1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex Jones Trial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Aug 3, 2022.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I would like eleventy gazillion dollars and a unicorn for what has been done to me on ClutchFans.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The award amount requests don't change the culpability of the defendent

4. dmoneybangbang

Good. Making money on these types of lies should be heavily litigated.

Next up.... election deniers.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If Clutch made eleventy gazillion and one dollars because of classic defamation at your expense and lies sure.

That’s how the law works bud. The numbers didn’t just come out of thin air. Alex Jones has made a hell of a lot of money selling this and other conspiracy theories over the past few years.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

LOL, you think Alex Jones made 2.75 trillion dollars? That he is by far the richest man in the world. I think it is adorably that you are trying to explain to me how the law works in response to a joke. Aww.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Don’t drink and post dude. Calm your t***.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't care about the awards of trials as long as the punitive ones really punish and the people get something near just compensation.

I'm not paying it nor am I receiving it.

What I do care about is holding Jones accountable. He deserves to be held accountable and he's a dishonest swindler

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Finally some money coming to the families.

Also how pathetic is it to see a man who has pushed this tough macho attitude bawling and self-pitying.

10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Is anyone else able to see how the State tries to silence opposition and bankrupt them? Shameful that their free speech is attacked on the basis of political disagreement. This actually goes far beyond that -- they want their opponents in prison and bankrupt. It's abuse of the legal system and its destroying confidence in the legal system. Not good for the country overall -- but the Democrats will make that sacrifice for short term political power.

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

jesus dude...look what your partisanship has you defending now.

alex was sued because he used his radio show to accuse the parents of murdered kids of being "crisis actors" and claiming their kids never even existed. alex listeners started a campaign of harassment, death threats and intimidation against the parents of the murdered kids. alex supporters actually pissed on the graves of the murdered children. and alex personally profited off the lies he was spouting about sandy hook.

but of course you defend him...its who you are jorge!

Mr. Jones’s Sandy Hook commentary went on for years. Here is a small sampling of what he said:

• “My gut is, with the timing and everything that happened, this is staged. And you know I’ve been saying the last few months, get ready for big mass shootings, and then magically, it happens.”

• “Folks, we got to get private investigators up to Sandy Hook right now. Because I’m telling you this — this stinks to highest heaven.”

• “We’re sorry for everybody’s losses, whatever. We’re investigating this, though.”

• “It’s as phony as a $3 bill.”

• “You’ve got parents laughing — ‘hahaha’ — and then they walk over to the camera and go ‘boo hoo hoo,’ and not just one but a bunch of parents doing this and then photos of kids that are still alive they said died? I mean, they think we’re so dumb.”

• “Why did Hitler blow up the Reichstag — to get control! Why do governments stage these things — to get our guns! Why can’t people get that through their head?”

• “I watched the footage, and it looks like a drill.”
    After Robbie Parker, whose daughter Emilie died at Sandy Hook, gave a news conference the night after the shooting, Mr. Jones said:

• “You know, after you lose your daughter, they put you on some antidepressants or something, but I thought those take a month to kick in. I mean, it’s like a look of absolute satisfaction, like he’s about to accept an Oscar.”

• “It looks like he’s saying, ‘OK, do I read off the card?’ He’s laughing, and then he goes over and starts basically breaking down and crying.”

Ottomaton and FrontRunner like this.
  12. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

The solution to objectionable comments is more speech, not less. Freedom of speech is not limited to what you agree with. Our country was built on this freedom. The Bill of Rights -- check it out. Logic > Emotion -- always remember that when the liberal left tries to take your rights away.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It wasn't the state that sued, it was the families of the victims.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Just so we're clear Traitor
    Never forget that this low IQ low level manager once claimed home field advantage at Rice College Stadium is worth 3 touchdowns. Every opinion he's ever expressed is based on his feelings and emotions. He's entirely incapable of thinking critically. His next original thought will be his first.

There's a reason he's an utter nobody in his chosen field.

15. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

LMAO -- 100% opposite is true!

Surely by now you have heard that I dine regularly with Mexican Industrialists.

Intellect, charm, humor, impeccable hair, well-manicured lawn. The total package.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if you are cheering on the confiscation of someone's entire life savings because of something they said, you are Unamerican

Alex Jones is always the canary in the coal mine. The left is gong to continue trying to bankrupt any political opposition with "defamation" civil suits.

One thing red states can do to fight back is to pass laws outlawing malicious prosecution of their residents from out of state prosecutors. If Connecticut prosecutors can target Texas residents, their must be reciprocity.

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Now you have an opinion? No tweet? No video? Only the talking points you parrot on a regular basis. Alex Jones deserves every single bad thing that happens to him from here on out. Go donate to him if you feel so depressed over his situation.

FrontRunner and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Not the left. It was the families of the victims.

FrontRunner likes this.
  19. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Juan the drug dealer is not a Mexican Industrialist. He is an industrious Mexican.

No Worries likes this.
  20. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

If someone was on a national show and they were based out of Connecticut they could be sued. Please learn the law before you start spouting your nonsense.

FranchiseBlade likes this.