Gordon correct? If so, a backcourt of evans/Gordon is better than felton/Evans.

Felton and Evans both drive to basket and aren't really know for 3 point shooting. At least with Evans at the point he had Gordon on the perimeter knocking down 3s.

11. RedNation

I don't see how my team can't score. I have kidd to facilitate the offense and wade and duncan to anchor the offense. I have solid 3 pt shooters around them. Its not like prince is a slouch on offense either. the mavs lineup was kidd stevenson marion nowitzki and chandler. Where the heck does offense come from there. Did dirk have to score 50 every game. Kidd was able to facilitate offense and get the offense flowing. I don't see why that works differently with my team. Wade is wade and will penetrate at will on tyreke. Prince will still get a few on spot up 3s or mid range js. Duncan still hass a solid low post game and it seems to me like he's extremely underrated here. Him and wade would be tough to stop by themselves. Mcgee is a downfall but while wade is penetrating he would be a great target to pass to incase randolph helps. On defense I don't know how he will score. Kidd would. Play solid d on felton. Wade would limit tyrekes penetration and can do other things to disrupt his game. Tayshaun prince is also a very good defender. Duncan is getting older but can still play some decent defense but I agree that aldridge would get his. However, he will also have his offense disrupted.

12. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Tryeke evans is garbage alvin choos team is not good and anthony randolph as the starting center not even a real team would do that this was a 16 team draft league peoples third string centers are better than his hahahaha

13. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I could have given you Gortat and morrow Choo damn you should have been more active

14. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I'm talking facts here.
    I got Raymond Felton 15.5ppg, Evans at 17.8ppg, Deng 17.4ppg, Aldridge 21.8ppg and randolph 11.7 ppg.

Thats my starting line-up. I still have Odom 14.4ppg, harris 15.2ppg, rudy 8.6ppg, Batum 12.4ppg. Coming off my bench. So are you saying that with 8 players that average more than 10 points cannot give me offense?

I still have Hawes that average 7.2 points and rudy 8.6ppg.

Compare to yours,
    Wade 25.5ppg, duncan 13.4ppg, prince 14.4ppg, Kidd 7.9ppg and Mcgee at 10.1ppg.

Neal 9.8ppg, williams 13.7ppg, johnson 9.0, Hansbrough 11.0 and Frye 12.7ppg.

AND there is no need for me to double Wade, with tyreke and Deng sharing minutes on him. And Timmy no longer command a double anymore, not when I have Aldridge/Camby/Hawes. So I can't see how your legitimate 3 point shooters can rain 3s all night long.

Then. On defense. You relied on Duncan, Prince and Kidd who are all on their last legs. Good defenders but they struggle for pace and stamina. You got Mcgee who are one of the leading shot blockers and then you have wade who are great. And those on your bench are not noted for their defense other than Hansbrough.

Add on to the fact that Prince at 32.8mpg which is his lowest ever since his rookie year, Kidd at 33.2ppg at his lowest ever and Timmy at 28.4mpg at his lowest as well. What happen to the other minutes? Imagine Neal and Williams trying their best at 6-2 to guard Harris/Rudy. Johnson and Hayward your rookie guarding Batum or Odom. Frye.....

And I'm not even comparing those 3p shooters to my starters who will all play longer minutes.

Hence looking at it, which is more likely to happen? My team other than Aldridge scores under 10 or your players not name wade to score under 10?

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I need to have the ball out of tyreke's hand if I want offense to flow. With 8 of my players averaging more than 10 points, I want the ball to move. Hence Felton and Odom to offset Tyreke.

16. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Tyreke garbage? Thats the ROY you are talking about. All star player he is not, but garbage?

And whats wrong with randolph? I got a player that create mismatch, and I always have Camby AND Hawes if I need a traditional center. Compare with Mcgee and Frye which is what Red nation team is all about. Are you saying that Randolph is not equal if not better than them?

Lol. JMC, you are seriously delirious.

17. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Why would I want another 7ft when I already got the centers/pfs I have? You guys are drinking too much of Nash mojo. Don't get me wrong, Gortat is a good serviceable big man. And thats it.

And Morrow? Why would I want to have a 3p gunner SF when I can play Deng, Batum and Odom there?

18. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

In the playoffs, Dirk , terry and Marion is the only 3 players that exceed more than 10 points, with Dirk at 27.7, Terry at 17.5 and Marion at 11.9.

Say Wade gets you that 27.7 points, who will get you that 17.5 points?

Kidd will play solid D on felton, that I give you. So say Felton goes from 15.5ppg to 9.9 ppg. Thats a 33% decrease there for your "solid D".
    Wade limit Tyreke. So he goes from a 17.8ppg to 9.9 ppg. Thats a 46% drop.
    Prince a very good defender. So deng now average 9.9ppg. Thats another 46% drop.
    Timmy a decent defender. So Aldrige goes from 21.8ppg to 15ppg. A 32% drop.

Do you seriously think that is quite possible?

If you want to set your team as you put it,

Kidd facilitate offense? Sure. With Felton and Tyreke among the top 20 in steals per game in my team.
    Wade is wade? Definitely. Thats why I play Tyreke/Deng on him.
    Prince to score spot up 3s? A .347 designated shooter? Be my guest.
    Duncan solid low post? And average 13.4ppg. No problem.
    Mcgee a downfall? He will get his 10 points. I hope.

Add on that your bench are stand around shooters. What will happen when Wade needs to go to the bench? Mavs at least have JJ and terry to get some offense going. Who you got? A solid low post option?

What would you do say I put a big man line-up of Tyreke, Deng, Odom, Aldridge and Randolph?
    When Aldridge takes a breather, I still have tyreke and felton. Not to mention Odom will come in.

So I'm better in offense, defense, rebounds and bench. All i'm losing is star power in Wade and name recognition to your oldies.

19. RedNation

Hold up. You have 8 players that avg over 10 ppg so your team will have it easy scoring. You listed the ppg of my players, I counted 7 above 10 ppg so I don't know what you are talking about. This is the playoffs too so minutes should be according to that. Tim duncan averaged 35 minutes per game in the postseason. Kidd played 35 as well so I don't see where your argument comes from there. And you bring up this ppg stat like it means soo much. Do you see how many of these players are on bad teams and that's why they have to produce so much.felton evans randolph and harris are not on good teams and therefore have to produce more. You think that there are 8 balls on the court where your guys will get to their average ppg?

20. RedNation

Oh man the bench. You think that all the bench will be in at one time?? Obviously not. When you go with your bigman lineup and I have a small lineup in I will take channing frye and put him at the 3 point line. If camby or whoever is guarding him follows great if not 3s. If they follow him, that's a big part of your interior d gone right there, with aldridge hanging out. Leaves a lot of space for penetration. And just because they can shoot 3s doesn't make them stand still 3 pt shooters. You put you tyreke deng odom aldridge randolph in. Good luck scoring from anywhere other than the inside. Do you seriously think if you put those guys in, one of them bench players, I would combat it with all of my bench players. Man ill play a zone on that team, they won't hit a shot from 3. Ill combat that lineup with kidd wade prince hansbrough and duncan (since you want that bench player in there) duncan would be guarding aldridge obviously. Hint at me how you would score with that lineup. Ever single player is a slasher and get theirs by driving only. What if you are limited to shooting through a zone?