1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex Len

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jan 19, 2021.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dude seems too plodding and too much of space eater to work well with CWood, Wall and Dipo. We dont really have 3 pt sharp shooters we need the lane open for guys to drive in.

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah he is too thin to be a center. Yeah he is putting up great stats but he isnt clogging the paint, protecting the rim and banging down low which what centers are supposed to do. I dont want him bodying people up either, look at AD dude tries hard but gets injured cuz he banging down with bruisers all the time. You dont want Wood clashing witj guys like Embiid down low you want him to have minimal contact with opponents to avoid injury esp since he isnt a defensive monster to begin with.

Why isnt he a PF? Wood has 3 pt range, a face up game and extremely mobile. If Tim Duncan, LMA, Zbo, Pau Gasol and Paul Millsap can play pf so can he.

We can get placeholder big men on the cheap like Olynk. These guys are just gonna take up space and give hard fouls to opponents in Wood's place, maybe make a layup and grab a couple of boards.

#42 roslolian, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    verysimplejason likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Plodding?

Not sure who you are watching. That's like calling Boogie plodding.

He creates open lanes for his teammates.

#43 D-rock, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He is coming nowhere near the Rockets.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dunno man if he was that good Cavs wouldnt be so keen on Allen. Granted I dont watch the Cavs so I havent seena game of his since Detroit Days.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

My only recollection of Alex Len is him & his teams getting crunked by Harden/Capela/Rockets repeatedly. A persual of basketball reference game logs for the last 4 seasons led me to confirm

Alex Len teams vs. Houston from last year back to 2016/17

lost by 47
    lost by 7
    lost by 17
    lost by 8
    lost by 16
    lost by 26
    lost by 17
    lost by 11
    lost by 1
    lost by 14
    lost by 31
    lost by 7

Conclusion: Rockets should facilitate a 3-team trade for Alex Len prior to every game, to ensure he ends up on the other side.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AD doesn't play C because he is an inner-wimp. He is lucky he has Lebron to hide behind now. The Lakers are significantly better when he plays C, but Lebron is great enough to allow Davis to prance around as a forward for a couple quarters until things get serious.

You are massively overrating the "bodying" that happens in the NBA post Shaq. C-Wood is just fine down low, and putting him at forward for extended minutes puts him on the perimeter in the modern NBA. Defending in space, WHICH IS BY FAR his greatest weakness defensively. His strength as a defender is hanging around the rim, and the advanced stats are beginning to bare that out. He is getting better and better by the minute. He is essentially a rookie, don't forget that.

His strength as an offensive player is not attacking smalls, it's attacking slow bigs. Want to shut down C-Wood? Put PJ Tucker type guys on him. We don't want that...

All of his advantages on both ends of the court are at C. Putting him at anything but C is an archaic form of SVG ball that I hope we are not silly enough to try. It won't work.

(Sure, we need to find his Draymond/Pascal/2-Way Forward. Rafael knows this...)

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This we can agree on. We need an elite shooter at the 3/4. Maybe two.

It is obvious that MPJ is Rafael Stone's biggest craving for this very reason. Elite shooter and 10 rebounds from your SF/PF.

He will be expensive, unfortunately.

baller4life315 and roslolian like this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Draymond plays center he is just small so he plays PF lol.

Its just semantics man positions are interchangeable now what matters is what you do. I still dont want Wood going up against the Embiids, Goberts and Drummonds of the NBA. Yeah he is very quick but the more he goes up against those guys the greater his risk of injury. You want him at the rim tbh Wood can do that even as a PF. Pau Gasol and Tim Duncan spent a lifetime in the block even as PFs. In fact TD got hella mad when he got categorized as a center instead of as a pf.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I'm all for signing Len and playing him as many minutes as possible so we can secure a top 4 pick.

BMoney and Chamillionaire like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Everybody wants to play with Westbrook.

D-rock likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hell yes, imagine all those REBOUNDS from his bricked shots!

DD

14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Any interest in Yoeli Childs? He seems like a good potential fit as someone who could maybe take over for PJ Tucker if we were to trade him. Which we should!

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Whose child?

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

if you’ve never been dunked on, you’re not trying hard enough.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The NBA killed a big piece of me on this day.

Fyreball and pippendagimp like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lost by 18.

My hypothesis remains impregnable

vator likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Len has always sucked. He shouldn’t even be in the league

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Dude checked in, committed 2 fouls in the span of like, 40 seconds, and then checked out.

I'm all for frontcourt depth, but maaaaan, glad we didn't sign him.