1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All down to a bad trade!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by waihh, Apr 27, 2008.

1. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Bobby Jackson????
    Do you honestly think Michael James can do worse than Bobby Jackson in game 1 and 4? We surely could have used a little help from Wells.
    I know this topic is getting old, but when the guy repeatedly cost the rockets game...
    RA apparently trusted the wrong man. Bobby had a reason not having played much in NO. RA's stubbornness in keeping Bobby Jackson in the game and letting him shooting like he was TMac hurt the team. The last play tonight was horrible! Jackson was assigned for the opponent best free shooter, and he blew it up in RA's face.
    The trade certainly worked against the Rockets coming playoff time.

2. RedGlare07

RedGlare07 Member

This year? Yes. Mike James has been that bad. Not saying that BJ has been a big fat, liability, but MJ has shown nothing this year to suggest he would be an upgrade.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I honestly think Mike James wouldn't have played. He wasn't playing when we traded him. He had worked (or more accurately, not worked) his way completely out of the rotation. I sincerely doubt that would have changed.

4. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

I don't miss Bonzi or Mike James's conntract, but I would have expected better decisions from a vet like BobbY Jackson. He amazes me with some really bad decision-making on the offensive end.

5. YugoRocketsFan

3-15 in game 1
    1-10 in game 4

6. renwickftw

renwickftw Member

Please tell me how a Bonzi Wells who only has an inside game would help in a game where the paint is clogged up with hacking Jazz players and the refs not calling anything. Plus, he's a poor FT shooter as well.

7. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Bonzi would have been great. A back-up to t-mac that can actually play some good basketball, unlike Luther.

8. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

While I am no way excusing Jackson's stinker tonight, people need to get over MIKE JAMES. Mike James sucks. Dude could not get off the bench here, and cannot get off the bench in NO.

9. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

CALL me when mike james gets PT in new orleans. Call me....there's a reason why pargo....yes, pargo gets more PT than mike james
    call me
    281 451 3892

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Mike James ain't no savior. He shot a sizzling 23% this month.

11. kingkow

kingkow Member

People calm down maybe morey already predicted that yao is going to get injured this season so thats why he traded away mike james and bonzi so to free us some cap room and get a superstar

12. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

not to mention the last time he played was two and a half weeks ago

13. waihh

If MJ was still here, RA may have played him when Rafer was injured. I do not see MJ would have shot a lower percentage than Jackson did.
    In game 1, 4, there was really not much positives that Jackson brought to the table.

14. Pringles

Pringles Member

meh, i'm just glad morey traded for bobby for his expiring contract.

15. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

whereas if MJ was playing, he will bring his bad games to all four games and we are talking about the offseason already.
    nice try, but BJ is definitely > MJ

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So. Even IF Mike James would have gotten to play, and that is one GIGANTIC if, I doubt he'd have played any better than Bobby, and probably even worse, and we'd still be stuck with his contract. Now we're not. I'm glad.

Admit it. This is a stupid thread and you just freaked out and started a dumb thread because you're upset over the loss.

17. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

I'm sure he can score more efficiently than BJ has so far.

3-15 in game 1
    1-10 in game 4

Like the user above mentioned, that's horrible. But of course Bonzi FT shooting isn't as good as BJ.

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I didn't care for the trade at the time -- I thought New Orleans got the better of it. But when Yao went down shortly after, I thought it turned out to be the right move in hindsight. To me, Yao's injury meant no title shot this season (fair or not I don't know) and Bobby Jackson's contract has just one year remaining and will almost definitely be used as a trade asset at the June draft, the offseason after or before the trading deadline.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

When a guy like BJax is shooting 1-10 and having a terrible night, I would have rather seen RA play Brooks more tonight. It's not like Deron wasn't getting to the cup at will anyways.

20. waihh

I was in no way suggesting mike james is better player. With their poor outings or lack of outings in the playoff, both will be pine-riding or released for next season for their teams. What I am talking about is the current situation. MJ would have had a few minutes when Rafer was injured. There was not much choices.
    And MJ and would not had shot poorer than 3/15, 1/10. Actually I find it hard to name another player who shot poorer with equal volumes.