1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Alex Kennedy] Rockets shopping Yao, Lee, Budinger and others

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by desi tmac91, Feb 22, 2011.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I would say that it has..considering that his new nickname is Minus. I'll root for him as long as he's in a Rockets uni but he sure does make it difficult with half-arse effort.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Miami rumor designed to run the price up on Brooks and send Boston, Orlando, and CHI into panic mode.

LOL-it's gonna get crazier.

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Any way we trade for Steph Curry? A trade package centered around Yao's contract maybe?

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

It's not a rumor. It was a dumb fan asking a reporter about a trade. Let's try to keep the actual rumors (from credible people) separate from people's fantasies.

5. worzel gummidge

Curry was in that draft of "deepest class of PGs", "top 3-5" Morey spoke of, tweeted about, and was rumoured to have tried to trade up for.

6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

every Gm has to say this, what you epect him to say we acquired him so we can trade hin at the deadline..?

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

why would you think The warriors will give up Curry..?

8. jrett121

jrett121 Member

IMHO the point of saying they're going to hold on to brooks is to drive up his value. the more "houston doesn't want to let go of brooks!" out there, the more he seems in demand.

also, i dont think trading t-will for a pick would be a bad thing if he's not going to get the minutes.

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't know why Morey won't look at trading Martin. If we could get a quality big man for Martin, we have Lee and T-will who could fill that position. Martin has been injury prone and he has a fairly large salary. Lee and T-Will are young and cheap so I would rather keep them and Move Martin. Maybe Morey will surprise us.

10. worzel gummidge

I'm more worried about his declining shooting numbers. He's several years removed from his peak years now and closer to the dreaded 3-0, ie Death's door for guards.

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Name a quality big man that you think would be fair for Martin.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

They won't. We have a better shot at landing Ellis.

13. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

When has 30 been the age? Normally, wings are starting to have problems at 32. Can you name any good wings right now who have fallen apart at 30, aside from T-Mac who fell apart for reasons having nothing to do with age and had far more mileage on him due to starting out of high school? Heck, what with how players are playing longer and longer these days, I think Martin could be fine up to even 33 or 34, depending on things play out.

14. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing and expecting a different result?

This list of Rockets have been shopped for how long now?

15. worzel gummidge

It's what I've read and heard. Stastically 30 is the age in the NBA. Jason Friedman's mentioned it and I assume he'd have access to proper stats to claim that.

16. Rip Van Rocket

Earlier this year it was reported that Orlando wanted to trade Gortat for Martin. Most people here at Clutchfans thought it would be a very bad trade for us, but I thought at the time that maybe we should have made the trade. I think that Martin is more valuable than someone like Gortat, but we may have to overpay in order to get a decent center. I think Lee and T-Will could take Martins minutes and do a pretty good job. If we are trying to get younger and rebuild the team then why trade T-Will and Lee. To get a quality big man we will probably have to trade Martin or Scola. I would be OK with trading Martin.

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Trading Martin just so you could get Gortat would have been about as dumb as it gets...

18. Rip Van Rocket

Not if Lee and T-Will play at a high level. Lee has been playing very well, and we really don't know what T-Will can do yet. Another NBA team is not just going to give us a decent center for our scrubs, or for one of our unproven young players.

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Exactly, but what is the difference between Ellis and Martin, both can flat out score but can't defend.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Right on.