1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex Bregman Call-Up Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This post on its own has single-handedly helped me attain the washboard abs I've been striving for. You're doing God's work.

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    As seen on Twitter, it's time for #Bregxit

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Breg #1 on Law's mid-season list.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My midseason ranking of the top 50 prospects in baseball is now up for Insiders, with a new name at #1: <a href="https://t.co/xJ9lr849Vq">https://t.co/xJ9lr849Vq</a></p>&mdash; keithlaw (@keithlaw) <a href="https://twitter.com/keithlaw/status/753605830398844932">July 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Lol, wut?

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Tucker is 32.

6. awc713

awc713 Member

It'll be very interesting to see if Bregman/Correa fight it out for SS after this season.

Correa is able to make some absolutely beautiful plays given his size and athleticism, but he still commits a fair share of routine errors. Correa may be better suited at 3B, but I assume he'll be stubborn about the move (he's said multiple times he wants to stay at SS).

7. Progs

Progs Member

Kyle Tucker will hit double figure home runs next year.

8. Progs

Progs Member

Bregman>>>> Correa. Don't get me wrong, Correa is a great talent but Bregman is that guy!

9. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Nice, good to hear about Tucker. He is struggling lately but I have to remember that he is only 19 playing in A ball already. Sounds like everyone is still confident the power will arrive at some point. I am sure he will make noise in Lancaster. I remember when it was rare for youngsters to hit 10+ homers a season in the minors as they just weren't strong enough. Then Albert Pujols came along and hit 17 HR's at age 20 and all of that went out of the window. There are a lot more Bagwell types that develop power naturally as they work on their swing and it sounds like Tucker is one of those guys. Hopefully he has a solid 2nd half so he remains a must watch prospect.

10. Progs

Progs Member

Keith Law calls him a future superstar. Maybe, Bergman is Derek Jeter and Correa is Arod.

11. Progs

Progs Member

Barring injury, Tucker has a chance to be an All Star talent himself. Comes from a great family with great work ethic and his older brother is in the Majors. To be fair, Albert Pujols had his man body when he was 20 already. Dude was huge as a rookie with the Cardinals. He was ready to go when he was 21.

12. Progs

Progs Member

I know Daz Cameron has struggle early on, but looks like Wrenn has been better than advertised. So things tend to even out with a good scouting team in place.

13. Jay713

Jay713 Member

Sean Bergman?

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Um, no he's not. But tell us more about his brother! We've never heard of him!

15. solodolo

solodolo Member

Right now he's killing it and its making you mad so **** what you think Ha

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Correa eventually becomes the 3B, much like Manny Machado.

If Bregman can handle himself at 3B defensively, though, then I don't really see the point.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

That's Bowden's word & sticking to it!

[rquoter]Bowden Buzz:

While taking in Sunday's Futures Game, I saw four players who looked major-league-ready now, led by Houston Astros third baseman Alex Bregman. Apparently the Astros agree: According to my sources, Bregman's contract will be purchased, and he will join the Astros this weekend. Look for them to put him at third base and move Luis Valbuena to first base. Bregman's bat is further along than Astros rookies A.J. Reed and Tyler White, and it's somewhat surprising the team hasn't already promoted him. Bregman can hit and hit for power and seems extremely comfortable at third base. And his makeup is off the charts.[/rquoter]

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I know you're not knocking him but everyone seems to strangely take shots at Correa including 610 as I type this. Very weird. I'm trying to think of people his age who have had better first full seasons of baseball. Yeah he's not the MVP candidate(yet) that people mis pegged him as this season but his future projects to be super stud.

I've yet to hear anyone project Bregman as the better player. Let's not get carried away. If he's as good as Correa, we are an extremely fortunate franchise.

19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Very interesting. I believe it.

20. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Agreed, I will be shocked if Correa is not a super stud like you say even within the next 2 years. At 21 years old, after a stud rookie season of hitting 1.045 OPS, A-Rod hit 23 homers and had an OPS of 0.846 which is about where Correa is heading by the end of this year IMO. Still All-Star level numbers but wouldn't be surprised if this is Correa's lowest statistical season till he is in his 30's. Most studs, besides Trout and Pujols go through Sophomore slumps especially when they are 21 or younger like Correa is. Remember he lost some time in the minors due to injury too. He is also 6 months younger than Bregman. I hope Bregman is equally as studly as Correa as I think both will be stars. Let's give them some time as expecting them to be Trout from Day one is unrealistic.