1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alexander Johnson beats Jordan Hill in practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chizzell, Sep 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

this was also my reaction.

and please can someone take Hill to a Buffet or something? We're top 10 on the fattest cities list, why can't we pack some Lbs. on Jordan.

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

There's a big difference between playing 1-on-1 and playing team basketball. Jordan Hill's strength isn't really scoring from the post up position. He's an athletic/slashing PF that performs better facing the basket and getting on the offensive glass.

Not to take away anything from Johnson, though. Seems like I've heard nothing but good things about him.

3. Prince

Prince Member

Hill lacks creativity and has poor BBall IQ.

4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have to agree with you on this. Hill has always looked clumsy and somewhat uncoordinated when I saw him on the court. But you get people like DD on one of his (man)boobtube videos exaggerating his skills and people buy in to that.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

His BBIQ is ok. He didn't start playing basketball till about high school. He's raw but his ability to run the floor and his size are enough to keep hope.

6. chizzell

chizzell Member

Yeah, Hill started playing ball when he was 15 so he has alot to learn. I agree that he has a long way to go. However, if the one on one drills versus AJ are any indication of how he is going to defend, its no wonder we are stock piling BIGS!

I wanted to cut him slack. I mean, I could have made a Turnover thread about Lowry who had 1 assist and about 4-5 turnovers yesterday.

He has some time to get it right and I have 82 "real" games to track his performance...LOL

7. anchel

anchel Member

Alex Johnson is a mature, smart and experienced player, while the other one is a current soft, raw and dumb basketball player, so doesn't surprise me. Obviously Hill has more potential, but that's what he is right now, a brand-new lamb with 0 confidence, 0 knowledge of the game, inconsistent hardness, lack of strength, of composure... So that's what he needs desperately, more 1on1 murders in hands of veterans. Is the cycle of life, Yao passed for this, and Bynum, and Garnett.

1 person likes this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I agree that his talent is something not to give up on, but this guy has boom or bust written all over him. I personally don't think he'll realize his potential, but I suppose that has a lot to do with how hard a worker he is, and how coachable he is. One thing that's crystal clear to me; this dude is at least 2 years away from being worthy of a significant role on this team. Right now, I think he's a big liability and I'd be siked to get something of decent value for him and move on. I'd be more than happy with a mid-round pick or a solid role player for Hill.

9. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

same here. That's how the thread title looks from the main BBS page.

10. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

11. SNAKE DOCTOR

SNAKE DOCTOR Member

One of the worst thread titles I've ever seen... think before you post dude, there are 1000 better ways to express what you meant... glad I'm not running this cuz I'd ban you

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Relax, it would take quite a bit of foresight to realize it would come up exactly "Alexander Johnson Kill" on the main page, or on mine (larger resolution) "Alexander Johnson Killed".

Though that's exactly why I'm posting in this thread. :p

13. SNAKE DOCTOR

SNAKE DOCTOR Member

I'm relaxed... I was just saying... he could have said "dominated" or any other word besides killed. You can't come on here and start threads with language you'd use talking to your 13 year old friends... some ppl make better lurkers

14. gotsis

gotsis Member

relax, you are taking this too seriously haha

15. chizzell

chizzell Member

Sorry tough guy. For you, and only for you I will offer another apology. MY BAD! If I knew how to fix it I would. If this is the worst thread title that you have ever seen then you have not "lurked" as long as I have.

16. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I demand an apology as well, as this thread title has caused me to suffer panic attacks, followed by intense seizures. I too feel it necessary to ban this gentleman. An example must be made, or else we risk exposing our civilization to an onslaught of misleading internet thread titles, and falling into the dustbin of history.

1 person likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No worries.

Dr. Scola examined Hill after Alexander Johnson's murder attempt and came to this conclusion:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. txtodd

txtodd Member

How about:

"Alexander Johnson puts it in hole repeatedly while Hill watches..."?

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Exactly. Thanks for being a voice of reason. Hill is not a center, and his strength is not banging around in the paint. He has a long way to go, but before the draft people were saying his best case outcome is Chris Bosh.

20. chizzell

chizzell Member

LOL.....Looks like I will be apologizing all day. I learned my lesson. Please forgive me.