1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aldridge is disproving Morey's theory

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gfab-babyboi, Apr 23, 2014.

1. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Morey is trying to be the coach and hired a coach that is ok being his b****.

1 person likes this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

how about the theory that aldridge is fu**cking really good?:confused:

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No. James Harden is.

4. torocan

torocan Member

The Rockets ran a ton of post ups with Dwight. This slowed down the pace considerably. The Rockets only attempted 90 shots tonight and 105 shots in game 1.

Dwight shot 21/105 team FGA in game 1 or 20% of the team's shots.
    Dwight shot 22/90 team FGA in game 2 or 24.4% of the team's shots.

Parsons and Asik also took more shots in game 2.

Those shot attempts have to come from somewhere. And one place they came from was Lin.

As for his time in NY, Lin shot just as many 16-23 feet mid range shots last year (when he was starting, was one of the main facilitators and not passing into the post as much) as he did in NY.

In NY Lin shot 14.9% of his shots from 16-23 feet and 19.6% from 3pt.
    Last year Lin shot 15.0% of his shots from 16-23 feet and 28.7% from 3pt.
    This year Lin has shot 11.2% of his shots from 16-23 feet and 34.6% from 3pt.

The difference between this year and last year is a change in roll. If you ask Lin to spot up in the corner waiting for a catch and shoot, the opportunity to shoot the mid-range is going to go down versus him running a pick and roll or isolating at the top of the key.

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Just stop, you're making yourself look worse. In this thread you said, "I've been saying all year that we're at BEST a fringe play off contender" which is much different than saying they're a fringe title contender. Either way you were wrong, because the Rockets have zero chance of winning a championship this year. That's been my correct position all along.

6. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

The only way to stop someone who's making fade away jumpers is to either double team them and put more pressure one them or force the ball out of their hands. Yes Dwight had a great game but our chances of winning depend on Harden then Dwight. There wasn't any inside to outside game going on tonight, all we did was feed the ball to Dwight and expect him to get us points.

Our success came from Harden-Howard-Parsons playing well. If you force feed someone the ball the entire game how can the rest of the players be involved in the offense? I didn't see a lot of pick and rolls or team involved offense. If we were able to score on the offensive end we sure as hell let the Trail Blazers have their way with us on the other end.

I don't expect the Rockets to win the championship this year but we definitely can't win any games playing the way we are right now. Aldridge is going to have an off night so we may win 1 or 2 in Portland, but we need to start playing to our strengths which starts with Harden being the number one option.

7. torocan

torocan Member

Uh huh, keep talking. This is what I actually said at the beginning of April.

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/showthread.php?p=8823000

And arguing that a 5% or 10% chance was not a real possibility any more than the chances were 0% is impossible to prove. They are just opinions. That doesn't mean that I was incorrect, just that you believe with absolute certainty that it could not have happened while I allow for the possibility of luck and low probability outcomes.

You're entitled to your opinion. Just as you are entitled to your complete misquoting of what I have previously said... subject to correction of course. :rolleyes:

8. Andrew Wiggins

Who should take the mid range jumpers? We do not have a player like Aldridge or dork who can do that. The mid range game has always been dominated by the best power forwards in the game and the top players in the league.

You keep saying what the problem is with no solution. We both agreed the pick and roll would help solve this problem, but every pick turns into a turnover and a foul/flop.

Please. Enlighten me.

9. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

LMA is the white Dirk

10. coffeelover665

he is really ****ing good :confused:

11. Andrew Wiggins

We want aldridge because we are running with rooks at pf. He is dominating a first year starter in the league and players playing out of position. Nothing to write home about.

Worst possible matchup by far. Even okc would have been a little better.

12. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

this can't happen now, but there is player development. pretty clear they aren't even trying to experiment with it.

the offense needs to be more organized. they need to tap the breaks on free lance offense a bit. try to incorporate more structure into the system.

13. Andrew Wiggins

That post was made during the game and i was getting heated. Duncan is older though and he should play less minutes. I bet pop still gets the ball out of his hands when duncan sits.

14. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

If there's one thing I've learned this year is that you do NOT want to argue with Torocan.

That guy is more consistent than all our players combined. He'll school you with stats so hard that you'll think you're back in kindergarten :grin:

15. Andrew Wiggins

They cant even get us a single w. We never put pressure on them. Dwight tried his best to start the game, but aldridge answered. They know they have a mouse in the house with jones on him and that gives them a ton of confidence.

We cant find a way to take away LAs confidence and that is the game.

16. deshen

deshen Member

I told the mid-range is very important in playoffs even when everyone here was so excited about Morey's layup/3-point theory.

17. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

here are some stats

2 wins- 6 losses

here's another stat. 1... as in one team has advanced to the conference finals using this sort of system

18. Andrew Wiggins

You shoot the three in transition when you are open, but when the game slows down it has to come from penetrating/posting up and kicking out. With the rockets our best bet is dwights post ups getting us open threes and setting picks for harden, waiting for the help defender and kicking out.

But the problem is we havent set picks all season and now we dont know how to set them without getting whistled for them. They seem to let the rockets get beat up and pushed around all day when they are on offense, especially our bigs. But when they get a little physical and set a pick it is a foul every time. They know that the pick and roll is our only chance in the half court and the refs aint having it.

How did you not see this though? Dont you remember all of the collapses in the 4th when they game slows down and teams are forced to play half court offense?

He is amazing. But he is still facing a first year starter and players playing out of position. No other player in the league would have given the rockets this much problems.

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey doesn't know basketball at all.

20. verysimplejason

A little bit faster, a little bit longer, a little bit weaker down low but better passer, better defense, better shooter, more range and younger. So, nope...