1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Aldridge] Rockets will trade Asik by Thursday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 12, 2013.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol the bobcats have nothing we really want...

2. Remii

Remii Member

Unless Morey wants Jarrett Jack from Cleveland also...

3. Raven

Raven Member

Ha ha ha, Morey is freaking awesome. :grin:

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

True...

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If we were going to acquire Anderson Varejao, why wouldn't we just keep Asik? They virtually have the same strengths and the same weaknesses. That makes little to no sense.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Not true, they have first round picks. ;)

7. Raven

Raven Member

Because Asik is openly pouting like a little female dog in heat.

8. vvade

vvade Member

He's worth being overpaid if it means we can snag him from the Pistons. I think $12.5 million starting for 5 years is something they would blink at. They made a huge mistake giving Josh Smith that contract, and the last thing they want to do is follow it up with another one. The fear of it being Ben Gordon, Rodney Stuckey, and Chalrie Villanueva eating up the entire cap all over again would stop them from matching.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Jordan would be nice...

10. vvade

vvade Member

I added them because they would be the players he starts with. Our team is complete if he signed here. All of the other teams you mentioned would still have ??? all over their roster.

Monroe is so underrated.

11. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Why do people keep asking this? It is because Asik wants out. The guy even chose not to play a few times, it is clearly going to be a problem if we don't trade him soon. I'd love to get overlap at Asik's position, or even keep Asik (for off the bench), but guy doesn't want to be here.

12. Remii

Remii Member

In the western conference with all these high powered power forwards _ Milsap isn't much better than TJ... I know he had good games against the Rockets in the past (before TJ was a starter here and TJ straight up out played Milsap) _ but we really didn't have anyone at the 4 position when he did and I believe that's why many fans around here are so in love with Milsap.

They need to stick with TJ and let him develop. And if Morey does bring in Milsap _ it may be for him to take over at the small forward spot because that's what he plays like anyway _ a small forward.

13. Remii

Remii Member

Monroe may feel the same way and he may want to be somewhere where he can be the center piece. If he comes here he will be behind Harden, Howard, and possibly Parsons in the pecking order and he may not want that... Also OKC are the big dawgs on our block. So when they go small with Durant at the 4 _ that will force Howard or Monroe to the bench.

14. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I love Jones, but Millsap is extremely, consistently good. He has weathered a variety of circumstances including a coaching change, a weird win now/develop young guys tug-of-war/timeshare with Kanter and Favors, and a team change and he has still put up four years of an utterly unwavering 17 points and 8 boards on 49% shooting per 36 minutes. He's now added three point range to that. Yeah you probably don't want him as the best player on your team, but he's a versatile 4-man who would be one of the best third bananas in the league.

15. Remii

Remii Member

I "THINK" Jack may be an upgrade over the point guards we have...

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He's the perfect point guard for this team in terms of toughness on both sides of the floor. He would be a good pick up. I like Beverley but Jack is just a better player.

17. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

If everyone is so high on Millsap, why isn't he that hot on the market, and why isn't Hawks holding onto him.

I know he has size can shoot and rebound reasonably well, and I know he played pretty well in Utah etc.

Look, I have always been high on LMA, way before he turns out to be a real monster in this young season. But we never had a chance to get him, and even more impossible now.

What about Millsap that I don't know, who's only high in the eyes of Rockets fans?

We were high on Nachbar, Head, and the Greek Nash before:) Of course, PM is much better than those ex-players.

18. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

if not Jack, maybe we'll get Gee or Waiters...

19. Remii

Remii Member

I like Milsap too... But as a small forward... And I think he would be great on this team _ but as a small forward _ with Parsons coming off the bench as the 6th man...

Howard is short... Milsap is short (6-8) and not known as a shot blocker or rim protector. That's trouble come playoffs in the west. I believe TJ has a higher upside as a power forward but I do believe Milsap would be a great small forward. His perimeter game has evolved and his perimeter defense is darn good.

20. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Two first rounders from the Bobcats and the right to swap draft spots in another draft would be awesome. First round picks are gold.