1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All NBA Draft Part 4 FIRST ROUND Pool C

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YourSecretLover, Nov 21, 2011.

?

Who has the best team?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2011.
  1. VBG

28.6%
  2. Sydeffect

19.0%
  3. Spooner

52.4%
  1. YourSecretLover

It's the first round of the All NBA Draft Part 4 Ultimate Edition! For this draft we used a $60 million hard cap and drafted a coach. Production estimates for each player are based on their 2010-2011 seasons. All players are considered to be healthy, but age, accumulation of injuries, or serious injuries are accounted for.

You are voting for the best team to advance into the second round. May the best team win!

VBG

Coach: Gregg Popovich
    PG: Tyreke Evans/Ty Lawson
    SG: Manu Ginobili/Courtney Lee
    SF: Dorrell Wright
    PF: Kevin Garnett/Ryan Anderson
    C: Dwight Howard/Chris Anderson
    Salaries: $63,004,968

Sydeffect

Coach: Tom Thibodeau
    PG: Russell Westbrook/Raymond Felton
    SG: Wesley Matthews/Tony Allen
    SF: Carmelo Anthony
    PF: David West
    C: Tyson Chandler/Trevor Booker
    Salary: $59,024,027

Spooner

Coach: Rick Carlisle
    PG:Rajon Rondo/Brandon Jennings
    SG:Ray Allen
    SF:Wilson Chandler/Chase Budinger
    PF:Blake Griffin/Josh Smith
    C: Amare Stoudemire/Omer Asik
    Salaries: 59,498,273

2. Spooner

Spooner Member

.....and you didn't fix my lineup....

PG Rajon Rondo/Brandon Jennings
    SG Ray Allen/Chase Budinger
    SF Josh Smith/Wilson Chandler
    Pf Blake Griffin
    C Amare Stoudemire/Omer Asik

3. YourSecretLover

my bad spooner been really busy lately

4. VBG

VBG Member

Honestly, I wanted Tyreke off the bench playing the Manu role but whatever.

I'm ready for the Dwight backlash but honestly I don't see how my team isn't the best here.

Interior defense is what matters and we have it.
    Perimeter shooting we have.
    Interior offense we have.
    Off the bench we have speed and athleticism.

Gregg Popovich was amazing in finding a place for a shoot first PG (Tony Parker) and should be able to use Tyreke well. Also the Spurs D with just Duncan was elite. My team has Duncan AND Dwight.

5. VBG

VBG Member

I am curious as to how Spooner's team would beat mine. Just curious.

6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

These are all the reasons your team should win correct?
    You have manu (35%) and wright (37%) he has allen (44%) and smith (33%). I think him having ray allen may give him a slight advantage there. (You can make your rondo argument but the truth is, tyreke can't shoot from the outside either)

Interior defense you have a point but Griffin is a pretty good defender. Also, it's not like Dwight is a monster on the offensive end. He can't score from anywhere unless it's right next to the basket. Interior offense: Dwight and KG vs. Amare and Griffin. Dwight I already mentioned above and KG can get you some post offense every game. However, Amare and Griffin duo better offensively.
    YOur bench: Lawson/lee/andersen/anderson vs. Jennings/chandler/buddinger/asik. You say your team has speed and athleticism off the bench, which is true. Spooner's team also has that.

To summarize (just the points you brought up)
    Interior defense:Edge to VBG
    Perimiter shooting: Edge to Spooner
    interior offense:Edge to spooner
    Bench speed+athleticism:Tie

7. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I like his depth better.

8. Garner

Garner Member

He did you a favor...J. Smith can't play the 3, thats why he was told to stop shooting and play as a PF.

9. VBG

VBG Member

Blake Griffin is a pretty good defender?

Are we watching the same sport? Pretty much everyone agrees Griffin is a below average defender.

Dwight, a 60% shooter suddenly can't score in the post? The guy who averages over 20/10 and scored 30 points in the first half of a playoff game.

Wow.

10. VBG

VBG Member

Well, I guess Dwight hate had to come her eventually. I mean, Blake and Amar'e are obviously as good at defense as Garnett and Dwight.

And Ginobili is so much better than Ray Allen now. It's not even close anymore.

Josh Smith is not in the same stratosphere as Ginobili, Wright or Ray Ray as a 3 point shooter.

11. RedNation

Dwight can shoot in the post. Just not farther than 5 ft from the basket. When you see 60 percent, that number is from dunks and putbacks.
    Yes griffin is a decent defender and he can rebound.
    Either way, I said your interior d is better didn't I?

12. RedNation

The performance is based on this season. This season, smith shot 33 percent from three. Ginobili is better than ray overall, but you said outside shooting, which ray is better at clearly.

As I said, blake and amare are worse at defense than your defenders.

13. VBG

VBG Member

Ok. Lets ignore situation and the fact that no one ever guarded Josh Smith's 3s and just look at numbers

14. VBG

VBG Member

Its funny because I like Sydeffects' team better than Spooners but Westbrook is auto loss on CF.

15. RedNation

Hahaha. :grin: because manu and wright were draining threes over two guys all the time. You don't think jsmoove hit any contested threes? More importantly, you don't think he will get any open threes on this team? He has a great passing pg in rondo to set him up and allen will take a little bit of that 3 point shooting pressure on him.

16. VBG

VBG Member

Ok, I just can't agree that Josh Smith is a similar outside shooter to Dorrell Wright or Manu Ginobili. I just find that ludicrous.

And Dwight not being able to dominate in the post is funny. Especially since the other team has Blake and Amar'e in the post.

Just a quote about Blake Griffin's defense -

Blake Griffin is not a good defensive player

17. RedNation

Okay. The random quote says his defense is worse. Ill go with it and once again: your interior defense is better than spooners. I said that in my original post.

18. Spooner

Spooner Member

No one is claiming they are equal defensively. However, Griffin and Stat are miles ahead offensively. That really isn't up for debate. Have you checked Amare/Dwight head to head match-ups? From starting at center in New York all the way back to his Pheonix days playing alongside defensive monster Channing Frye, Amare won 7 matchups, tied 2 matchups in total points while only losing 4 against Dwight. VBG, I never said Griffin was a solid defender but you would be a fool to argue Garnett is half the player BG is at this point. In any case, with the leagues best defensive point guard, a solid defender in Chandler, Griffin splitting time at the 4 with Smith, and Asik off the bench, I am not too worried about defense. Further, you would be hard pressed to tell me your team is any more adept at rebounding than mine.

Couldn't I make the same argument about Rondo being far ahead of Tyreke/Lawson? I could say the same about Josh Smith in relation to Wright just as easily. The difference is, your point guards are further in skill from Rondo than Allen is to Manu. No, I don't think a score first guard on a .400 percentage is anything to be afraid of.

No but Chandler and Bud are solid enough shooters. Not many teams will have a center with the midrange ability Amare has either. Bottom line is, we need to stop treating Smith as if he couldn't hit an outside shot to save his life. (Tryeke Evans or Dwight Howard.) Were you aware that he trained before the season with shooting coach Idan Ravin? Smith took more three's this year than he has ever before. He hit a third of them. If you stack his percentages and number of threes attempted, you would be surprised at some of the players his shooting numbers mirror.

19. Spooner

Spooner Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RJ6_66LRayA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. VBG

VBG Member

Garnett isn't half the player BG is? That's why pretty much every analyst ranks Garnett in the top 20 NBA players? Garnett is still one of the best defensive players. Garnett and Dwight will completely shut down any big man combo or pick and roll.

Oh I forgot. Analysts are dumb. Perception is all that matters