1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Alex Kennedy] Rockets shopping Yao, Lee, Budinger and others

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by desi tmac91, Feb 22, 2011.

1. mazinger

mazinger Member

You have got to be ****ing kidding me! I will stop watching Rockets basketball if Brooks is still here after the deadline and we trade away better players such as TWill and Lee.

2. worzel gummidge

He peaked last year.

3. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

The chances of that happening are about the chances of monkey flying out of my butt.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Mooch

Mooch Member

trading lee will be the stupidest thing rockets have done in a long time.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

in retrospect we obviously should have traded Brooks this past offseason, but he's been a big part of our team the last few years so it really isn't fair to say we held him too long. He's gotten better every year (until this year). I'd be okay holding onto Brooks so we don't sell low now, but if Adelman doesn't play him, his value will not get any better. Im worried about that. He's not a bench player for a lot of teams, but GMs will start to look at him that way if he doesn't get the time on the court he needs to remind people how good he is.

As for the Twill trade talk ...i am trying not to laugh so hard i piss myself.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If we can sign Brooks to something like 4M/year, I'd be in favor of keeping him, actually.

7. Serg300

Serg300 Member

This is going to get good.

[​IMG]

8. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

What is Morey supposed to say? Brooks has sucked this year and so has attitude, so please take him off our hands for whatever it takes. :rolleyes:

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I've never used this before.. but I think this finally warrants it. SMH.

I have no idea who Alex Kennedy is and how plugged in he is, but he isn't reporting anything too different from what we already know.

10. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Brooks has to be smokescreen, if people are interested and you say he's not available, his deemed value becomes higher than his actual value, and people will have to sweeten their deal.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Let's see if the all-star break helps his ankle. He needs to get his speed back or he's completely useless. I say the only we don't trade Brooks is if teams continue to offer scrubs for him. Fitting because he has been playing like one all season.

12. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

You're right. We should trade Brooks when his value is potentially lower than it's ever going to be in his entire career for whatever we can get. Doesn't matter if it's just the MIA 1st rounder.

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

How I read this:

We're trying hard to land a new starter at SF (Chase, Battier/Boston) chatter

Everyone wants Brooks....but every offer has been a pointless lowball

Trying to take care of the backcourt logjam (Lee/Williams)

Jeffries and Yao are cap space trade bait for financially hurting teams (Cha, for sure)

Jordan Hill and Chase are our token young throw in guys for almost any trade.

I'm optimistic we'll see something get done.

1 person likes this.
  14. worzel gummidge

Which is far from the starter's money he wanted.

Do we really want to see him unhappy and sulking for another year... IIRC Henry Abbott of TrueHoop had a small write up about player's having a down year after not signing the contracts they wanted.

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Am I the only one that reads these as desperate?

16. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Why would Morey trade Brooks when he can sign him for less then 3 million a year at the end of the season????

Morey is not going to give up Brooks who potentially could get a small contract after his bad year helping out other teams offensively.

17. worzel gummidge

First option on a bad team made him look better than he was. His FG% is avg in league. Most other avg shooters could've been plugged in to get the PPG he got.

18. Relentless

Relentless Member

I want to keep Lee and Hill.

Most of you don't like Hill but he can still become a decent backup.

Is he really worse than B Miller at this point? I think not

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

EXACTLY... It took a total of four weeks for the Rockets to realize that he's not someone they really want on their team or in the locker room.

I had a nagging suspicion that TWilliams could be flipped and the pick was sent to NJ to help them with the Melo dealings more than anything. The problem now is his trade value is pretty darn low.

It will be interesting to see if they can get anything of value for him or if he will just have to sit in time out and pout till this summer.

Send him to the Clippers for Minnesota's 2011 first round pick or something like that. That would be a genius Morey move if he traded him for a high lottery pick when he gave up a lottery protected pick.

20. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

It's safe to say this season is a wash.

In a weak draft class, and we all know how Morey is active during the draft, I think Morey wants to hold onto Brooks until the draft and deals him then.

Makes sense considering he's our most coveted player.

Gotta have a bullet left in the chamber to deal away during the draft