1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All Kobe vs TMAC 1 on 1 plays of all-time

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by roxxfan, Feb 15, 2013.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Those are some pretty broad assumptions... I was/am a huge Tmac fan, but I was glad when we traded him because it was the right move for the TEAM. Since he's been gone, I have followed his career and rooted for him to do well, but never more than I have followed or rooted for the Rockets.

Serious question Tinman: Don't you get sick of arguing against tmac in every single tmac thread thats posted? It's gotta be exhausting.

Also, can you at least admit that, when healthy, Tmac was one of the most gifted and talented players we have ever seen? You can rag on his accomplishments if you want, but not his talent...

BTW, tinman is so good at calling people TOFs or YOFs, I thought itd be fitting to from now on consider him a HOF.. History Only Fan. I have literally never seen you post about a modern Rockets team. Only teams/players through the 90's and Tmac teams... thats all. The last 3 1/2 years of Rocket basketball has been lacking in the tinman department.

Hey HOF, we have a pretty solid player named James Harden. You should check him out. But beware, he doesnt wear short shorts and didnt play in the 90's... So you'll probably ignore his skill and blindly hate on him.

1 person likes this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Actually on a serious note, I remember watching that a while ago and thinking the exact opposite of what a lot of the responses on here are.

There were a couple of plays where tmac got the best on Kobe, but Kobe was an absolute monster on the offensive end. Despite being 2" shorter than tmac and having less athletic ability he pretty much made the defense kneel over. The game in the first one had a lot more Kobe shots, the guy that created that video chose not to include all of them obviously. If you watch the game Kobe was ridiculously insane when he let the cap off, a much different sort of offense than Mcgrady's. While Mac's offense was aesthetic and smooth, Kobe's had that tenacity that was just ridiculous, like a burst of energy that made you shudder.

3. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Yea at least Toronto Mcgrady dunked over Olajuwon.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZrWtPZ2eH-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4:24

So yea Tmac>>>>>Olajuwon as well.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was at the Toyota tundra suite at the Knicks game pal.
    How do you like them apples ?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=229846

make that twice at the suites
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=196447

evidence from a REAL ROCKETS fan

I've posted plenty on every Rocket team every year, but I know you want to seem relevant. I'm a 99er dude, i've seen it all.
    Nice try though.

#24 tinman, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

you're boring me dude.

Basically I imagine if Patrick Ewing fans were so engulfed in jealousy and delusion, they would post

All Hakeem vs PATRICK EWING 1 on 1 plays of all-time

I apologize to Ewing fans, I know he's taken you way farther than any Tmac team, just an analogy to show the obvious.

#25 tinman, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

7. tinman

Supporting Member

You know the answers to your questions.

oh 90%?? I got like 34000 posts buddy.

That's like how many more games Kobe played than Tmac in the NBA.

you're running away like a tmac, you accuse me of not paying attention to the team.
    but now you realize i'm there.

just because you hate that I tell you the TRUTH about your hero.
    I've never said anything non factual about him. ever.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Stop trying to be cute and answer the questions.

Why do you continue to argue an un-winnable argument when it comes to Tmac?

Can you admit that, when healthy, Tmac was one of the more talented players the NBA has seen?

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Tmac's not my hero... My hero's are Jesus Christ, and my father.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I know he's talented.

You know why this thread and video was created ?

Kobe said he roasted tmac one on one.

And you know what.

Most people believe him. Cause Kobe takes basketball seriously.
    he doesn't go through Stephen a smith.

Mcgrady fans are jealous and embarrassed by what Kobe said.

This is why all mcgrady vs lebron, Kobe, Durant, rose etc are made

Jealousy

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I don't think anyone is arguing that, his talent is undeniable, but tbh he has never been a winner. Orlando days, what ever you want to call it.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Oh excuse me.

Your basketball player whom you admire and make excuses for.

Because when healthy is an excuse.

Michael Jordan when healthy.
    Oh he was not healthy when he broke his foot in the 80s.

You know what ? No one ever mentions that because of his accomplishments.

I guess if your team accomplishments are few, you look for excuses.

No one makes an excuse for being an MVP and champion.

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

BTW, just cause a rich old man can get tickets to a suit doesnt mean you really care about the modern teams. I bet you just go to argue with people about Tmac. Rockin an Elvin Hayes jersey, complaining all that showboating the players do these days.

I don't know if what kobe said is true or not, frankly I dont care! They both were great one-on-one players, so no outcome would surprise me.

Thank you for at least admitting that, now answer the other question, please.

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Im not making any excuses! I have admitted that Tmac was a shell of what he should've been. But there is a difference between excuses and reasons. There are REASONS that prevented Tmac to achieve what he had the potential to achieve. Some of those reasons he brought on himself, some he couldnt control.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

You are now making desperate accusations because you can't admit that facts about mcgrady .

I honestly could care less what you think of my fandom , it doesn't change the fact that Kobe Bryant has proven to be a much superior nba player based on success and consistency.

So make up all you want about me.

I didn't say Kobe whipped tmac one on one.
    Kobe did.

And you know what ? I believe him cause he has no reason to lie.

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Got him!

See the Irony? you are constantly calling out Tmac fans, calling us TOFs, saying that we arent real rockets fans, throwing out claims just as ridicules as the one I just did. But you have as much evidence on my fandom as I do yours! Which isnt much at all.

FWIW, I never said Tmac was better than Kobe. AND once again you didnt answer the other question... Whatever, Im over it.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Why is there a video of Kobe vs tmac through the years?
    Who made it up? Why?

Why did Kobe say he roasted tmac?

Kobe could have just said he beat him but he went with better verbs and went into full detail .

Mcgrady fans and rockets fans are different .
    A mcgrady fan thinks the rockets failed him while a rocket fan believes mcgrady failed the rockets.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I always get a kick out of McGrady fans vehemently arguing that he was one of the most talented and gifted players of all time.

Talk about setting yourself to fail.

What these fans need address is what he accomplished being one of the most talented and gifted players of all time.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Zboy

They believe being talented entitles a person to deserve accomplishments.
    What they fail to understand is that you need to accomplish to have accomplishments.

For example tmac dueled Kobe very well back in the day.
    Does tmac deserve the acomplishment of a nba championship or MVP ?
    No, he has to accomplish it.

20. il italiano

il italiano Member

lets be fair on tmac here. cant blame tmac's lack of playoff success on him. Its not like he was ever on a great team that had high playoff hopes.

2005 vs Dallas: lose in 7 games
    Sura, Wesely, Tmac, Bowen, Yao
    vs
    Terry, Finley, Howard, Dirk, Dampier

2007 vs Utah: lose in 7 games
    Alston, Tmac, Battier, Hayes, Yao
    Williams, Fisher, Ak47, Boozer, Okur

2008 vs Utah: lose in 6 games
    Alston, Tmac, Battier, Scola, Mutombo
    Williams, Brewer, Ak47, Boozer, Okur

We never had a team that was a favorite. We even had Game 7 thanks in our hands, thanks to tmac, but unfortunately yao/hayes couldnt grab a damn rebound in the final 3 minutes to secure that win. The only time in recent years we had a team good enough to be considered "contenders" was the year we beat portland in the first round. unfortunately tmac got hurt during the regular season and yao got hurt in the LA series.

And no one can deny tmac's incredible playoff performances, the guy always rose to the occasion. Unfortunately he never had a good enough enough team except in 07 to get him there.